hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Which means the SACA don't really need those two bays.

Moot point anyway as it looks like the game will be far from a sellout - but that's a different discussion altogether.
Channel 10 said only 4k seats left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Certainly not the Members keeping this crowd down! Western is chockas, Riverbank 3 is close to full as well - and our bays in Riverbank 5 are full.
Top of Eastern is probably two "fifths" of the stand if consolidated, and there are almost two whole empty bays up top of the Riverbamk.

its been done

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Which means the SACA don't really need those two bays.

Moot point anyway as it looks like the game will be far from a sellout - but that's a different discussion altogether.
You can thank Channel 10 for that, they have to show has been celebrities in the African jungle

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
You can thank Channel 10 for that, they have to show has been celebrities in the African jungle
If CA want their stuff in the ratings period they need to work WITH the broadcaster.
The price of getting Ten to not show IAC,GMOOH! on Thursday night was an afternoon Final today leading in to the reality crap.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Still plenty of tickets available on Level 5 of both the Eastern and Riverbank Stands for today’s BBL Final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very nice turnout in the end, well done Adelaide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
I was slightly disappointed with the crowd. 40k for a final is a little below average.
See where you’re coming from, I thought though it was solid considering the only 2 day turnaround and time-slot. That Green v Mundine in the jungle thing is awful and should have made way for the BBL final at 7:00pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Agreed. Unlike regular season games there's not much time to get tickets and make arrangements. And there's not a week between matches for your team like footy Finals.

Would have been cool to get a jam-packed house though, like the Final the other year.

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Inter
Val Migliaccio states in the Advertiser and upgrade to Adelaide oval will be on the cards if Australia's women's world cup bid was to eventuate. The issue is Adelaide Oval doesn't meet FIFA's stadium facility standards with the western stand being to far of a viewing distance from the rectangle field. This would mean a new western stand to be built for the stadium to be part of the world cup.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Val Migliaccio states in the Advertiser and upgrade to Adelaide oval will be on the cards if Australia's women's world cup bid was to eventuate. The issue is Adelaide Oval doesn't meet FIFA's stadium facility standards with the western stand being to far of a viewing distance from the rectangle field. This would mean a new western stand to be built for the stadium to be part of the world cup.
That sounds like rubbish. The MCG is wider fence to fence than Adelaide Oval for the way a soccer game is set up at both stadiums and they were accepted in the bid document in December 2010. The technical specifications haven't changed that much otherwise every Olympic stadium that has a track around it or any major stadium with a track around it and hasn't been modified, is ineligible for the WC games.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
The stadium was built with FIFA WC requirements as part of the design with the northern end having to be shutdown or temporary stands having to be built if a WC game was played there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Inter
That sounds like rubbish. The MCG is wider fence to fence than Adelaide Oval for the way a soccer game is set up at both stadiums and they were accepted in the bid document in December 2010. The technical specifications haven't changed that much otherwise every Olympic stadium that has a track around it or any major stadium with a track around it and hasn't been modified, is ineligible for the WC games.
Article qoute
"it's understood the venue doesn't meet FIFA's VIP facility requirements and parts of the stadium exceeds FIFA's recommended maximum viewing distance for fans".

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Article qoute
"it's understood the venue doesn't meet FIFA's VIP facility requirements and parts of the stadium exceeds FIFA's recommended maximum viewing distance for fans".
VIP stuff doesn't surprise me one bit because that changes with time and requirements of FIFA blowhards. That was mentioned in the 2010 bid for 2022. But the technical specifications haven't changed since 2010 and Val should spend time reading them rather than trying to understand someones comments. This is the 5th edition re stadiums and was published in 2010 and the 4th in 2007 and got them from this FIFA documents page.
http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/official-documents/law-regulations/index.html#docTournamentReg

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/37/17/76/stadiumbook2010_buch.pdf

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
If anywhere is too far from the pitch it'd be top of the Riverbank.
If every seat in the MCG is compliant, then every seat at AO would be. I have sat in the last row of Q section in the MCG great southern stand near the pocket of Punt Road end and it is a ****en long way from there to the middle of the ground let along the edge of the members wing even for a soccer boundary.

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
If every seat in the MCG is compliant, then every seat at AO would be. I have sat in the last row of Q section in the MCG great southern stand near the pocket of Punt Road end and it is a ****en long way from there to the middle of the ground let along the edge of the members wing even for a soccer boundary.
A had seats for an Australia v Japan Soccer match right near the top if the G a few years ago.

There is no way any seat at AO is that far away from the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HighBudget

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
If they build a new Western stand i hope that it mirrors the Eastern stand

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
I've been to Adelaide oval for all of Melbournes games over the last 3 years. It's been a good camping ground so far.

I must say the stadium is awesome for footy and despite the bad rep the Port/Adelaide supporters get I have found them to be pretty good even when losing.

The ground gets an extra tick for having James Squires especially dark ale on tap and an even bigger tick for serving heavy beer of a night time. I like the fact it is like a festival kind of feel about games during the day over there unlike the game in Melbourne.

I will say though that the hill is a crazy place. I went there for a quarter in 2016 v Port Adelaide on a Sat night despite my South Australians friends advice. It was pretty funny but I would say at least 20 blokes would have been kicked out of the G for the same behavior. Not that it worried or annoyed me but it was just a big difference from the Victorians crowd behaviour

HighBudget

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
I've been to Adelaide oval for all of Melbournes games over the last 3 years. It's been a good camping ground so far.

I must say the stadium is awesome for footy and despite the bad rep the Port/Adelaide supporters get I have found them to be pretty good even when losing.

The ground gets an extra tick for having James Squires especially dark ale on tap and an even bigger tick for serving heavy beer of a night time. I like the fact it is like a festival kind of feel about games during the day over there unlike the game in Melbourne.

I will say though that the hill is a crazy place. I went there for a quarter in 2016 v Port Adelaide on a Sat night despite my South Australians friends advice. It was pretty funny but I would say at least 20 blokes would have been kicked out of the G for the same behavior. Not that it worried or annoyed me but it was just a big difference from the Victorians crowd behaviour
People change when they're standing

its been done

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
$20 on there being a massive fight on the hill between NSW and QLD supporters that night, you just know it's going to happen at the cheapest area of the ground

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Top Bottom