Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
I wasn't there, what did we do differently?
There’s lights ringing around the roof
Upon entrance and after every goal (by the good guys)
They did a display which looked cool on the field

I also liked how when going through the team on the screens, they had player highlights for most (didn’t have his goal vs Essendon or anything for Murphy :( ) - but that’s more a crows match day experience thing than oval point. So not really worth bringing up

AFC3000

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
There’s lights ringing around the roof
Upon entrance and after every goal (by the good guys)
They did a display which looked cool on the field

I also liked how when going through the team on the screens, they had player highlights for most (didn’t have his goal vs Essendon or anything for Murphy :( ) - but that’s more a crows match day experience thing than oval point. So not really worth bringing up
Thanks, I think I just found an Instagram clip of it during the entrance, on TV it was noticeable but because the cameras were so close you didn't get the full effect.

I imagine it would have looked even better as it got darker.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Roof lights are now LED as opposed to standard goobes. Got upgraded before the Ashes. I'm sure the Optus ones were in use last weekend, one of the Swans players said he wasn't expecting it as the Eags came out onto the ground.

brucetiki

Spec Moderator
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Roof lights are now LED as opposed to standard goobes. Got upgraded before the Ashes. I'm sure the Optus ones were in use last weekend, one of the Swans players said he wasn't expecting it as the Eags came out onto the ground.
West Coast didn't have any post-goal light show. Not sure what they did pre-game though.

BILC

Ex-Flogcutter
Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Quick question re: cricket seating.

Does anyone know if I was to purchase reserved seats I'd be able to go and sit on the hill if I wanted to at some point or is that a separate ticket?

Cheers in advance.

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Quick question re: cricket seating.

Does anyone know if I was to purchase reserved seats I'd be able to go and sit on the hill if I wanted to at some point or is that a separate ticket?

Cheers in advance.
The hill is a free for all. Depending on what cricket it is you would do well to 'sit' on the hill without getting there hours before play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Yes, the spectator fun of the hill has been ruined by the improvement of seeing cricket interrupted less by idiots moving by the sightscreen and the damn thing breaking down. In other words, the thing we all pay a lot of money to see, happens better.

BILC

Ex-Flogcutter
Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Just having a look at the seating map.

Is the only way to avoid sitting in the sun all day/sun in your eyes during the afternoon to cough up for a ticket in the southern stand?

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Just having a look at the seating map.

Is the only way to avoid sitting in the sun all day/sun in your eyes during the afternoon to cough up for a ticket in the southern stand?
Or right at the back of the hill in the family area (western side). Or Members'.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Day Test for AO this summer. No real surprise. It's a shame but at the same time the world seems to think we only get "good" cricket here with lights and a pink ball so now we get to debunk that. Plus I'm so much less exhaustef by the time I get home when that's at 7pm not 10pm!

Viva la Mattner

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Seemed to be much the same in the members area (though a few changes in vendors).
Doesn’t seem to be as good IMO
Burger Theory is gone which is a damn shame about the only one I’d buy from, very rarely might venture to Beyond India

Buy a Vietnamese roll and cold rolls on the way in now

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doesn’t seem to be as good IMO
Burger Theory is gone which is a damn shame about the only one I’d buy from, very rarely might venture to Beyond India
BT changed to kangaroo burgers earlier this year, so I guess they we're sure how that'd go down with the footy crowd.

The pizza joint that replaced them is run by the BT crew, and personally I think they're pretty good. Even better - no one seems to buy them, so the queues aren't 30m long like the other food vans.

Viva la Mattner

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
BT changed to kangaroo burgers earlier this year, so I guess they we're sure how that'd go down with the footy crowd.

The pizza joint that replaced them is run by the BT crew, and personally I think they're pretty good. Even better - no one seems to buy them, so the queues aren't 30m long like the other food vans.
Ok
Will have to give them a try next time

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I noticed last weekend the Telstra logos and 50m markings are really close to the boundary, only about 10m in. Then this week the AFL logo on the wing is really low too (the Indigenus Round logo was below where the AFL logo was, and now they've repainted the AFL logo below that), and I just worked out why - it means when the NRL is played here at the end of the month, these logos will be outside the rugby pitch markings. This happens a bit at the MCG and Etihad as well and it's probably for similar reasons, as well as it is probably better for the grass. The AFL logo at the MCG was outside the pitch itself on Wednesday night.
Clever by the SMA to help give the NRL a "clean" pitch.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saves you about $450 a game :p
the $10 angus burgers they had there actually were reasonably priced and quality for what you'd expect.

The stall next to where they used to be has some kind of "gourmet" burgers but they're $15+.

Beyond India still in the area but just not great to eat at the footy IMO

Top Bottom