List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hately is comfortably a better prospect that ROC

Y’all tripping.

Don't think ROC has ever shown enough ball winning capabilities at any level.

I was really impressed with Hatelys first debut games at GWS, but am not sure if he can fix up his deficiencies.

We needed him to play on the big bodies but other mids get separation too easily on him, I'm not sure how he makes our midfield. Coaches have tried struggling players in other positions more than I've seen at this club, perhaps he can be tried forward?

Davis certainly looked more promising across half back than he did early on as a forward at AFL level at least. Wouldn't be disappointed if he ended up on the rookie list but also hard to see him breaking through with the amount of options we have.

What's everyone's thoughts on Fisher Mcasey? Will he make our best 22 next year?.. 2022 trade bait perhaps?

Need to give him a full preseason to judge I think.

If he has a similar year then he won't be worth much in a trade, we would be better of holding onto him than taking a fourth round pick for him.

I'll have to trust you on this, because I've hardly seen him get the ball to kick it.

Smith, Hinge, Dawson, Tex, Fog, Milera, Murphy, Seedsman, Sholl are all really good kicks.

If we delist Davis, which club will he walk into and be starting 22?
If the answer is none, then why should he be on our list at the age of 24?

Turn it up

Gee, that 2019 draft is starting to look a bit s**t.

Gee, that 2019 draft is starting to look a bit sh*t.

I’m very, very happy with Schoenberg and Gollant.

The ‘talls take time’ theory still has to played out with McAsey and Worrell.

We need to work out their best position and leave them there, especially Fish.

What's everyone's thoughts on Fisher Mcasey? Will he make our best 22 next year?.. 2022 trade bait perhaps?

Isn't Fish a fascinating subplot for 2022? A kid who is favoured to lock down a position coming into 2021 had a poor run with form (for both in his control, and out of his control reasons) and much like Talia, find himself on the outside looking in as two other players make strides towards cementing their spots in the lineup, and look damn good prospects doing so. To the point where the answer is almost, no if everything goes to plan, McAsey will not be a best 22 player next year. I say almost because I'd love to see us move Doedee away from a third tall, and into Kellys old role, which could open up an opportunity for Fish, but we don't know if we'll commit to that.

Good thing for Fish is things rarely go to plan, and he'll inevitably get another opportunity to force Murray/Butts/Worrell/Doedee etc out, but he's going to need to make that shot count. The joint is certainly changing from the shellshocked rabble we were when he joined the club, or at least has the perception it's changing.

I don't see the point in hanging onto someone whose shown their not up to it at AFL level and is 24. flexibility doesn't count for much when he couldn't make it as a forward, so was tried down back. This spot is better off given to a best 22 prospect. We have enough fringe/depth defenders - Hinge, McPherson and then Milera to come back (if played there).
But he's not only a defender, that's the point. He's played forward, back, and wing. He's good size, knows the system and doesn't have any illusions of grandure so will play anywhere, including emergency sub at any time.

To me if you are looking for a useful, cheap depth piece you've just described the perfect player.

And the best part is, if he doesn't fit on the list then just don't re-rookie him... Simples

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have to trust you on this, because I've hardly seen him get the ball to kick it.

Smith, Hinge, Dawson, Tex, Fog, Milera, Murphy, Seedsman, Sholl are all really good kicks.

If we delist Davis, which club will he walk into and be starting 22?
If the answer is none, then why should he be on our list at the age of 24?
Smith, good kick but rarely hits precision kicks, they are either long bombs or goal shots
Hinge - not seen enough
Dawson - yes agreed
Tex - last year
FOG - goal kicking not field kicking
Milera - everyone needs to accept the reality that Milera may never come back to the way he was with that injury, they are generally career killers
Murphy - please, no he isn't
Seedsman - again long bombs not precision field kicking
Sholl - yes agreed

So out of that list, precise field kicking is limited to Dawson, Sholl and possibly Hinge. Certainly room for a precision kicking rookie

Last edited:
So we had the old late Friday arvo press release with the axing of O'Connor and Davis. I was more than half expecting it. Come on Crows, it wasn't that controversial or sensitive an issue!

Don't think ROC has ever shown enough ball winning capabilities at any level.

I was really impressed with Hatelys first debut games at GWS, but am not sure if he can fix up his deficiencies.

We needed him to play on the big bodies but other mids get separation too easily on him, I'm not sure how he makes our midfield. Coaches have tried struggling players in other positions more than I've seen at this club, perhaps he can be tried forward?
Not quite true - he's averaged just short of 20 touches a game & will continue to be a very capable SANFL player or WAFL player if he heads back to WA. It was worth a go for both him & the Crows, but that step up to the AFL is a big one.

I like him a lot (surprise surprise some would say ha ha ). But no I really do. I’m full of admiration for how he managed his stuff with his dad. Can’t imagine how hard that would have been. Father very sick, away from him and borders buggered. Showed great character and commitment to not only stick it out - but extend his time. A private school metro boy from Sandy Dragons - who’d have thought.

I heard Reid say that he’s being developed as a forward now - I’ve seen some great signs of him being able to do this. I think he’ll be very valuable in the end.

So we had the old late Friday arvo press release with the axing of O'Connor and Davis. I was more than half expecting it. Come on Crows, it wasn't that controversial or sensitive an issue!

Might have been pretty sensitive to O'Connor and Davis.

It's also not an issue that deserves any fanfare either.

I’m very, very happy with Schoenberg and Gollant.

The ‘talls take time’ theory still has to played out with McAsey and Worrell.

We need to work out their best position and leave them there, especially Fish.

I meant that the overall draft looks very mediocre. A lot of early picks already being cut.

Smith, good kick but rarely hits precision kicks, they are either long bombs or goal shots
Hinge - not seen enough
Dawson - yes agreed
Tex - last year
Milera - everyone needs to accept the reality that Milera may never come back to the way he was with that injury, they are generally career killers
Sholl - yes agreed

So out of that list, precise field kicking is limited to Dawson, Sholl and possibly Hinge. Certainly room for a precision kicking rookie
Yeah, well that's not Ben Davis, and if a precision kicking rookie comes in he's going to have shortcomings in other areas of his game or he's not falling through to the rookie draft.

Hinge - not seen enough
Dawson - yes agreed
Tex - last year
Sholl - yes agreed

Fog’s field kicking is bloody great too..

I clearly remember on several occassions during games throughout the year commenting on how fog had delivered the ball perfecty to his leading team mate.. and saying that i wished our midfielders could take a leaf out of fogs book on how to deliver to your leading team mates advantage..

Next year 100% make or break for McAsey if isn't in best 22 by mid year bye then we just need to accept he is a bust.
He's on a 2 year contract, so 2023 is the make or break year for him. However, it's going to be hard for him to make it in 2023 if he doesn't start to show something in 2022.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back