Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Could do that on top of the stand. RoofClimb on the west and south, and rollercoaster on the east.

You can call it the Cornesy Coaster! Something for all south australians to celebrate!!

Interesting if the women's crows team finishes top and gets to host the grand final on the 24th of march which will no doubt be at Adelaide Oval, how will that work within the 4:05pm game between port and freo?

Bizarrely tonight 2 bays in level 5 of the Riverbank Stand have been reserved for SACA Members.

Given they’ve only used about a third of their usual reserve in the minor round I don’t see why needed to rope more seats off for them.

Interesting if the women's crows team finishes top and gets to host the grand final on the 24th of march which will no doubt be at Adelaide Oval, how will that work within the 4:05pm game between port and freo?
Similarly to how the BL v Adelaide AFLW GF worked in the double-header at Metricon last year, I'd say. One game then the other.

Similarly to how the BL v Adelaide AFLW GF worked in the double-header at Metricon last year, I'd say. One game then the other.
There's a difference when those 2 games got 15,000 each compared to the possibility of 40,000 for each of the 2 games in Adelaide. plus catering has to be restocked.

There's a difference when those 2 games got 15,000 each compared to the possibility of 40,000 for each of the 2 games in Adelaide. plus catering has to be restocked.
So it's like a day of Test or ODI cricket but with two different games of footy. Adelaide Oval has been doing full days of catering etc for a century.
Ticketing-wise, if they sell two different match tickets they just have to get everyone out and then re-open the gates with rolling stockups for food/drinks throughout the day.

Bizarrely tonight 2 bays in level 5 of the Riverbank Stand have been reserved for SACA Members.

Given they’ve only used about a third of their usual reserve in the minor round I don’t see why needed to rope more seats off for them.

Because they want to sit behind the bowlers arm like their fellow cricket clubs interstate

Internationals and Finals the Members' reserve is always bigger than regular-season games due to higher patronage of Members.

Still plenty of tickets available on Level 5 of both the Eastern and Riverbank Stands for today’s BBL Final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring start time of Port game back an hour or two and start Grand Final in Prime Time (that’s what you would hope anyway)

Outside of the city of Adelaide, last years Grand Final got caught up on round 1 traffic and was lost to being the prime event it deserved.

Which means the SACA don't really need those two bays.

Moot point anyway as it looks like the game will be far from a sellout - but that's a different discussion altogether.
Channel 10 said only 4k seats left.

Certainly not the Members keeping this crowd down! Western is chockas, Riverbank 3 is close to full as well - and our bays in Riverbank 5 are full.
Top of Eastern is probably two "fifths" of the stand if consolidated, and there are almost two whole empty bays up top of the Riverbamk.

Which means the SACA don't really need those two bays.

Moot point anyway as it looks like the game will be far from a sellout - but that's a different discussion altogether.

You can thank Channel 10 for that, they have to show has been celebrities in the African jungle

You can thank Channel 10 for that, they have to show has been celebrities in the African jungle
If CA want their stuff in the ratings period they need to work WITH the broadcaster.
The price of getting Ten to not show IAC,GMOOH! on Thursday night was an afternoon Final today leading in to the reality crap.

I was slightly disappointed with the crowd. 40k for a final is a little below average.

See where you’re coming from, I thought though it was solid considering the only 2 day turnaround and time-slot. That Green v Mundine in the jungle thing is awful and should have made way for the BBL final at 7:00pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. Unlike regular season games there's not much time to get tickets and make arrangements. And there's not a week between matches for your team like footy Finals.

Would have been cool to get a jam-packed house though, like the Final the other year.

Val Migliaccio states in the Advertiser and upgrade to Adelaide oval will be on the cards if Australia's women's world cup bid was to eventuate. The issue is Adelaide Oval doesn't meet FIFA's stadium facility standards with the western stand being to far of a viewing distance from the rectangle field. This would mean a new western stand to be built for the stadium to be part of the world cup.

Val Migliaccio states in the Advertiser and upgrade to Adelaide oval will be on the cards if Australia's women's world cup bid was to eventuate. The issue is Adelaide Oval doesn't meet FIFA's stadium facility standards with the western stand being to far of a viewing distance from the rectangle field. This would mean a new western stand to be built for the stadium to be part of the world cup.
That sounds like rubbish. The MCG is wider fence to fence than Adelaide Oval for the way a soccer game is set up at both stadiums and they were accepted in the bid document in December 2010. The technical specifications haven't changed that much otherwise every Olympic stadium that has a track around it or any major stadium with a track around it and hasn't been modified, is ineligible for the WC games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back