Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

For the next four years every time Manure goes on a show he should be introduced "and now we welcome Award Losing journalist Sam Manure"

The camp was no doubt crappy (as many pres season camps are) but how it was reported and blown out of all proportion was unbelievable.

McClure / Caro / The Age have issued an apology and a retraction for what they said about the Leading Teams folks.

There was no ruling regarding their reporting of AFC’s role in all of it.

But I guess the error of judgement in the reporting was the way they went after Leading Teams. They should have just stuck to clubland - it added nothing to the story to drag civilians into it.

I'm a bit surprised at the response here.

I know journalists aren't held in high regard, but there's no bigger frauds out there than than executive coaches and leadership gurus.

Yep. Considering how many articles was written about this, to only “win” against 13 isn’t a big win

Yep. Considering how many articles was written about this, to only “win” against 13 isn’t a big win

I agree to a point but in the end given the amount of articles and reports there are on any topic in the media we don't see an apology in any form very often. Any form of apology or retraction from the media is a fairly big deal.

I don't think the McLure made anything up but was obviously led astray by some of his sources and given some wrong information.

I heard a clearly furious McClure say that the apology needs to be read very carefully, and that there is no retraction whatsoever.

It would be nice if we could just get the full story for once.

I heard a clearly furious McClure say that the apology needs to be read very carefully, and that there is no retraction whatsoever.

I think it's better for all parties if we just put 6his sorry saga behind us all and move on with our lives.

The stories were pulled. That’s the retraction. The apology is just what one set of lawyers wrote that another set of lawyers ticked off.

And some credit to Reporters.
That would rather give up in a case than give up the names of their sources.

And Collective Minds knew that and knew the whole story wouldn’t be told and argued in court by all the people that attended the camp

Last edited:
The stories were pulled. That’s the retraction. The apology is just what one set of lawyers wrote that another set of lawyers ticked off.
That's not how I read it.

“No one wants to be put in that position, to make a conditional apology for the story that I wrote was one thing that I kind of made peace with, you know, big bad world out there, it’s a commercial decision.
<snip>

Sportsday co-host Gerard Healy noted he didn’t fully agree with McClure’s reporting of Adelaide’s 2018 pre-season camp, but said he couldn’t understand why the Quill award would be taken away.

“I think the apology, the conditional apology without liability, was an apology, I think, directed towards the reputation of Woulfe and Leddie and it didn’t seem to me to dispute the facts,” Healy said.

“So I’m not sure why you would lose a Quill award if the facts haven’t been disputed.”

McClure responded: “Yeah.”
“I’m sort of speechless at it, to be honest.

<snip>

McClure also added he expects more to come out about Adelaide’s camp in due time.

“No one wants to be put in that position, to make a conditional apology for the story that I wrote was one thing that I kind of made peace with, you know, big bad world out there, it’s a commercial decision.
<snip>

Sportsday co-host Gerard Healy noted he didn’t fully agree with McClure’s reporting of Adelaide’s 2018 pre-season camp, but said he couldn’t understand why the Quill award would be taken away.

“I think the apology, the conditional apology without liability, was an apology, I think, directed towards the reputation of Woulfe and Leddie and it didn’t seem to me to dispute the facts,” Healy said.

“So I’m not sure why you would lose a Quill award if the facts haven’t been disputed.”

<snip>

McClure also added he expects more to come out about Adelaide’s camp in due time.
That's because you are reading Sam's spin on things. The articles were retracted. That can't be unspun.

That's because you are reading Sam's spin on things. The articles were retracted. That can't be unspun.

The fact is that there was no disputing of the facts - The apology was based on the tone of the articles which is where fact based columns morph into opinion based columns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The apology was very specific.

The apology was for stating the intent of the camp was bad.

They didn't apologise for any of their details about the content of the camp.

I that had been clearly wrong they would have been forced to apologise about that too.
No

They just removed them from circulation

Apologising would open them up to further action from other parties

No

They just removed them from circulation

Apologising would open them up to further action from other parties
They didn't run the camp. They just reported what they did.

They apologised for saying it was intentional because that was the bit that was legally shown to be wrong.

And yet again half of what you see and less of what you read.
I’m always nonplussed at how eager footy fans are for goss- even though we’ve seen these stories about our own clubs again and again.
Footy journos are New Idea / Currant Affair types. Bottom dwellers. Maybe one in ten can explain tactics or how a game unfolds, and they are considered boring and get pushed off the stage.
And it’s not going to get better, kiddies. As the print media, and to a lesser extent free to air, fades into obscurity expect more and more man bites dog stories

<snip>

<snip>

Yeah what will come out is sam maclure is a gutter jurno who makes up stories and prints them as fact and then once found out cries like a bitch how he has been treated yet didnt give a s**t how many peoples lives and reputations he destroyed with his mis truths fact is sam karma is a bitch and you reap your own rewards ,suck it up princess

Yeah what will come out is sam maclure is a gutter jurno who makes up stories and prints them as fact and then once found out cries like a b*tch how he has been treated yet didnt give a sh*t how many peoples lives and reputations he destroyed with his mis truths fact is sam karma is a b*tch and you reap your own rewards ,suck it up princess

You OK there mate?

You OK there mate?
Im fine his stories have cost people their jobs and all we are hearing from him is poor pitiful me because he got caught out for it and lost his award cause it was story full of lies and half truths

Yeah what will come out is sam maclure is a gutter jurno who makes up stories and prints them as fact and then once found out cries like a b*tch how he has been treated yet didnt give a sh*t how many peoples lives and reputations he destroyed with his mis truths fact is sam karma is a b*tch and you reap your own rewards ,suck it up princess
Post needs more of these . and these ,

;) ;)

You OK there mate?
You think its funny how his lies have had repercussions to people jobs,well being etc yet he cries like a bitch cause he lost an award the told by the courts to retract all stories AND THEN still says there is more to the story wtf how dumb is this prick wont be surprised if he is now sued for continuing on with this narrative after being told by the court to in no uncertain terms to stfu and retract all stories from public records

Remove this Banner Ad

Back