Autopsy Adelaide Crows round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate, that's just ridiculous.
He got suspended in round 7 on what many would think was a harsh call.
And how would that affect Lycett anyway?

He's either injured or out of form.
I just think there’s been a noticeable drop in the aggression of both ruckmen’s tackling, and I’m putting it down to an unconscious fear of being suspended again.

I agree he also doesn’t look 100% fit.

We have fully reverted back to the patented round the body blind bomb out of congestion that i thought we were leaving behind. All our mids are doing it, and i have to ask 'why'?
Too worried about being done HTB because they don’t have the evasion or explosiveness and because no one seems to spread properly from the stoppage to provide a handball option.

I just think there’s been a noticeable drop in the aggression of both ruckmen’s tackling, and I’m putting it down to an unconscious fear of being suspended again.

I agree he also doesn’t look 100% fit.

Using a fear of getting suspended is a cop out.

I'd suggest their main issue is actually getting hold of the nut, not tackling.

You need to address the lack of obsession with our team winning.
If we are t careful we can miss our window. Kennedy and Natanui getting older as is Shuey. Gaff might be going be along with mcgovern.
Window closed.

You people think we'll be up all the time and have no clue about taking our chances.

Sack Simpson and a coach who has a clue whole we have a chance in our current window
"You people"...? love it.
Anger management anyone? emotionally invested to the hilt? pinned all your hopes and dreams on
a football team? do you need it to fill a hole in your life? Call FootyBusters Now!

You come across like you're the only person on this whole board, possibly the whole footy world, who knows everything about everything and can solve all Eagles problems.
It's like a stuck record...sack the coach, sack the coach! We get it. We got it.

I really thought we had a great shot of continuing after the bye, coming back refreshed and taking it to another level...then the wheels came off...now I've re-calibrated my expectations and adjusted to the possibility of falling out of the top 6, losing a few games, getting back on the horse and notching up enough wins to still play finals and whatever happens from there.
We might still wash up in the top 4...or it just might all go downhill?
But there's no point shitting the bed...then you just have to do all that washing!?

The upside - a couple of big quick midfielders at Draft and we'll be a hot team next season? ;)
That's footy...and theres' always the next game...or next season.
Or run around like chicken little yelling 'sack the coach, sack the coach.."

Meanwhile have we just lost another forward in Ryan re traffic accident...? so it goes.
(am actually still positive)(our structures are all out, our depth is being tested, maybe carrying injuries
on field)(Barrass, Darling, JK, Lecras back should make a difference...no?)

Last edited:
"You people"...? love it.
Anger management anyone? emotionally invested to the hilt? pinned all your hopes and dreams on
a football team? do you need it to fill a hole in your life? Call FootyBusters Now!

You come across like you're the only person on this whole board, possibly the whole footy world, who knows everything about everything and can solve all Eagles problems.
It's like a stuck record...sack the coach, sack the coach! We get it. We got it.

I really thought we had a great shot of continuing after the bye, coming back refreshed and taking it to another level...then the wheels came off...now I've re-calibrated my expectations and adjusted to the possibility of falling out of the top 6, losing a few games, getting back on the horse and notching up enough wins to still play finals and whatever happens from there.
We might still wash up in the top 4...or it just might all go downhill?
But there's no point shitting the bed...then you just have to do all that washing!?

The upside - a couple of big quick midfielders at Draft and we'll be a hot team next season? ;)
That's footy...and theres' always the next game...or next season.
Or run around like chicken little yelling 'sack the coach, sack the coach.."

Meanwhile have we just lost another forward in Ryan re traffic accident...? so it goes.
(am actually still positive)(our structures are all out, our depth is being tested, maybe carrying injuries
on field)(Barrass, Darling, JK, Lecras back should make a difference...no?)

TLDR

triggered much lol.

What we kinda lack is that 190cm tall flanker that could play tall at times. While shep and Hurn can do it at times. Both are tad to short for hit. Yeo should have never come into the convo of going back and it it basically lost the game for us. Especially with NN down for majority of the match. Wish Rotham and O. Allen could be the tall flnaker type for us in the future but both seem to be a long way off from AFL footy.

What we kinda lack is that 190cm tall flanker that could play tall at times. While shep and Hurn can do it at times. Both are tad to short for hit. Yeo should have never come into the convo of going back and it it basically lost the game for us. Especially with NN down for majority of the match. Wish Rotham and O. Allen could be the tall flnaker type for us in the future but both seem to be a long way off from AFL footy.
We were 27 points up with Yeo playing back and it took everybody stopping to lose the game. Saying it lost the game for us is false.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back