Autopsy Adelaide Crows round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought we would win, but to lose after taking a substantial lead is a waste of an opportunity.

Sadly once again when the heat went on we went to water, it's a common theme for this group, ive said it previously and i'll say it again we will not win a premiership with this group of players, the way the Crows waltzed around us in the last quarter was piss poor, and anyone who makes an excuse for that is kidding them selves.

We have zero leadership in this team that is prepared to stand up like we would have got from say Beau Waters, Woosha, Glassy etc back in the day. No one wants to put on a hard hit-set the tone, back back into pack without fear.

Our missing players are most certainly hurting us in many ways, and not too many teams would be able to cover similar losses at their teams missing three key components of your forward structure and two of your key backs. the next two games are going to be very tough.

Mcinnes has had played 13 games in 4 years, total waste of space on the list, why persist with him, if after 4 years you cannot get regular games, you ain't going to make it, more so last year when we had no ruck man available they chased others in place of him ie: an injury prone Vardy and a veteran- Pertie. No point playing him anymore, give the kids a go. They can't do any worse than him.

Nic is not right, the fact he is not jumping in the centre shows that, but even more of a worry is he is barely following up after he takes the ruck knock, this is his biggest strength and he is not doing it. He sets the tone for the whole team, and without him doing this the rest of the team is struggling, which is also a blight on them.

We are dead set lucky we have such a good defense that keep us in games for so long, without them games would be over a lot earlier.

Maybe we are seeing why no one chased Liam Ryan, he likes to do the flashy stuff, but does not work hard enough, i'm willing to give him some time to get back to AFL fitness after a lengthy break, just hope the lack of 2nd efforts are a rarity rather than the norm for him.

Gaff is a star and is our best midfielder by a long shot, he should be our first priority signing, the amount of hard running he does is incredible.

The playing group isn't the issue mostly.
Yes it would be nice to have another top midfielder but we've shown we can beat anyone anywhere when the game is on our terms.

The reason the team goes to water is because the coach goes to water and is soft as butter.

Half the team has been turned over since Simpson got here and it's still happening.

Apart from having our fullback and half of our forward line unavailable, I think that since the Sydney game
where our 2 ruckmen have had little influence has hurt us in the midfield the most.

Redden has regressed, Sheed to the point where he's been dropped and Shuey was ok yesterday following
2 quiet ones.

Unless we get back to having some ascendency in the ruck, I reckon we'll struggle.

Apart from having our fullback and half of our forward line unavailable, I think that since the Sydney game
where our 2 ruckmen have had little influence has hurt us in the midfield the most.

Redden has regressed, Sheed to the point where he's been dropped and Shuey was ok yesterday following
2 quiet ones.

Unless we get back to having some ascendency in the ruck, I reckon we'll struggle.

Was thinking about that. Why has our ruck dominance faded?

Are we playing them on the ground forward more to cover JK and JD outs and so they don't have the petrol in the tank to run out games rucking?

Because our forward line is unbalanced are we not locking the ball inside 50 as much and losing our structures?

Feel this has something to do with it.

2 quiet ones.

I thought we won the ruck agains Essendon - without massive impact.
Nic almost got us back into the game against Sydney on his own.

Certainly looks to be under physical duress at the memento. Not like he is getting over a knee reco

Was thinking about that. Why has our ruck dominance faded?

Are we playing them on the ground forward more to cover JK and JD outs and so they don't have the petrol in the tank to run out games rucking?

Because our forward line is unbalanced are we not locking the ball inside 50 as much and losing our structures?

Feel this has something to do with it.
Well Lycett has spent a lot of time in the forward line as has Nic which is hard work. No surprises that Jacobs a standalone ruckman with Sloane, Gibbs and Crouch looked awesome when they were on a roll in the last quarter.

Well Lycett has spent a lot of time in the forward line as has Nic which is hard work. No surprises that Jacobs a standalone ruckman with Sloane, Gibbs and Crouch looked awesome when they were on a roll in the last quarter.
I was staggered we were in with a chance - hard wok by all players and we ran out of gas

Yes it would be nice to have another top midfielder but we've shown we can beat anyone anywhere when the game is on our terms.

The reason the team goes to water is because the coach goes to water and is soft as butter.

Half the team has been turned over since Simpson got here and it's still happening.
you need to address this obsession you have with the coach, possibly try to set up a meeting with him
and tell him what you think, advise him what to do...

you need to address this obsession you have with the coach, possibly try to set up a meeting with him
and tell him what you think, advise him what to do...

You need to address the lack of obsession with our team winning.
If we are t careful we can miss our window. Kennedy and Natanui getting older as is Shuey. Gaff might be going be along with mcgovern.
Window closed.

You people think we'll be up all the time and have no clue about taking our chances.

Sack Simpson and get a coach who has a clue whole we have a chance in our current window

Sack Simpson and get a coach who has a clue whole we have a chance in our current window

Except that winning a GF is difficult and many good coaches don't take teams to GF's immediately and there is a lot to be said with sticking with a coach through some bad times (if you consider third on the ladder as a bad time). Look at Geelong and Richmond as some recent(ish) examples where people screamed for the coaches head before they took their teams to winning GF's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of Reddens disposal was cringe worthy. He had time on a few occasions and blew it.

Ruined what was looking to be a good game by him.
Fumbled everything as well IIRC

You must really rate our list given Simmo’s winning percentage is higher than just about any other coach in the AFL. Just out of curiosity, who do you actually rate as a coach/think would do a better job?

You don’t really seem capable of viewing this topic with any perspective but you only need look at Geelong and Melbourne this weekend to see examples of good teams being unable to curb the opposition’s momentum. Simmo isn’t perfect but sometimes it just comes down to players lacking application and intensity rather than poor tactics

The bizarre thing is that with the upsets this round, this loss doesn't matter as much as I thought it might. Still at #3 and looking at top a top 4 finish, over the next two weeks we get practically our entire forward line back + probably Venables. These losses are good for the team, builds strength and character especially for the 6+ rookies we've blooded over the journey, hopefully keeps everyone humble

Can we all agree that McInnes is done at AFL? He is out of chances now. He waddled around for a few hours without any impact. I don't care if Rioli, Ryan and McGovern all go down with injury - McInnes is done.

I dont have anything to say other than that last quarter was nothing short of abysmal 21 insides to 4 ? How can you expect to win any games of footy after that? What went wrong ? We were up by 28 points and stopped. NOthing else

2 quiet ones.

this...and was compounded by taking our best performed mid for year and playing him at full back yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back