Adelaide - How do they get Lukosius or Rankine?

Remove this Banner Ad

So in another words you got no idea how an actual real world trade could be done with Gold Coast so just pissing in the wind with random ideas. Thought as much.
You got lost on the mechanics and i really can't be arsed trying to explain how a possible trade would work if you don't understand when example types are used

Aarow..look carefully at the wording i used..for the sake of the example as polec is valued around pick 11 so a player of polec level - not polec himself..hartigan was also an example, it could be any player around the best 22. The purpose of the post was to offer up 2players that can come in inthe right age bracket and make GC stronger

Okay now I understand where you are coming from.

Personally, I would still take both picks to the draft

IF, you could offer 2 mid 1sts and a player, then I would consider handing over pick 3. But I would still take Lukosius at 2

That means you get Rankine still.

That's why I suggested that you should deal with the Saints, as it would cost you less and Rankine would still be there at 4

McGovern > Carlton
Pick 24 & 25 (Carl) > Adelaide
Pick 7, 24, 25 > St. Kilda
Pick 3 (St.k) > Adelaide = Rankine
2019 1st rounder, Pick 14 > Carl
Pick 1 > Adelaide = Lukosius

Adelaide give up: McGovern, Pick 7, 2019 1st rd draft pick, Pick 14
Receive Pick 1 & 3

Carlton give up pick 1, 24, 25
Carlton receive McGovern, Adelaide 2019 1st rd pick, pick 14

St Kilda give up Pick 3
Receive 7, 24, 25

Last edited:
This, they got to be willing to pay the price to get pick 2 and 3 from Gold Coast. I reckon it can be done if they really determined to work with Gold Coast and listen to what needs Gold Coast have to want to hand over pick 2 and 3. It may mean multiple trades to get in the position to even have what Gold Coast need to trade to Gold Coast to get it done. Crows know McGovern wants out. They need to try to get things from that trade that can help Gold Coast want to hand over pick 2 and 3.
Crows already have pick 7 and 14 to hand over but need more to help Gold Coast. A three way trade involving those picks plus picks they get for McGovern plus a player from another club landing at Gold Coast that Gold Coast want is the main path I reckon.
So say for instance Crows give up their current first 3 picks plus their McGovern pick to Suns for pick 2 (and possibly 3)

Do suns really need more picks.?

So say for instance Crows give up their current first 3 picks plus their McGovern pick to Suns for pick 2 (and possibly 3)

They need an A grade player with that or they not downgrading to later picks. That is what Crows need to pony up if they want to get in the game in serious way of pick 2 and 3. As I suggested already, picks alone are not going to motivate Gold Coast.

They'll need to throw something Gold Coast's way.....If they're smart, it'll be Tex Walker & their first pick @ 9 for pick 3, with a swap of second rounders.
Not a bad idea , TEX will be such a great leader for GC .
Completely left field but might be a good thing for Tex to clear his mind and have a fresh start. Offer him a caravan park business on the Gold Coast there and may entice him...lol.. He is simple man with simple taste. Appeal to them and it might work for all concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex Walker, pick 7, 12, 14 and 19 from Crows.
Gold Coast give pick 2 , 3 and 29 to Crows.

Gold Coast take to draft with 7, 12, 14, 17, 19 & 26
Crows take 2, 3, 29 & 37 to the draft.
Crows get Lukosius and Rankine in the draft and go a full re-set clear of Collective Minds and Tex and make Sloane captain.

McGovern > Carlton
Pick 24 & 25 (Carl) > Adelaide
Pick 7, 24, 25 > St. Kilda
Pick 3 (St.k) > Adelaide = Rankine
2019 1st rounder, Pick 14 > Carl
Pick 1 > Adelaide = Lukosius

Adelaide give up: McGovern, Pick 7, 2019 1st rd draft pick, Pick 14
Receive Pick 1 & 3

Carlton give up pick 1, 24, 25
Carlton receive McGovern, Adelaide 2019 1st rd pick, pick 14

St Kilda give up Pick 3
Receive 7, 24, 25

HAhahaha

Jenkins + Brad Couch + pick 7 to GCS for Pick 2

I was thinking more ....our 2019 1st round + #7 this year, for pick 2......no McGovern involved

I would expect ADEL to bounce somewhat back next year, hence I guesstimated pick 10 as your first rounder for 2019. Who knows, it could be as low as pick 15-16. So that + this years pick 7 for pick 2 ...probably not. Much like Carlton, GC really need players. They have plenty of early picks. I would guess that they will have early picks next year as well. They'll probably end up being eligible for a mid-first round priority pick too. So lets say they have pick 1 or 2 and pick 11-12 next year. Adeleaide's 2019 1st rounder wouldn't be of much use to them. I'm thinking Adelaide will need to give up another good player as well as MM. Someone of say Brodie Smith or Wayne Milera quality. Harbrow will need replacing soon and someone like that in the 22-26 age bracket would be worth parting with pick 2 (Leko)

I would expect ADEL to bounce somewhat back next year, hence I guesstimated pick 10 as your first rounder for 2019. Who knows, it could be as low as pick 15-16. So that + this years pick 7 for pick 2 ...probably not. Much like Carlton, GC really need players. They have plenty of early picks. I would guess that they will have early picks next year as well. They'll probably end up being eligible for a mid-first round priority pick too. So lets say they have pick 1 or 2 and pick 11-12 next year. Adeleaide's 2019 1st rounder wouldn't be of much use to them. I'm thinking Adelaide will need to give up another good player as well as MM. Someone of say Brodie Smith or Wayne Milera quality. Harbrow will need replacing soon and someone like that in the 22-26 age bracket would be worth parting with pick 2 (Leko)
Sound logic ...i agree GC need ready made players .....it's sounding more & more like it needs a multi-club deal ....our first (2019) converted to a player from another club

I still think CEY will be off to somewhere ....but he's a late 2nd at best .....will be separate from #2 discussions ....but he would suit Dews style

That's a good question?.....depends on their Academy situation in 2019 too

Adelaide could possibly get one of them, but both will unlikely. To get a top 5 pick in this draft will cost alot more than any standard draft and teams wont trade those picks unless its an awesome deal. Plus I doubt Port will just sit by and let Adelaide get both SA boys.

No chance jenkins goes he is there best forward.

would the suns be keen on a couch? Gumtree is pretty handy an cheap

Well Pick 2 is a top pick and if they want Lukocious they need to give up a 30 year old forward + insurance to get an 18 year old one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back