Game Day Adelaide Crows versus the GWS GIANTS

Remove this Banner Ad

Was surprised by the age breakdown of the teams. Generally think GWS as a super young side, but we're not far off them.

View attachment 251572
11 months is a fair bit, and the game played is deceptive for comparing ages because for a couple years GWS were pretty much fielding an under 21 side with players getting many more games than they would in any other team

Small travelling support base and limited SA based membership I'd say. Also not really a drawing team like Pie/Dons/Geelong.
To me this says the AFC and SMA can bank on 44,000-45,000 AFC fans when having a good year. The Riverbank stand had empty pockets left and right , up the top corners. I noticed there would have been 8? GWS flags in the opposition bay at the other end of the ground. Yet GWS to me will be the most exciting team to watch from a football purist POV

To me this says the AFC and SMA can bank on 44,000-45,000 AFC fans when having a good year. The Riverbank stand had empty pockets left and right , up the top corners. I noticed there would have been 8? GWS flags in the opposition bay at the other end of the ground. Yet GWS to me will be the most exciting team to watch from a football purist POV
Their supporter base have not grasped the AFL carrot. It's all abut the A league. If they could harness that level of support the Giants would be a significant force in the AFL.

Very surprised Jacobs not mentioned in the best players. I thought his ruck work was exceptional.
Seemed to be mixing up his taps a bit.

Hitting in different directions and also jumping at the ball rather than 3 weeks early. Well done, Doc! Must have done a ruck work session at training this week. Was long overdue.

Seemed to be mixing up his taps a bit.

Hitting in different directions and also jumping at the ball rather than 3 weeks early. Well done, Doc! Must have done a ruck work session at training this week. Was long overdue.
He had a few really clever and deft flicks over his head to Thommo and Sloane, was really mixing it up and I imagine his work was a huge part of the reason the mids performed so well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can all agree that Charlie Cameron looks good in the number 23.

Definitely needs more time in the middle. He can get a bit lost up forward sometimes, especially when we're not getting it in there too often, as has been the case for a lot of this year. But he really adds some spark and pace around the ball. Brings a different look to a midfield that otherwise has a few too many similar types.

Definitely needs more time in the middle. He can get a bit lost up forward sometimes, especially when we're not getting it in there too often, as has been the case for a lot of this year. But he really adds some spark and pace around the ball. Brings a different look to a midfield that otherwise has a few too many similar types.
Yep - the midfield is where he has to be

Good thing we dropped Tex like some posters were advocating

I thought he needed a rest. I was wrong. I like that I was wrong. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back