Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not my idea of a worthwile camp, but from what was written and the carry on from it you would think they killed their first born.

Soft as butter, shows you how pampered the modern day player is

If you think bringing up childhood trauma, dead relatives and racist bullshit without warning is a way to build resilience I hope you don't have children

haha i love an adelaide crows pile on just as much as the next guy, but fu** me, this just shows how soft this generation is:

• They took our phones off us for 4 days (players with pregnant partners could contact them once or twice a day)
  • We said mean things to each other
  • They played heavy metal on the bus
  • They might have driven us to NSW
Seriously? Hawks doing Kokoda would have been far more troubling

Pack of soft utensils seriously

How would you feel if your son or daughter was forced to attend something like this by their employer?

How the fu** does Mark Ricciuto still have a job in the AFL?

because he paid his mates at fox footy truckloads of easy cash to point the finger at burton, and tell the members that roo and his mates didn’t do anything wrong and the crows fans ate it up, like they always do.

now they’re like, how did this happen lol.

I haven’t read the article yet, seems to have shocked/disgusted a lot of people.

The usage of sensitive info that the players told the club and the lack of cultural sensitivity are the two for mine that are big no nos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what is the worst of it?

haha, even Bryce Gibbs said he said seen worse at Carlton. Can't have been that bad
To be fair, Carlton’s last 20 seasons have been like these camps....loathing, shaming, humiliation, and frustrating physical pursuits. Not surprised it rolled off Gibbs’ back like water off a duck. It must have seemed like a pleasure camp in comparison.

That's ******* disgusting. I felt sick reading that
Especially with what these players went through with the Tragedy of 2015 .

2 and half years on the roller coaster , dedicating their all ... trying to win a flag to honor Phil Walsh .

To then have to crawl towards a knife to free ones self of their greatest fears is pure f..king madness . A knife FFS .

Physically and Emotionally drained the correct course and plainly the right thing to do by the group would have been to have an extra week or 2 off to flush out all of the disappointment and freshen the body and mind . They were clearly exhausted and beyond shattered after being in fight mode for 2 and a half years .

What these ass clowns did was pile on additional humiliating , psychological trauma even using players private personal information spoken in confidence with staff . Passed on without consideration , it became ammunition and it hurt many .

This is a huge breach of trust within any professional environment and truly unfathomable is the belief that this type of action could possibly have a positive affect on anyone . I have a fair idea who the chattering bird brain culprit would have been .

Unbelievable situation and for that i do not mind the Media flushing this out because the clubs actions afterwards were almost as bad as the collective dickstains behavior during .

Last edited:
Especially with what these players went through the Tragedy of 2015 .

2 and half years on the roller coaster , dedicating there all ... trying to win a flag to honor Phil Walsh .

To then have to crawl towards a knife to free ones self of their greatest fears is pure f..king madness . A knife FFS .

Physically and Emotionally drained the correct course and plainly the right thing to do by the group would have been to have an extra week or 2 off to flush out all of the disappointment and freshen the body and mind . They were clearly exhausted and beyond shattered after being in fight mode for 2 and a half years .

What these ass clowns did was pile on additional humiliating , psychological trauma even using players private personal information spoken in confidence with staff . Passed on without consideration , it became ammunition and it hurt many .

This is a huge breach of trust within any professional environment and truly unfathomable is the belief that this type of action could possibly have a positive affect on anyone . I have a fair idea who the chattering bird brain culprit would have been .

Unbelievable situation and for that i do not mind the Media flushing this out because the clubs actions afterwards were almost as bad as the collective dickstains behavior during .

Exactly and well said. If ever there was a group of blokes that had shown mental toughness it was that group after going through what they did. To then try and break them mentally like that is a disgrace and whoever at that club who was around and had knowledge of it and hasn’t been given the arse...should be

I haven’t read the article yet, seems to have shocked/disgusted a lot of people. Is it that bad?

It's absolutely reprehensible. The part that gets me the most, is that they used their deepest traumas against them - things that some hadn't even told their partners.

For mine, the entire Adelaide board and management should've been thrown out, as they breached their duty of care, and genuinely subjected them to mental torture...all for a damn game.

The fact that Ricciuto still remains, alongside other questionable characters, shows that AFC learnt nothing from this experience, and genuinely doesn't care about the trauma they subjected their players to. The fact those who were around during the camp, have either left or play one quarter of footy at best a game, shows there is absolutely no faith or trust in their club or management moving forward. It's probably why so many senior players have dropped off - Laird, M Crouch, B. Crouch, Seedsman, T Lynch etc. - or just given up and left the club.

Whether it be directly related to that incident, or the culture fallout that followed, that camp will forever be a stain on the AFC.

In any other line of work, human resources, lawyers for the affected and the ombudsman would've crucified both the club and Collective Mind, and they would've been disbanded due to loss of revenue and sponsorship/investors. I can't see how they'll ever move past this until every single person involved is out of the picture - Chapman and Ricciuto especially.

Last edited:
It's absolutely reprehensible. The part that gets me the most, is that they used their deepest traumas against them - things that some hadn't even told their partners.

For mine, the entire Adelaide board and management should've been thrown out, as they breached their duty of care, and genuinely subjected them to mental torture...all for a damn game.

The fact that Ricciuto still remains, alongside other questionable characters, shows that AFC learnt nothing from this experience, and genuinely doesn't care about the trauma they subjected their players to. The fact those who were around during the camp, have either left or play one quarter of footy at best a game, shows there is absolutely no faith or trust in their club or management moving forward. It's probably why so many senior players have dropped off - Laird, M Crouch, B. Crouch, Seedsman, T Lynch etc. - or just given up and left the club.

Whether it be directly related to that incident, or the culture fallout that followed, that camp will forever be a stain on the AFC.

In any other line of work, human resources, lawyers for the affected and the ombudsman would've crucified both the club and Collective Mind, and they would've been disbanded due to loss of revenue and sponsorship/investors. I can't see how they'll ever move past this until every single person involved is out of the picture - Chapman and Ricciuto especially.
Sounds pretty heavy

Nicely worded , especially the opening .

Utterly disgraceful, obviously, and yeah, anyone at all associated with decision to send the players on that camp, or who defended it, should be out on their arse.
The culture at that club will not heal until this happens.
Wtf ever happened to just taking your lumps at losing a GF, doing a pre-season, an intense one if need be, and playing through the next season to get back and have another crack? I reckon most would gain that mental toughness through more experience anyway. Those who don't, well it's sad but they get dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back