Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know about South Sydney but Richmond never took part in a camp as stupid as what the Crows did, yoga and meditation to relax the mind is about as far away from mentally breaking them as it gets.

You were at the camp were you? Know what went on at the camp? Please tell us all about it then and why it was ‘stupid’.

You were at the camp were you? Know what went on at the camp? Please tell us all about it then and why it was ‘stupid’.
No just what has been reported which is admittedly a rumour, however this doesn’t change the fact that Richmond has never done exercises like this as you falsely claimed.

No just what has been reported which is admittedly a rumour, however this doesn’t change the fact that Richmond has never done exercises like this as you falsely claimed.

Richmond employed a mind expert to work on the mental aspect of the players. Show me where I said that Richmond ‘went on a camp’. Get your facts right.

So rumours are fact are they? And rumours that are called out as BS by the Captain and CEO of the club should be believed should they?

You’re here to troll the Crows as per usual. At least get your facts right.

Richmond employed a mind expert to work on the mental aspect of the players. Show me where I said that Richmond ‘went on a camp’. Get your facts right.

So rumours are fact are they? And rumours that are called out as BS by the Captain and CEO of the club should be believed should they?

Richmonds mind expert focusses on meditation and yoga, completely different so for once cut the BS

If you want to compare and contrast just how similar the methods aren’t I can give you a link to a book that goes into great detail what work was done on the mental side.
Jesus Christ and you actually have the nerve to tell somebody else to get facts right when you used a point that’s blatantly wrong.

Riiiiiiight. Typical Port poster just here to troll the Crows about anything and everything. Pathetic.

Those experts helped guide the Rabbitohs to a flag and Richmond were the only other team to invest heavily into these mental exercises and strangely enough both teams made the Grand Final.

Ha ha ha ha ha riiiight. Yep Dangerfield didn’t want to return home to get married and start a family he was pissed off over some mind exercises. Bock, Davis and Lever didn’t leave for more money it was the preseason camps they were trying to avoid. Spot on as usual champ.

Had my post deleted giving an example of people who work in stressful situations on a daily basis as a comparison to what AFL players are dealing with. Maybe bigfooty is soft as well. Better just stick to getting Centrelink payments and being a keyboard warrior instead.

Was Max Gawn mentally weak for missing the goal on the weekend? If so, maybe he needs some mind training.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/26/who-was-behind-crows'-preseason-camp/

Reckon these guys are pretty good at what they do. After the Grand Final every other team has started dipping their toes into the mental side of the game. Richmond and Adelaide led the way it’s up to everyone else to catch up.

9 of the last 15 posts made by Roovolution including 4 in a row.

are_you_frustrated.jpg

Adelaide CEO;
We want to ensure the players are developing as leaders and coping with demands that are unplanned for

FFS this is a group of players that had to deal with the murder of Phil Walsh and the death from cancer of Dean Bailey.
I'm fairly sure that this group has proved their leadership and mental toughness and resilience.

If I was one of the players subjected to this camp and the rationale behind it I'm bloody sure I'd be pissed off as well.

hmm okay. if you actually read that "article" it's just Taylor Walker saying he personally loved the the whole thing and recommends it to his family and friends. doesn't address the actual topic of the players not responding to it. reminds me of the Crows fans right here who refuse to do the same.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/26/who-was-behind-crows'-preseason-camp/

Reckon these guys are pretty good at what they do. After the Grand Final every other team has started dipping their toes into the mental side of the game. Richmond and Adelaide led the way it’s up to everyone else to catch up.

...but it worked for Richmond and failed for Adelaide, why are you pretending anyone who buys this service succeeds?

hmm okay. if you actually read that "article" it's just Taylor Walker saying he personally loved the the whole thing and recommends it to his family and friends. doesn't address the actual topic of the players not responding to it. reminds me of the Crows fans right here who refuse to do the same.

...but it worked for Richmond and failed for Adelaide, why are you pretending anyone who buys this service succeeds?

