Scott Stevens Ankle Test
Brent Reilly Hip Test
Ben Hart Hamstring Test
Simon Goodwin Groin 1 week
Mark Stevens Knee 1 week
Jason Torney Knee 1 week
Josh Krueger Back 2 weeks

==============================================

I reckon Krueger's back must be of major concern. He was due to play with Glenelg against Eagles on the weekend but will miss another 2 weeks. Goody said he should be back for Collingwood game and that looks likely.

That's a good injury list all things considered bar the problems with Kruger. Maybe we are just not rushing him which is fair enough.

Mark Stevens is the big unkown. The great thing about McGregor playing so well at CHF is that if Stevens comes back he can play at CHB where he would be very useful and he wouldn't need to dive around on his knee as much.

Fingers crossed he can come back.

Originally posted by Jars458
Mark Stevens is the big unkown. The great thing about McGregor playing so well at CHF is that if Stevens comes back he can play at CHB where he would be very useful and he wouldn't need to dive around on his knee as much.

I was thinking the same thing. We have to be extremely careful with Stevo's knee. He would take more pounding at CHF or FF than he would at CHB. Maybe if he can get some match fitness he could slot in at CHB leaving McGregor to continue learning his craft at CHF.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed he makes it back.

That's a good injury list all things considered bar the problems with Kruger. Maybe we are just not rushing him which is fair enough.

And we can **** Perrie off;)

Originally posted by Stiffy_18

I reckon Krueger's back must be of major concern. He was due to play with Glenelg against Eagles on the weekend but will miss another 2 weeks. Goody said he should be back for Collingwood game and that looks likely.
Better to get that type of injury correct now, miss half a season, and at his age, be right for a restart to his career.
Do not begrudge a very very conservative approach. Look what happened to Kosi.

Re: Re: Adelaide Injury List

Originally posted by Wayne's-World
Better to get that type of injury correct now, miss half a season, and at his age, be right for a restart to his career.
Do not begrudge a very very conservative approach. Look what happened to Kosi.
Not begrudging the conservative approach at all. All I am saying is that it must be one extremely serious injury because whenever Freddy gets within 1 or 2 weeks from resuming, he return is pushed back for another couple of weeks at least. I say take all the time in the world because I know how nagging those things can be. As long as he comes back good he can have the rest of the year off as far as I am concerned.

Re: Re: Re: Adelaide Injury List

Not begrudging the conservative approach at all. All I am saying is that it must be one extremely serious injury because whenever Freddy gets within 1 or 2 weeks from resuming, he return is pushed back for another couple of weeks at least. I say take all the time in the world because I know how nagging those things can be. As long as he comes back good he can have the rest of the year off as far as I am concerned.
Maybe different type of back injury, but Kosi seems to have fully recovered.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Adelaide Injury List

Originally posted by Wayne's-World
Maybe different type of back injury, but Kosi seems to have fully recovered.
Krueger has a BADLY buldged disk. He injured at a training session at Berri during pre-season AFL community camp.

I heard Hart is going to be given a run with North Adelaide before he comes back into the Crows squad.

Should guys like Ben and Goody make it straight back into the squad after a long time off? They are quality no doubt, but neither would have match fitness.

Originally posted by MaccasNeighbour
I heard Hart is going to be given a run with North Adelaide before he comes back into the Crows squad.

Should guys like Ben and Goody make it straight back into the squad after a long time off? They are quality no doubt, but neither would have match fitness.
Given our form last week, I would prefer us to bring players back through the SANFL rather than AFC if they lack match fitness.

Was thinking the same. Would make a heck of a difference to our structure to have Stevo back at AFC, even if it meant we had to play him at CHB rather than CHF.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Was thinking the same. Would make a heck of a difference to our structure to have Stevo back at AFC, even if it meant we had to play him at CHB rather than CHF.

Stevo will make a difference whether he plays forward or back he is versitle thats why he has been missed by the AFC, we need him back fit and firing;)

Originally posted by MaccasNeighbour

It will depend on how much of pre-season work have each of them done. Hart and Smart missed about 2 months of pre-season when they had the moon boots on so as far as their fitness base goes they are both struggling. On top of that 2 month lay off, Hart has missed the last 6 weeks so any smart coach would bring him back through SANFL.

Goodwin on the other hand has done all the pre-season work and has would miss 5 weeks with this injury. Personally I would reckon he will come straight back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will depend on how much of pre-season work have each of them done. Hart and Smart missed about 2 months of pre-season when they had the moon boots on so as far as their fitness base goes they are both struggling. On top of that 2 month lay off, Hart has missed the last 6 weeks so any smart coach would bring him back through SANFL.

Goodwin on the other hand has done all the pre-season work and has would miss 5 weeks with this injury. Personally I would reckon he will come straight back in.
I agree Stiffy. Goody is probably in a different situation than Hart & should come straight back in if he has maintained a decent fitness base. He was burning early in the season, whereas Hart struggled in the game he played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back