Adelaide - How do they get Lukosius or Rankine?

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern > Carlton
Pick 24 & 25 (Carl) > Adelaide
Pick 7, 24, 25 > St. Kilda
Pick 3 (St.k) > Adelaide = Rankine
2019 1st rounder, Pick 14 > Carl
Pick 1 > Adelaide = Lukosius

Adelaide give up: McGovern, Pick 7, 2019 1st rd draft pick, Pick 14
Receive Pick 1 & 3

Carlton give up pick 1, 24, 25
Carlton receive McGovern, Adelaide 2019 1st rd pick, pick 14

St Kilda give up Pick 3
Receive 7, 24, 25
wow that is so bad it's laughable

You can effectively rule out the possibility of St Kilda trading pick 3 (which will inevitably be pick 4 after the Lynch compensation). The Saints have almost zero elite talent on the list, so trading outside of the top ~6 that are absolutely elite is simply not going to happen, especially when most of them are midfielders which is what the club is sorely lacking. One of Walsh/Rankine/Smith will almost certainly be available, which is what St Kilda desperately need. In addition, a future pick would also not interest the club as they need talent in ASAP to begin developing in order to right the ship.

The only way that I can see a trade happening is if Adelaide or Port mount some form of godfather offer during live trading on draft day, but neither of those two clubs would be willing to pay the massive overs required (unless Lukosius is somehow still available).

Well you'll have to trade it out if the Hannebery thing is real, so don't count it out completely

How to get Lukosius and Rankine?
No way I can see we can draft both, maybe none, so...

Wait two years while keep whispering in their ears and trade for them.

Well you'll have to trade it out if the Hannebery thing is real, so don't count it out completely

No, far from it. What kind of club in premiership contention gives up a fit and firing elite midfielder who consistently polls well in the Brownlow? Definitely not Sydney. He is cooked, been on the decline for multiple years, and on big money which is causing cap issues for the swans, especially with Buddy’s contract.

They want to free up salary cap space so they can chase their targets, and it makes sense to jettison an injured star who might only miraculously come good, in order to recruit someone that will definitely make an impact.

Why else do you think that no other Melbourne-based club hasn’t been considered in these discussions? It’s certainly not trade value, since even the most misinformed people (such as yourself) believe that it wouldn’t be a straight swap, so plenty of other sides have the trade currency. And you can bet it isn’t because St Kilda are a destination club at which Hannebery will thrive - no, the club is a rabble at the moment.

The reason why he has only been linked to the Saints is because they’re the only Melbourne team with enough salary cap space to take him on. Some clubs come close in terms of cap space (e.g North) but they’re deep in it with Gaff and Polec so their money is better spent elsewhere.

St Kilda will give up a token pick and a large salary cap burden for a broken star, in order to attempt to fill some holes in the experience and training attitude areas on the cheap.

McGovern to Carlton. Our PP (12?) to the Crows. Wink and a nod we're taking Walsh at 1.

The Crows approach the Suns with 8, 12, 17 (Melb), 24 and a future 1st in hand.

Use some combination of that to prize Pick 2 out of them. Probably still have enough change left over to get another decent pick for Rankine.
I agree on the latter .....but you guys keep referring to PP you don't have & are just a 10% chance of getting

Haven't you been listening to the AFL position on PP's ??

I doubt carlton or gold Coast trade out of the top 2, so probably luko is gone. All hope for adelaide as a club has disappeared.
CARL will trade #1 if they slip to #2 to still get Walsh ......GC will trade #2 given they will have #3 & can get Max King

No way the Suns are giving up pick 2&3 (almost certain elite players)for a suite of later picks from the Crows. ( lucky dip).
The only way of getting 1 of the 2 picks is a godfather deal that was just too good to say no to.

Agreed. If the reports that Adelaide are desperate are true because Luko is just that good then they need to be offering a huge deal. Not “pick 8 and McGovern, throw in another pick but we want something back!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can't get both Lukosius AND Rankin unless they are willing to part ways with a Brad Crouch or similar player.
Agree .....it's one or the other IMO ....I'll suggest it's Lukossius, and try & hope we can pickup Rozzee

I prefer Rankine myself

This, they got to be willing to pay the price to get pick 2 and 3 from Gold Coast. I reckon it can be done if they really determined to work with Gold Coast and listen to what needs Gold Coast have to want to hand over pick 2 and 3. It may mean multiple trades to get in the position to even have what Gold Coast need to trade to Gold Coast to get it done. Crows know McGovern wants out. They need to try to get things from that trade that can help Gold Coast want to hand over pick 2 and 3.
Crows already have pick 7 and 14 to hand over but need more to help Gold Coast. A three way trade involving those picks plus picks they get for McGovern plus a player from another club landing at Gold Coast that Gold Coast want is the main path I reckon.
They can't get both Lukosius AND Rankin unless they are willing to part ways with a Brad Crouch or similar player.

That would be them showing they willing to pay the type of price it may cost.

Agree .....it's one or the other IMO ....I'll suggest it's Lukossius, and try & hope we can pickup Rozzee

I prefer Rankine myself
Adelaide currently hold;

Pick 7
Pick 14
Pick 19
Pick 37
Pick 68

Carlton currently hold;

Pick 1
Pick 24
Pick 25
Pick 65
Pick 73

Do the Crows deal Crouch + McGovern + a combination of picks for pick 1 and bring in another club for another top 6 pick?

Adelaide currently hold;

Pick 7
Pick 14
Pick 19
Pick 37
Pick 68

Carlton currently hold;

Pick 1
Pick 24
Pick 25
Pick 65
Pick 73

Do the Crows deal Crouch + McGovern + a combination of picks for pick 1 and bring in another club for another top 6 pick?
What you're saying is......2 high class players & pick 7 for Lukossius :eek:.....hard enough to justify 2 x 1st round picks for any player ......would you trade Smith, Fantasia & pick 8 for Lukossius ?

What you're saying is......2 high class players & pick 7 for Lukossius :eek:.....hard enough to justify 2 x 1st round picks for any player ......would you trade Smith, Fantasia & pick 8 for Lukossius ?

The way some in the media are reporting Jack Lukosious, absolutely!

Be real mate it's more like parish an Stewart type of trade . Crouch has missed a year of footy

I wouldn't but according to some reports the Crows will go hard.

Also I think it was a combination of Crouch and McGovern and perhaps pick 14 or another pick for 1 and another top 6 pick i.e. both JL and Rankine

I wouldn't but according to some reports the Crows will go hard.

Also I think it was a combination of Crouch and McGovern and perhaps pick 14 or another pick for 1 and another top 6 pick i.e. both JL and Rankine
The club, more often than not is accused of conservationism ......Crouch definitely not on the table, I think we'll "try" and keep pick 7, hoping Rankine drops ......so it might be a "bag" of McGovern, Pick 12, and next years 1st that will be required .......i know you won't agree, and it will involve multiple clubs to get done

That's two first rounders & McGovern ......I'd suggest Gold Coast will want at least one mature player ....and this of course hinges on what the market says McGovern's trade value is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back