Where did I say that? And how is success measured? We beat you by 83 points last year and went to the GF. You lost a home Final to a team who finished 8th. It’s whetehr it’s had a positive effect on the team or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide CEO;

FFS this is a group of players that had to deal with the murder of Phil Walsh and the death from cancer of Dean Bailey.
I'm fairly sure that this group has proved their leadership and mental toughness and resilience.

If I was one of the players subjected to this camp and the rationale behind it I'm bloody sure I'd be pissed off as well.

Right. So let’s not try and help their decision making skills under pressure. Let’s not try and make them learn to think for themselves when put into strange situations. Let’s leave all the mental side of the game alone because their coach died a few years ago.

Your post is ridiculous. Grief v Mental toughness under pressure.

This thread is yet another excuse to bash the Crows. Zero logic or balance put in by opposition posters it’s just one big troll session.

Quality bigfooty posting.

The only thing that really annoys me about this is that somebody at the club is talking to the media. If you've got an issue, take it up with club officials. Don't involve the parasites in the media, especially when you know they are just looking for any excuse to pile on the Crows.

Frankly, I would sack any player or coach who talks to the media without the club's approval.

Where did I say that?

you said "Richmond and Adelaide leading the way"? it worked for them, not for you...

And how is success measured?

winning premierships

We beat you by 83 points last year and went to the GF. You lost a home Final to a team who finished 8th.[/quote]

...what does a Showdown or a Port v West Coast game have to do with Adelaide, Richmond and South Sydney all buying this psychological torture camp? :\

It’s whetehr it’s had a positive effect on the team or not.

so far it seems like it hasn't? that's what we're trying to address here, and how it seems this program doesn't just automatically work for any club, as we've gone over

The only thing that really annoys me about this is that somebody at the club is talking to the media. If you've got an issue, take it up with club officials. Don't involve the parasites in the media, especially when you know they are just looking for any excuse to pile on the Crows.

Frankly, I would sack any player or coach who talks to the media without the club's approval.

Maybe their grievances fell on deaf ears?

you said "Richmond and Adelaide leading the way"? it worked for them, not for you...

winning premierships

We beat you by 83 points last year and went to the GF. You lost a home Final to a team who finished 8th.

...what does a Showdown or a Port v West Coast game have to do with Adelaide, Richmond and South Sydney all buying this psychological torture camp? :\

so far it seems like it hasn't? that's what we're trying to address here, and how it seems this program doesn't just automatically work for any club, as we've gone over[/QUOTE]

So making the GF last year wasn’t a positive? Hmmmm

I know this is just an excuse for the usual types to kick the Crows and they aren’t actually interested in the issue but currently Matt and Brad Crouch are on 5AA talking about it and both are saying that they really enjoyed it and believe it’ll have a positive effect on the players going forward.

I’ll let the trolls continue to pull each other off over this BS story that was designed to get attention. Not remotely surprised that it’s Port and Richmond supporters doing all the trolling .....must just be a coincidence.

My sources tell me that someone in head office accidentally abbreviated Safety Dance to "Stance", and if they had to run with it. If they had stuck to the full version they would be selling premiership merch and backtoback t-shirts.

It's a song, and a band, that time has certainly been kind to.

Hey hey. Quebec’s second greatest export.

Adelaide CEO;

I think the first part of this is a valid comment. There have been many instances of us needing resilience.

On the last I think the rationale for it is fine. Maybe it wasnt explained properly or maybe it was and some players took exception to it. This leads down so many rabbit holes you are chasing your own tail trying to find something that fits everybody. Unfortunately life doesnt wait until you are ok with it. Life gives people cancer , life means people dont turn up for work when you expect them to. Maybe thats what the whole exercise was about. Dealing with those moments when life doesnt conform to your ideal

9 of the last 15 posts made by Roovolution including 4 in a row.

View attachment 475479

tireless.jpg

6e373b1e-aa75-40cf-b733-bb33cf9163be.png

If you cave in on grand final day after beating richmond easily in the regular season, it suggests some kind of mental fragility. I'm glad the club are trying to weed these types out, otherwise you end up in the same situation or recruiting Jack Watts.
Or it could suggest that Richmond played better on the day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back