List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said, your comments just make you look like one. Davies is a bloody good operator and I'd love to have him working for us.
Actually no, my comments don't. Let's say you don't know him, what would your opinion be of him given his cocky arrogant comments especially where he said the Crows are jealous of Port?

Why is Dawson leaving Sydney? My view is that he doesnt fit their salary cap. So who can pay him more? Well the Crows should be able to. So we should add $200,000 pa to any offer Port make. I cant see how he doesnt come to the crows with half competent list management (maybe wishful assumption of competence). If he wanted success then he would stay at Sydney. He might be homesick but in my view Homesick usually means want to get paid significantly more with the small upside of seeing family and friends. Most dont say that money is the biggest factor but we often see want to go home morphs into moving half way across the country for more money.
w-itnews-com-au-bunnings_10_percent-png.1237507

Why is Dawson leaving Sydney? My view is that he doesnt fit their salary cap. So who can pay him more? Well the Crows should be able to. So we should add $200,000 pa to any offer Port make. I cant see how he doesnt come to the crows with half competent list management (maybe wishful assumption of competence). If he wanted success then he would stay at Sydney. He might be homesick but in my view Homesick usually means want to get paid significantly more with the small upside of seeing family and friends. Most dont say that money is the biggest factor but we often see want to go home morphs into moving half way across the country for more money.

people like to be wanted

Mutineer he’s at it again
Oh Sanders

Please dont change, always the brave keyboard agitator

If you go back to articles in early May it was reported that Dawson has held of signing with Swans based on repeated interest shown by the AFC, with this in mind our efforts obviously started well before May

It was also reported at that time that the AFC will aggressively increase their chase later in the year, which is now materialising

Regardless of you trying to agitate, and being the keyboard superhero in the room the facts are playing out as reported

Nice try, but no bite from me

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh Sanders

Please dont change, always the brave keyboard agitator

If you go back to articles in early May it was reported that Dawson has held of signing with Swans based on repeated interest shown by the AFC, with this in mind our efforts obviously started well before May

It was also reported at that time that the AFC will aggressively increase their chase later in the year, which is now materialising

Regardless of you trying to agitate, and being the keyboard superhero in the room the facts are playing out as reported

Nice try, but no bite from me

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You just did

Perhaps we should be looking at recruiting the recruiting staff from the Western Bulldogs. How about this for a list of players selected at their first pick? Sure, some of the picks were high, but not all of them. I have put the pick number after each name.

2020 - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan 1
2019 - Cody Weightman 15
2018 - Bailey Smith 7
2017 - Aaron Naughton 9
2016 - Tim English 19
2015 - Josh Dunkley 25
2014 - Toby McLean 26
2013 - Marcus Bontempelli 4
2012 - Jake Stringer 5 (Jack Macrae 6)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps we should be looking at recruiting the recruiting staff from the Western Bulldogs. How about this for a list of players selected at their first pick? Sure, some of the picks were high, but not all of them. I have put the pick number after each name.

2019 - Cody Weightman 15
2018 - Bailey Smith 7
2017 - Aaron Naughton 9
2016 - Tim English 19
2015 - Josh Dunkley 25
2014 - Toby McLean 26

The more you analyse how premiership teams are put together the more you realise that recruiting departments get nowhere near enough scrutiny.

2019 - Cody Weightman 15
2018 - Bailey Smith 7
2017 - Aaron Naughton 9
2016 - Tim English 19
2015 - Josh Dunkley 25
2014 - Toby McLean 26

They’ve drafted incredibly well, including with later picks.

Meanwhile St Kilda could’ve taken Bont and Naughton ahead of Billings and Coffield (not to mention Petracca instead of McCartin).

Meanwhile St Kilda could’ve taken Bont and Naughton ahead of Billings and Coffield (not to mention Petracca instead of McCartin).

The issue with that comment is development isn't fatalistic. Saints could have taken Bont and absolutely butchered him, whereas Billings might have been an absolute superstar if he landed at a club like the dogs. They certainly have form.

The likelihood is who you have running the show (i.e. coaches/gm/etc) is more important than the recruiting staff when it comes to building a premiership contender.

Quite Correct - the draft and how well it’s used will almost always give the platform for a flag. Add bits and pieces for sure.

2019 - Cody Weightman 15
2018 - Bailey Smith 7
2017 - Aaron Naughton 9
2016 - Tim English 19
2015 - Josh Dunkley 25
2014 - Toby McLean 26
And the man that takes credit for most of them was Head Recruiter Simon Dalrymple who shifted to Sydney in 2018, and their list manager at the time Jason McCartney shifted to GWS around the same time. Ugle-Hagan doesn't count he was a freebie.

Not sure the Saints can be blamed for McCartin. From memory at the time he was the clear first choice and most clubs would’ve taken him, who knows what he could’ve been?

Not sure the Saints can be blamed for McCartin. From memory at the time he was the clear first choice and most clubs would’ve taken him, who knows what he could’ve been?
I’m a firm believer there’s quite a bit of luck in it. People like to be as scientific as possible and that’s quite fair enough - but these boys have 2 basic things in common.

Theyve never played AFL. Before
They are all excellent junior footballers

So it’s hard to say player A was the wrong pick. Often it just doesn’t work out for a number of reasons. McCartin goes 1 but Fyfe goes 18 or 19 or thereabouts. Genius? Maybe - but quite a bit of luck there I think

No way was McCartin a clear first choice at the time, many questioned his ordinary athleticism and also the fact he had to manage type 1 diabetes.

I saw on the Saints board a best 22 of players taken with the pick immediately after the Saints pick.

It was a superstar team. From the very next pick each time.

I’m a firm believer there’s quite a bit of luck in it. People like to be as scientific as possible and that’s quite fair enough - but these boys have 2 basic things in common.

Theyve never played AFL. Before
They are all excellent junior footballers

So it’s hard to say player A was the wrong pick. Often it just doesn’t work out for a number of reasons. McCartin goes 1 but Fyfe goes 18 or 19 or thereabouts. Genius? Maybe - but quite a bit of luck there I think
Interesting take from you, given you take a close interest in it. You don’t hear that much, esp from recruiters and media experts on recruiting.

Back