Universal Love Adelaide Crows Folklore

Remove this Banner Ad

This the most important game anyone has ever played for this club, individually. Its his ninth afl game, life wasn't working out to well, down in the city. Only got a game because of injury to some port flog.

Can't remember the year but it was a showdown win after having no bench due to injuries. Even one of our 18 players on the field in Luke Jericho played the second half with a fractured sternum. I remember Jon Griffin landing badly on his back but continued to play on in the game with back pain. One of the gutsiest wins ever by the club!

Can't remember the year but it was a showdown win after having no bench due to injuries. Even one of our 18 players on the field in Luke Jericho played the second half with a fractured sternum. I remember Jon Griffin landing badly on his back but continued to play on in the game with back pain. One of the gutsiest wins ever by the club!

The scientist disproved all the science about the team with the most rotations being advantaged when we won that one. One of the club's greatest wins.

And we haven't stopped paying for it since.

I left when we were 9 points down. Seems so stupid looking back as I only had to walk to my dad's place which was down the road. But we were 9 points down, there were only a couple of minutes left. We had no chance of winning. Think we got 4 consecutive frees to win us the game ha ha.

That, then we led West Coast at half time of the Prelim and Biglands did his knee. FFS, some things just are not meant to be.

I always thought maybe it was footy karma for snatching the flags we did and then calling the Power chokers in the early 2000's.
Footy Karma... That or the face that Van Berlo, the fittest players going around and possibly in the comp couldn't keep up with Cousins in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Ormond-Allen in the ruck against the Saints out a Waverley was another master-stroke (can't recall the year...think it was Blight again). From memory we won 15.9 to 9.12 or similar....

I did a preseason at North Adelaide under Hart, don't like him much. I ended up helping out a mate with a bloody night milk run, so was doing 2 full time jobs through the Xmas break. Came back having done no fitness work, saw the writing on the wall tried to pull the pin and secure my invite back again next year. He told me to keep plugging away and then cut me due to not completing a fitness run in the required time 2 weeks before the trial games. I told him my fitness had deteriorated and I wouldn't be able to catch up. Anyway, that was over 20 years ago and I'm well over it now. Water under the bridge. Barely gave it another thought. Anyone know what type of car he's driving these days.
Whatever kind of car it is, it's always parked at the TAB.

Trent Ormond-Allen in the ruck against the Saints out a Waverley was another master-stroke (can't recall the year...think it was Blight again). From memory we won 15.9 to 9.12 or similar....
Was under Blight.

Ormond-Allen quite often attends games and drinks in the Ridings bar. His mates love giving him stick over that moment.

Burton's mark of the year that was so high it was almost out of camera shot. He jumped on Tippett's shoulders and went up from there.
Edwards' 300th when he dragged us over the line.
Bassett.
Round 23 2009. Carlton at Etihad. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME (not really I was as far away as can be and still be in the stadium but it was still huge).

Burton's mark of the year that was so high it was almost out of camera shot. He jumped on Tippett's shoulders and went up from there.
Edwards' 300th when he dragged us over the line.
Bassett.

Ha ha. Just "Bassett". Norwood folklore I guess. His dummy spits are certainly part of Crows Folklore.

My memory may be failing me but Modra kicking his 13th against Richmond at AAMI. It wasn't a pretty goal, a grubbed in goal square?, but the place went mad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back