List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
can you explain the logic of assuming lower league stats are comparable?
Derr, they played similar roles against the same opponent on the same day. Both spent time in the midfield and some time forward. Did you watch the match? Fog’s three clearances were AWESOME, but apparently no one seemed to notice O’Connor‘s two clearances.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
If it was a choice of an ash or lukosius i am going lukosius every time on the try to lure here-o-meter. Luko is an elite ball user and may have been impressed with what he saw here the other night?
Ash is also an excellent ball user which you'd know if you watched him closely, he also has the speed, dare and want to take the game on...very suited to the style that looks to be the go with the new "stand" rule. Ash was the player I wanted for us when we held pick 4 as most would know. Both Lachlan Ash and Hayden Young are excellent ball users but Ash's speed and dare was always the big difference I saw. Mind you I don't think Ash will come cheap either.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I agree with most of that.

Both Lynch and Seedsman played us off against other clubs last time around threatening to leave so I'd be in no hurry with either.

Strachen is on the list until we feel there is a better back up Ruck option. That means he could go a few years or be cut at the end of this year.
Tex, gets just the one year.

Fog is a tricky one, he will be on our list in 2022 but not past that unless something changes.
We can do better than Strachan even as a back up Ruck surely.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Ash is also an excellent ball user which you'd know if you watched him closely, he also has the speed, dare and want to take the game on...very suited to the style that looks to be the go with the new "stand" rule. Ash was the player I wanted for us when we held pick 4 as most would know. Both Lachlan Ash and Hayden Young are excellent ball users but Ash's speed and dare was always the big difference I saw. Mind you I don't think Ash will come cheap either.
How have you seen Ash’s development?

I normally watch GWS games but haven’t been able to see any this year. His stats suggest he is building well into that uncontested receiving running defender type.

I’d be keen on him if he can be a Lachie Whitfield quality winger. But wouldn’t overpay if he will primarily be a running defender. We have Smith signed for several years and I’m ok with an experienced player in that role.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Against South (in his first SANFL game) Ronin had 12 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances = Clearly a Spud.

The Fog had 14 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 3 clearances = Must play against the Kangas.

Can any of those writing off Ronin please explain the basis of their logic?
Ronin was a mid all day. Fogarty played some bursts in there.

Ronin's numbers for a full-time mid don't support your argument.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
You're letting Talia go for nothing? What the...

What's the thought process behind keeping Golant but delisting Murphy and O'Connor...and rooking MacKay again??
Gollant was always a high upside, long-term play. Murphy and O'Connor don't have the ceiling that Gollant does. They're good workmanlike players.

Murphy probably stays. I think O'Connor almost certainly leaves.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're letting Talia go for nothing? What the...

What's the thought process behind keeping Golant but delisting Murphy and O'Connor...and rooking MacKay again??

If Talia goes we have no control over what we get, it's AFL compo or nothing. I'm hoping Talia returns with the same refreshed body that we've seen from Tex and Sloane. He's also been playing under duress for years. I wonder if the guy that joined us that apparently works with the Burgess bloke has had something to do with repairing the damage to Tex and Sloane. High hopes for Talia I have.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know ash uses the ball well and has dash to his game a very promising player for sure. In my eyes though lukosius is the blue chip.option if he ever became available to us as he is almost key position height but also has a huge engine and an elite field kick which gives him the greatest versatility you could ask for. But hey..neither may ever pull on the crow tricolours but we can only hope

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree with most of that.

Both Lynch and Seedsman played us off against other clubs last time around threatening to leave so I'd be in no hurry with either.

Strachen is on the list until we feel there is a better back up Ruck option. That means he could go a few years or be cut at the end of this year.
Tex, gets just the one year.

Fog is a tricky one, he will be on our list in 2022 but not past that unless something changes.

