Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
The irony of the power stance, and you know this is true, had we won the GF, everybody would have been lining up to imitate it.
It was as cringeworthy as anything I've ever seen in my life.

The irony of the power stance, and you know this is true, is if it wasn't complete cod s**t the Crows wouldn't have blamed it on Collective Minds.

freofc1994

All Australian
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Giants, Chelsea
Confirmed that 90% of the reporting on this camp was a crock of s**t and typical media beat up.
The irony of the power stance, and you know this is true, had we won the GF, everybody would have been lining up to imitate it.
We didn't win, so all of a sudden every aspect of our club is screwed apparently.

Despite most of it being made up, Tex is a utensil

Vikingblood

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 4, 2012
Catfish City
AFL Club
Adelaide

The irony of the power stance, and you know this is true, is if it wasn't complete cod s**t the Crows wouldn't have blamed it on Collective Minds.

Can you please show a quote where the club said it was Collective Mind? Bet you can't find one. Another media assumption.
Not one word spoken about the power stance negatively during our first two finals. Why was that?

Vikingblood

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 4, 2012
Catfish City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Despite most of it being made up, Tex is a utensil

I assume you've met him then, or are you just one of those who floats along with BF posters because they must be right?
I don't believe Tex is making inappropriate gestures toward female staff members. If he did, I guess that would make him coaching material at Freo eh?
Your club is a complete basket case, suggest you focus on them.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Can you please show a quote where the club said it was Collective Mind? Bet you can't find one. Another media assumption.
Not a media assumption at all, it's a quote from Collective Minds themselves.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...t-adelaide-crows-pre-season-afl-camp/10167966

I'm sorry you were misled.

As I said... CONFIRMED.
Not one word spoken about the power stance negatively during our first two finals.
Of course they ******* did.

I guess that bias SA media didn't mention it but we were pissing ourselves laughing down here.

Vikingblood

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 4, 2012
Catfish City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not a media assumption at all, it's a quote from Collective Minds themselves.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...t-adelaide-crows-pre-season-afl-camp/10167966

I'm sorry you were misled.

As I said... CONFIRMED.
Of course they ******* did.

I guess that bias SA media didn't mention it but we were pissing ourselves laughing down here.

Nothing in that article that states the club said that it came from CM. You're not very good at this reading comprehension thing are you.

You're also full of s**t on the other count. Both Sen and C7 were speaking positively about the tactic during the finals.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nothing in that article that states the club said that it came from CM. You're not very good at this reading comprehension thing are you.

You're also full of s**t on the other count. Both Sen and C7 were speaking positively about the tactic during the finals.

Mate I don’t care either way but they were being mocked pretty heavily during the finals. In Victoria anyway.

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely all the journalists reporting what a train wreck the camp was can’t be wrong, whatever was done it doesn’t seem like it was well received by the playing group.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Nearly as cringeworthy as sending out Finals emails

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
"The fact is, they stood there and said publicly 'we're OK with this' ... and they did that for an entire half of a season."

He confirmed while Australian Defence Force personnel and qualified counsellors had been involved in the program, there was no registered psychologist on site...

"This was not about the body whatsoever; it was about the heart and it was about the mind.

He also conceded some players found the camp "unusual" and were uncomfortable with participating in group discussions.

Absolutely shambolic statements from CM director Amon Woulfe today; really covering his company in glory here.

An 'entire half of a season' :Do_O Is this a joke?

Imagine being a 'professional' company, putting other professionals under extreme mental duress, testing etc. and not having a psychologist involved. That's like sporting clubs not having a physio.

Surely a big review coming up at Adelaide. Will be interesting to see what is the full fallout after all is said and done (trade week).

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Surely a big review coming up at Adelaide. Will be interesting to see what is the full fallout after all is said and done (trade week).
Yeah....nah. Adelaide is a boys club with little to no accountability. They will shrug this year off as a bit of bad luck and make all the same mistakes next year.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
This should be good. I'm certain Adelaide would have contacted them once this media announcement was confirmed to try spin the truth. Would the Crows pay them off to withhold the truth

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can near guarantee that we would. It's much the same board that accepted double penalties to not be implicated in the Tippett s**t show. Plus Fagan is full of s**t and cares only of his profile and future job opportunities.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely shambolic statements from CM director Amon Woulfe today; really covering his company in glory here.

An 'entire half of a season' :Do_O Is this a joke?

Imagine being a 'professional' company, putting other professionals under extreme mental duress, testing etc. and not having a psychologist involved. That's like sporting clubs not having a physio.

Big review? Not a freaking chance at the AFC. We just suffered some bad luck and we're certain that we've got the best people in the right roles all doing fabulous work.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
The main problem with the power stance was it was predictable, Richmond knew to ignore it

Or laugh at how stupid it was. I don’t think at any point was any player was intimidated by it.

I’ll give you it may have worked by confusing and distracting GWS players, ‘what the s**t are those guys doing’

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not one word spoken about the power stance negatively during our first two finals. Why was that?
We looked at you like morons.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
15353768682654342327110083856697001.png

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
On a serious note, I don't think the people in charge , thought enough about what the players had already been through such as mainly the murder of their coach Phil Walsh and also an upset grand final loss when favourite. To think they all needed more 'resilience' training is pretty ridiculous.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The main problem with the power stance was it was stupid, Richmond laughed at it

Bullsgit it worked just fine in the first half.
We just needed time to recharge the Powerstance(tm) and let it rip again prior to the first bounce of the third quarter.
IF Lever wasn't Bashing Tex and Charlie wasn't going off his head at Eddie's wife during the half time break we would have had that recharge time and Dusty would have been lining up for the Roos this season.

Back