• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dear Fellow BFAFC Supporters,

You may have seen on another thread that I have been taking suggestions on how to redesign AFC's logo. After quite a bit of very useful feedback, I think we've reached the stage now where we're pretty close to a design that I and others are happy with (I know... famous last words). There are a few key differences with which it is has been hard to gauge clear support or opposition for, however.

In response, I present you with yet another AFC 'Logo Poll' (rigging free *crosses fingers*). If you have other ideas, please let me know, but it would be great if we could restrict the discussion to the logos presented below.

*Edit: These designs have developed significantly since the thread was initially posted (thanks to great feedback). Scroll through to see how its recent status, and please feel free to keep giving constructive criticism.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 11.05.04 pm.png

Last edited:
Dear Fellow BFAFC Supporters,

You may have seen on another thread that I have been taking suggestions on how to redesign AFC's logo. After quite a bit of very useful feedback, I think we've reached the stage now where we're pretty close to a design that I and others are happy with (I know... famous last words). There are a few key differences with which it is has been hard to gauge clear support or opposition for, however.

In response, I present you with yet another AFC 'Logo Poll' (rigging free *crosses fingers*). If you have other ideas, please let me know, but it would be great if we could restrict the discussion to the logos presented below.

View attachment 473816
Good stuff Dank :)

looks like theres a clear preference to no set 1990 emerging from those votes.

I voted C but can see the appeal of D with the black crow also.

You've done a great job, this is a logo I would get behind and be proud of

looks like theres a clear preference to no set 1990 emerging from those votes.

I voted C but can see the appeal of D with the black crow also.

You've done a great job, this is a logo I would get behind and be proud of

It's looking that way. I'd like the number of votes up to be a fair bit higher before coming to any conclusions though. I'm in the same boat regarding crow colour, but initially I was really strong on the navy crow.

Thanks TD, once the poll closes the next challenge is to try and get the logo some airtime and attention...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naturally this is a subjective matter, and you're welcome to your opinion, but I think that it is important for your to note that it is only shared by 11.1% of voters.

Of course. Just because it’s my opinion doesn’t make it popular, or right.

At least you had the guts to create something, and I tip my hat to you for that.

Unfortunately I just don’t feel like is seems angry/aggressive enough.

If we all wanted to be a bunch of yes men, we’d support Port right :D

Of course. Just because it’s my opinion doesn’t make it popular, or right.

At least you had the guts to create something, and I tip my hat to you for that.

If we all wanted to be a bunch of yes men, we’d support Port right :D

Absolutely a fair point. I think that the traits you mention weren't really in mind when I put the features together; it was more a combination of a crow that looked somewhat noble yet menacing (yes, I realise how ridiculous this whole conversation sounds :tearsofjoy:). Just remember, this would be used on professional attire such as polos/business shirts/club champion jacket, as well as the usual match-day promo.

In that regard, I feel like this logo could replace the doubling up of the 'club crest' and the current 'crow head' logo; I think that a singular image is always best when it comes to identification and symbolism for a sporting team.

All opinion of course, all good - my view is that it's very difficult to make a logo with an "angry / aggressive" bird without it getting a bit cartoonish. If your symbol is a tiger or a lion, OK, but for birds I think the target is noble/proud/majestic.

I wonder if a slightly darker crow than the rest of the logo would work.
I like the idea, especially given the various 'shades of navy blue' that we have had with our guernseys over the years. Will give it a go after the poll has had a good run; it could be a good compromise.

I like the idea, especially given the various 'shades of navy blue' that we have had with our guernseys over the years. Will give it a go after the poll has had a good run; it could be a good compromise.

How does it look with the Crow a navy blue and the background of the shield black?

I think I would be a much bigger fan of C if the Crow didn't blend in with the shield due to same colour

Back