Adelaide Crows New Logo Poll

Remove this Banner Ad

kaij10

Senior List
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide will launch a new logo going into the 2010 season. This seems to be the main subject of debate rather than if the Crows will make it to the 2009 Prelim at the moment. Yes there is a thread regarding the new logo however can we figure out how many of us on BigFooty like or dislike the new logo.

They said they are aiming at the youth, well I have a young boy and he hates it too.

I think i'm more annoyed that the club didn't get the public to send in ideas first, in the other thread someones already made a fantastic logo(the front on logo with the A in the talons) that everyone seems to like yet it will never be....
I like the idea of a new logo but it feels like not much thought was put in to the fact that the supporters are the ones who have to like it to spend money on buying all the merch! so we could have been involved somehow.

Despite what the article on afc.com.au says, I'm not at all convinced they did their market research on this one. I don't find it at all appealing.
Very disappointing.
Pretty clear that the response on bigfooty is overwhelmingly negative, but it will be interesting to see the results of the adelaidenow poll, and what steps the club takes from there.
As another poster said, it will be a shame if they ignore the response. Of course it will grow on people (as the club said in the article), or, at least, they'll stop complaining after a while. The fact that they've felt the need to suggest as much in their first press release about the logo, however, seems to suggest they even they aren't confident about it. "It will grow on you" isn't exactly a huge goal to market by - especially when first impressions are vital.

Scrap it. You can do better, AFC.

Actually think it looks great.
Pretty sure any negative reaction will dissipate over time, there seems to be a bit of a group mentality on here and everyone follows an opinion for a while and then just as suddenly swing around. Six weeks ago people wanted to take Jimmy Sellar out the back and put him out of his misery and suddenly there all fans from way back. This week it seems like it's Richie Douglas and obviously the new logo, next week my prediction is Symes or Bird, we will see.

there seems to be a bit of a group mentality on here and everyone follows an opinion for a while and then just as suddenly swing around.

Agreed. Very surprised at these responses, I think it looks great. And I aint saying that coz you did! Ha ha

Nah. Hated it the moment I saw it. And my wife, who hadn't heard any one elses opinions hated it when she saw it in the paper. Said it looks crap and American. It's just no good. Nothing to do with group mentality. I'm happy to go against the grain and I don't care what other people think, but in this case the majority is definitely right.

I think i'm more annoyed that the club didn't get the public to send in ideas first, in the other thread someones already made a fantastic logo(the front on logo with the A in the talons) that everyone seems to like yet it will never be....

Just to clarify I got that logo off the net a few years ago, it may have even been posted here. It was for the Austin Crows who I think are a USA Aussie rules footy team, try googling them now and their logo is shocker.

I voted undecided. I think it depends how it is used. IF it is the kiddy stuff I dont think I will mind. IF it is on my 2010 Members Shirt I may not like it. I like the idea of a white away jumper based on it, but depends on how it looks. I would prefer a yellow "heritage type" jumper though. Our current Crow Away jumper is a bit of a mess IMO. Might be sitting on the fence with this one and see how it goes.
It is ok, but not as good as the other similar logos Geelong, Hawthorn and North have.

I like the fact the old shield logo is being used again as I like the old shield jumpers.

That other logo was certainly better than the new one. It really was quite striking. The designer should make a banner with it to take to games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows CEO Steven Trigg said
“We wanted a new logo – one that is more marketable, more appealing, more youthful. Our team is known as being fiercely competitive. The crow on the logo has a fierce look and it reflects our values.”

:confused::confused::confused:

Terrible logo, does a huge disservice to your club IMO.

Said it looks crap and American.

True :cool:
Can see where they got their inspiration.

Baltimore_Ravens.jpg

i don't see the need to change, altho' I understand wanting to appeal to a new market and if done right it could be great, great is not what they achieved. I'm more disappointed in the rubbish colour of it more than anything.

Don't mind the logo, but not yet comfortable with the 50's cartoon like text. Like the branding of Adelaide in preference to Crows. Am a big fan of the positioning of the Adelaide Football Club and its connotations in preference to the more whimsical Crows branding. This has been slowly happening since 2005, Craigy never refers to the Crows or team, but always speaks of The Club and The Adelaide Football Club. Sound move I think.

Agree, the text is probably more horrible then the raven. Looks like it's a game on Nintendo DS for god sake.

I don’t see a problem with it something new and fresh...

I think everyone feels it looks like a raven because of the curved beak. Trust me it looks much better with a shaped beak. A traditional straight beak would look a little unusual.

crow.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back