We'll be very hesitant to shed experience this year. If we lose our fringe performing seniors, it'll be left up the kids or the next unknown Keays/Crocker roll of the dice. We're not doing that. Salary cap clears this year, so I'd be asking them to back themselves in and give them more $ but 1 year only. Which is what was reported around here as happening with Sauce.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
For those doing the math - I reckon we will take three picks in the draft, plus Dudley and O'Laughlin.

I also think we trade in at least one player.

So, before we look to upgrade anyone from the rookie to the main list, we have to make six main list cuts.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Big year for many of the Crows' lads. It's easy to speculate, but I'm only brave enough to predict these four list management 'certainties'.

1) Mackay - Delisted (it's happening......)
2) Davis - Delisted
3) Tex - 1-Year Contract
4) Doedee - 3-5 Year Contract (just a matter of time)

Beyond these four, there's far too much to play out in 2021, before more 'certainties' flower up.

Uncontracted Players - Talia, Fogarty, McAsey, Newchurch, Borlase, Murray, O'Connor, Gollant, Lynch, Seedsman, Crouch, Kelly, Murphy, Strachan.
Contracted Players - Himmelberg... Trade?

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I think Himmelburg and Jones may be better off elsewhere.

Himmelburg should be playing somewhere. Jones maybe needs a different environment.

Ronin was a mid all day. Fogarty played some bursts in there.

Ronin's numbers for a full-time mid don't support your argument.

Having 12 disposals, 6 of them from marks, is a very poor effort for an inside midfielder. Suggests he only had a maximum of 6 disposals from ground balls, hard balls or handball receives playing as one of our primary mids.

He'll need to double his output this year to be in consideration for retention

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Having 12 disposals, 6 of them from marks, is a very poor effort for an inside midfielder. Suggests he only had a maximum of 6 disposals from ground balls, hard balls or handball receives playing as one of our primary mids.

He'll need to double his output this year to be in consideration for retention
Inside Midfielder/Defender, he's more versatile than you give him credit for.

Do you have the T.O.G stats for the SANFL or know where they can be sourced?

All this off one ******* SANFL game....

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Lynch on a 1 year deal and sent to the rookie list makes a lot of sense. Seems to be winding down, 2022 probably his last season and it'd be nice if he finishes his career with us,

Mrouch is the interesting one - I don't see a lot of certain delistees, so we might have to look to move on some more experienced players. Our midfield seems to be working fine without him at present, with Sloane/Laird/Keays as the experienced bodies. Need to give an opportunity for guys like Berry/Schoenberg/Pedlar to develop, too. I'd probably take a higher pick for Mrouch if I could. Talk of giving him a 2/3 year deal maximum is not happening though, if he does re-sign it's gonna be on a four-year deal probably

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Well there's 3 O's for you just off the top of my head.

Mick O'Loughlin
Ryan O'Keefe
Gary O'Donnell

Reilly O'Brien and Jaeger O'Meara go quite well currently.
Heritier Lumumba, formerly known as Harry O'Brien, was a reasonable player at Collingwood.

Mark O'Connor at Geelong is also a reasonable player.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I want to keep McCasey, and the biggest decision is what to do with Crouch

I don’t want to retain Matt Crouch, he slows our ball movement down and I don’t think he gives us anything that Schoenberg won’t be giving us more of in a year or 2

crouch will want 5 years, and I’m not giving him more than 2.

i’d keep lynch on a 1 year deal If he’s amenable to that.
We can't keep all of Sloane, Laird and Crouch. All are too slow and none are great users of the ball and don't hurt the opposition. On top of that, Crouch is a poor decision maker, often setting up hospital passes for teammates, which leads to turnovers. Have a bad feeling we will give Crouch a 5 year deal though.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
People keep forgetting Stengle as one of our departures.

Murray has replaced Gibbs, but we do not currently have anyone filling Stengle's vacancy.
Does that mean we already have two vacancies? Actually, no dont worry about it. Murray took our vacancy didn't he. So we already have made one of the 3 compulsory changes. Think this year will be a three or 4 change year. Stengle and Mackay r defs. Davis will go if he doesn't pull the finger out. Strachan? Maybe a trade??

Back