Adelaide: Did they blow their golden chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

they really did they took richmond lightly and were punished for it. they still have a good list gibbs adds to the midfield but losing cameron and lever hurts even though i feel lever is over rated. they should finish in the 8 and most likely the top 4 but it is one that got away for the crows

LOL and you speak of me changing the goalposts. Stop drunk posting you moron.
Crows have won 18 of 36 finals - exactly 50%.

Sure we have won less than 50% if you remove our premiership years.

Wow, amazing stuff.

Imagine if you looked at the finals records of all clubs excluding their premiership years. I doubt many would have a better record.

This is my last corresponding with you as your are a pure troll who is obviously still hurting that we beat you in the finals last year...

After considering their trade period, I've come to the realisation Adelaide have been horribly unlucky.

Adelaide needed some harder players, but the best available was Bryce Gibbs. The year before, 2 x 24yo wrecking balls, Prestia + Caddy, were available for a lower price.

Now Gibbs is a very nice player, however Adelaide were soft in the Grand Final and adding another player like Bryce probably wasn't the right "type" of player they needed - however I do understand that he was the best star available, so they had no choice on "type".

This is simply poor luck.

Improvement will need to come from within this year, but they have an old list.

So what do you do?

Your reason as to why the side that comprehensively smashed them in the GF isnt named amongst the bolded 3? no need to answer we know haha

And I thought Port had the biggest inferiority/victim complex in football. Guess I was wrong.

they really did they took richmond lightly and were punished for it. they still have a good list gibbs adds to the midfield but losing cameron and lever hurts even though i feel lever is over rated. they should finish in the 8 and most likely the top 4 but it is one that got away for the crows

Gibbs is a lovely, beautiful player but they really needed to bring in some hardness to address the issues they faced on Grand Final day.

It's not their fault. Beggars can't be choosers during trade week, but unfortunately they've been afflicted with terrible luck and with Lever and Cameron leaving and an old list, their list profile is similar to Fremantle from a couple of years ago, without a Fyfe.

Gibbs won't be enough to compensate for all that.

And I thought Port had the biggest inferiority/victim complex in football. Guess I was wrong.

Nobody has more of a victim complex than the Adelaide Crows supporters and their rants about "corrupt umpires" and being forced to play an "away" Grand Final in Victoria due to the "Vic-biased AFL".

I've never seen so many supporters feel victimised enough to concoct so many excuses for losing a Grand Final.

Crows will be in the mix.
Team looks the goods.
I'd question the coach though, unprepared prematch, a hand warmer during the match.

There’s that small sample size snap judgement that Tiger’s supporters seem to love. Seems to pop up on most threads.

Nobody has more of a victom complex than the Adelaide Crows supporters and their rants about "corrupt umpires" and being victims who were forced to play an "away" Grand Final.

I’ll remind you of that when the umpires screw you over at AO. Make sure Tiger posters don’t breathe a word about the umpiring or you’ll get called out.

Gibbs is a lovely, beautiful player but they really needed to bring in some hardness to address the issues they faced on Grand Final day.

It's not their fault. Beggars can't be choosers during trade week, but unfortunately they've been afflicted with terrible luck and with Lever and Cameron leaving and an old list, their list profile is similar to Fremantle from a couple of years ago, without a Fyfe.

Gibbs won't be enough to compensate for all that.

Hey everyone it’s Terry Wallace!

Yeah righto. Our players rocked up to the GF and decided to take the opposition lightly. Well done.

I’ll remind you of that when the umpires screw you over at AO. Make sure Tiger posters don’t breathe a word about the umpiring or you’ll get called out.

A Grand Final has a neutral ticket allocation, therefore the crowd noise won't affect umpire decision-making.

In a completely one-sided ticket allocation environment, it's scientifically proven that umpiring is subconsciously biased to favour the home crowd.

Now don't you go playing victim and play blind to these differences ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah righto. Our players rocked up to the GF and decided to take the opposition lightly. Well done.
fc1249247492f8221229e3c4e1cc169a

A Grand Final has a neutral ticket allocation, therefore the crowd noise won't affect umpire decision-making.

In a completely one-sided ticket allocation environment, it's scientifically proven that umpiring is subconsciously biased to favour the home crowd.

Now don't you go playing victim and play blind to these differences ;)

Clearly you weren’t at the ground but I was. Unlike you my eyes work just fine.

Your point being? No doubt we were better in the 2nd half of the season, probably more so the final 3rd. We were the best team at the pointy end of the season, when you want to be the best team. Looking at the way we played even during our wins early 2017 to late 2017 is chalk and cheese.
Lets see if you can repeat the effort in 2018. I want a fully fit tigers out fit in September again.

As the competition gets more and more even its very hard for a interstate team to win there is so much against them on the day you will have to perform above and beyond.

Natural tenants of the MCG have a 4 goal advantage right off the bat.
Yep, probably agree with that, and with the comp so even now, it means an interstate team has to be a really good team -probably clearly the best team, and to believe that -to win on the G in September. Crows not instilled with that belief in Melbourne? Tigers thought they were the best team in the last 6 weeks. And so it proved.

Last edited:
After considering their trade period, I've come to the realisation Adelaide have been horribly unlucky.

Adelaide needed some harder players, but the best available was Bryce Gibbs. The year before, 2 x 24yo wrecking balls, Prestia + Caddy, were available for a lower price.

Now Gibbs is a very nice player, however Adelaide were soft in the Grand Final and adding another player like Bryce probably wasn't the right "type" of player they needed - however I do understand that he was the best star available, so they had no choice on "type".

This is simply poor luck.

Improvement will need to come from within this year, but they have an old list.

So what do you do?
They also had numerous chances to draft their state captain and teenage wrecking ball Jack Graham but didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back