it was the worst crucifixtion ever.

buddy_christ.jpg

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I made the late decision to get on the drink with my mates and haven't watch a second of the game. I have it recorded on IQ. Is it worth watching in the morning and wasting 2 hours watching a trainwreck.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
The back line needs to get some cohesion and I'm not sure simply injecting a couple more young kids in there is going to help - maybe, but I'm not sure.

When to go for the ball in the air and when to stay down, when to switch and when not to, when to kick it to our players and when to kick it to theirs - that last one seems to be really confusing some of our back 6.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
I made the late decision to get on the drink with my mates and haven't watch a second of the game. I have it recorded on IQ. Is it worth watching in the morning and wasting 2 hours watching a trainwreck.
Well at least you didn't blow your mates off
I'd quit while I was ahead if I was you

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Cant be bothered looking in to this. Still I will be alone on what I will say next.

Yeah we lost by 100 points. Yet I am not gutted or angry. Its just one bad match. This time last year we were 0-10. We are not 6-4 in 2017. We got Magpies at home and Brisbane away then the bye. We could go to the by being on 8 wins and 4 losses. Remarkably im calm at the moment.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers

Depends... do you like horror movies?

The backline will look slow and terrible when the midfield leaks like a bucket with no bottom.

The forward line will look out of place and ineffective when the midfield can't move the ball up the ground with structure.

The outside mids won't get involved if we never control the ball because the midfield gets smashed.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
The backline will look slow and terrible when the midfield leaks like a bucket with no bottom.

The forward line will look out of place and ineffective when the midfield can't move the ball up the ground with structure.

The outside mids won't get involved if we never control the ball because the midfield gets smashed.

Exactly. Fyfe, Mundy, Neale got slaughtered by Sloane, Crouch and Crouch. Our 2nd stringers in Blakeley and Grey did better at the coalface than our first choice did. Our leaders were crap. It falls back on the seniors to win the games, not the newbies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cant be bothered looking in to this. Still I will be alone on what I will say next.

Yeah we lost by 100 points. Yet I am not gutted or angry. Its just one bad match. This time last year we were 0-10. We are not 6-4 in 2017. We got Magpies at home and Brisbane away then the bye. We could go to the by being on 8 wins and 4 losses. Remarkably im calm at the moment.
And Bennell should be back not long after the bye (LOL?). Balic will be back. No news on AP yet. Luke Ryan is deserving of a run, and Collins could be worth a look. Point is, hopefully we have enough cattle to squeeze D.Pearce, Griffin, Sutty, and Ibbo out.
Difficult draw after the bye, and our percentage will count against us, so we'll probably need 14 wins to make top 8. Will make for some interesting games in the second half of year. But one week at a time. Bring on the Pies!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Midfield got absolutely smashed, led by the Couchs. Just outmuscled and cleaner. Couldn't get into it, Griffin couldn't give good supply.

From that, the forwards were under huge pressure to do something from their limited supply. Hopefully was just an off night. Blakely continues to rise and rise.

Nolo180

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is trying too hard.

add on the captain responsibility and his game is suffering.

On a few occasions he tried bullocking his way through a couple of opposition players but had no one in support to release the ball to. Maybe it was the wet surface but he has lacked some explosiveness this year. I reckon things will turn around he still needs more time to get some confidence in his body back.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Midfield got absolutely smashed, led by the Couchs. Just outmuscled and cleaner. Couldn't get into it, Griffin couldn't give good supply.

From that, the forwards were under huge pressure to do something from their limited supply. Hopefully was just an off night. Blakely continues to rise and rise.
Midfield got absolutely poned. People blaming the backline, but pretty sure the midfield is most responsible for the 72 inside 50's we conceded. Crows missed a lot of gettable shots on goals, could have been much worse than 100pts haha

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
After last weeks win, I thought we might give Adelaide a scare.
On Tuesday I found out Sandilands was out, and thought $1.13 for Adelaide was good value.

And although I'm not a fan of the AFL Player ratings points system, after 9 rounds Fyfe was ranked 15th in the league for average points in 2017 and he was Freo's 2nd best tonight (great effort by Tucker to be Freo's highest point scorer). I'm not saying Fyfe's in the form of his life, but not sure he deserves some of the current criticism either.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Positive: Had a nice dinner out with missus and missed the game.
Got dragged to some food festival with the missus and missed/recorded the game. Needless to say I wont bother with that tripe. Although I haven't watched it, looking at the stats and scoreline, commonsense says our midfield was atrocious. I remember looking at my phone at one stage and seeing something like 25-3 inside 50's at 1/4 time!! People keep bagging the defenders, guys we could've had McPharlin, Rance and Stephen Silvagni back there and we still would've lost by over 10 goals, midfield should cop most of the blame.

To the people that watched it, would you mind answering me a few questions:

• Did Blakely tag Sloane? Looks like Sloane had a massive one?
  • Neale 17d, Mundy 7d.......wtf happened?!
  • Did our forwards actually lead up the ground to provide an option?

Weird as it sounds, I think we needed that loss. We're year 2 in a 4 year rebuild, Ross dropped Sutcliffe and Pearce for a reason, yet slowly put them back into the team once we started winning. Unless Darcy can't run out four quarters, opting to play Griffen over Darcy in a rebuild is a shocking move, stuff finals, we're not ready nor should we play in them, this group still needs another good first round draft pick (1 minimum) before we challenge for a flag. Realistically, we were s**t against Carlton, had they kicked straight in that first term, they would have been 6-7 goals up. Our first quarters are simply not good enough.

6-4 at Round ten is a good result, I'll take that. Getting smashed in a rebuild makes perfect sense, but 100 points in the rain with the quality players we have is disappointing. Hopefully we come out firing next week, especially in the first quarter. 8-4 at the bye is an excellent result, but gee I'd prefer us not to play finals this year.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
After last weeks win, I thought we might give Adelaide a scare.
On Tuesday I found out Sandilands was out, and thought $1.13 for Adelaide was good value.

And although I'm not a fan of the AFL Player ratings points system
, after 9 rounds Fyfe was ranked 15th in the league for average points in 2017 and he was Freo's 2nd best tonight (great effort by Tucker to be Freo's highest point scorer). I'm not saying Fyfe's in the form of his life, but not sure he deserves some of the current criticism either.
Because it's shite.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Midfield got absolutely poned. People blaming the backline, but pretty sure the midfield is most responsible for the 72 inside 50's we conceded. Crows missed a lot of gettable shots on goals, could have been much worse than 100pts haha
Yep, prior to Freo's pantsing, for the first 9 rounds of 2017, Adelaide had kicked a goal 30.9% of i50s. 72 x 30.9% is a bit over 22 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back