Game Day Adelaide Crows vs Ice Bath Police (North Division) at Adelaide Oval

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd go so far as to suggest he should be the runner up. Daicos will win the rising star but Soligo is an outright gun. Gibcus will be around the mark as well. Soligo at 36 is the steal of the draft so far but the crows could get Taylor and he could be even better. Heard the Crows couldn't believe Taylor was available.
I think Geelongs DeKoning probably gets runner up.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd go so far as to suggest he should be the runner up. Daicos will win the rising star but Soligo is an outright gun. Gibcus will be around the mark as well. Soligo at 36 is the steal of the draft so far but the crows could get Taylor and he could be even better. Heard the Crows couldn't believe Taylor was available.
Very bullish on Taylor, definitely potentially 2 A grade midfielders. Not quite elite like Martin, Petracca, Bont, Fyfe and Dangerfield in their prime but could reach the high of Neale who is A+.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
3rd highest for us but I still doubt he gets the nom.
EDIT:and 6th on the ground overall.
So a player who will finish top 3 in the R/S won't get a nomination.....

1660374382471.png

mtbkym

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
South
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea, Canucks, Cubbies
That’s not the rule, when a mark is taken there the closest you can go is the top of the goal square, you can’t go over. People need to bloody learn the rules.
Not paid in the last against the rules? How often do you hear “back to the nine”? Might technically be the rule, but its never paid without warning

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Not paid in the last against the rules? How often do you hear “back to the nine”? Might technically be the rule, but its never paid without warning

Once again, in the last the player was inside the goal square already when the mark was taken, that’s fine, just like in general play you will be given a chance to retreat to the top of the goal square. Fog was 3m outside the goal square when the North Player took the mark, the closest he’s allowed is the top of the square, he blatantly went 3m over. It’s not hard to understand the rule.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Ugghhhh, Learn the rule people, in general play if you go over they will let you go back to the mark, when a player takes a mark in the goal square you can’t intrude over the top of the goal square. That’s it, it’s an automatic 50
Except it wasn't in the goal square

Once again, in the last the player was inside the goal square already when the mark was taken, that’s fine, just like in general play you will be given a chance to retreat to the top of the goal square. Fog was 3m outside the goal square when the North Player took the mark, the closest he’s allowed is the top of the square, he blatantly went 3m over. It’s not hard to understand the rule.

The issue is North did exactly the same thing twice and they never paid 50m against them

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
And as a whole our midfield looked better - coincidence?
And we finally set up our mids more on the defensive side so even if we lost the tap LDU ans Simpkin couldn't just waltz straight to goal...

Also helped that Berry stuck to LDU like shyt on a blanket.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Except it wasn't in the goal square

The mark? * me, the top of the goal square line goes across the entire field to the pockets where it intersects with the boundary. You can’t cross that point when a player takes a mark or gets a free kick. That rule has been in place for a couple of years now. You think Tex and Fog would know.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Murph lucky he has a contract for next year.
Huh? 19 touches, goal, a few score assists and a couple of goal assists last week, to then go with 14 touches, 9 score involvements, 1 goal assist a goal today. I think Rankine takes his spot next year, but he’s possibly had the best 2 week patch of his career.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back