Which logo do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
That middle part is a throwback to the club's 90s roots ;)
Yeah I'm still not convinced on the state of those parts either, but they definitely needs to be there to give 'shape' to the wings.
Thanks for the feedback
agree they need to be there in the wings to help shape things. but maybe just a more subtle difference in the colour (maybe using the same blue as on the shield so not introducing a whole new shade?). I actually quite like the colour as is when used in they eye, just in the wings is where is doesn't quite gel right IMO

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking great but I think theres something not right with the position of the head? I cant quite put my finger on it but it looks a touch like a kookaburra, a bit stumpy.
could be the asymmetrical beak?
Wonder what its look like if the far left part of the beak was removed and only the inner part of that used but then matched on the right side (so was a full block symmetrical beak but just the slim section that's there). then maybe extending/adjusting the lighter blue highlights if needed to help define the head from the body

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
could be the asymmetrical beak?
Wonder what its look like if the far left part of the beak was removed and only the inner part of that used but then matched on the right side (so was a full block symmetrical beak but just the slim section that's there). then maybe extending/adjusting the lighter blue highlights if needed to help define the head from the body
Have tried to take your feedback on board with the update below. Thoughts? Personally I really like the beak now.
Shield has been changed to reflect the traditional guernsey.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 6.09.28 pm.png

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have tried to take your feedback on board with the update below. Thoughts? Personally I really like the beak now.
Shield has been changed to reflect the traditional guernsey.

View attachment 581718
I think the changed accent blue looks a lot better IMO. More seamless and helps overall look more streamlined

Also like the shield change

I also don't mind the current beak. Hard to know what what I was suggesting would look like and it may well look terrible! Was just an option that may add to the streamlining the head and making it look like a more angry strike pose. If I had the skill id have a crack at mocking it up to see

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok I had a real rough go at what I was getting at with the beak.

My lack of skills not doing your design justice aside, i do like how these look personally
Probably the half beak one

upload_2018-11-5_20-8-40.png

upload_2018-11-5_20-8-9.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-05 20.00.17.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-05 20.00.17.png
    428.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2018-11-05 20.05.27.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-05 20.05.27.png
    451.8 KB · Views: 110

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like it, especially the beak on the first one!
yeah I think that retains your design element well but looks a bit meaner. also simplifies it for resized versions.

The solid beak may still work if done correctly, the rough change probably detracts from the look a sharper finish may give

Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Klug

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens FC
Now the footy department is largely fixed, and coach about to be announced, we can move onto fixing our real issue - the logo!

Will Chapman or Fagan be providing their thoughts on the amazing options presented in this thread?

Back