Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, the spectator fun of the hill has been ruined by the improvement of seeing cricket interrupted less by idiots moving by the sightscreen and the damn thing breaking down. In other words, the thing we all pay a lot of money to see, happens better.

Just having a look at the seating map.

Is the only way to avoid sitting in the sun all day/sun in your eyes during the afternoon to cough up for a ticket in the southern stand?

Just having a look at the seating map.

Is the only way to avoid sitting in the sun all day/sun in your eyes during the afternoon to cough up for a ticket in the southern stand?
Or right at the back of the hill in the family area (western side). Or Members'.

Day Test for AO this summer. No real surprise. It's a shame but at the same time the world seems to think we only get "good" cricket here with lights and a pink ball so now we get to debunk that. Plus I'm so much less exhaustef by the time I get home when that's at 7pm not 10pm!

Seemed to be much the same in the members area (though a few changes in vendors).
Doesn’t seem to be as good IMO
Burger Theory is gone which is a damn shame about the only one I’d buy from, very rarely might venture to Beyond India

Buy a Vietnamese roll and cold rolls on the way in now

Doesn’t seem to be as good IMO
Burger Theory is gone which is a damn shame about the only one I’d buy from, very rarely might venture to Beyond India
BT changed to kangaroo burgers earlier this year, so I guess they we're sure how that'd go down with the footy crowd.

The pizza joint that replaced them is run by the BT crew, and personally I think they're pretty good. Even better - no one seems to buy them, so the queues aren't 30m long like the other food vans.

BT changed to kangaroo burgers earlier this year, so I guess they we're sure how that'd go down with the footy crowd.

The pizza joint that replaced them is run by the BT crew, and personally I think they're pretty good. Even better - no one seems to buy them, so the queues aren't 30m long like the other food vans.
Ok
Will have to give them a try next time

I noticed last weekend the Telstra logos and 50m markings are really close to the boundary, only about 10m in. Then this week the AFL logo on the wing is really low too (the Indigenus Round logo was below where the AFL logo was, and now they've repainted the AFL logo below that), and I just worked out why - it means when the NRL is played here at the end of the month, these logos will be outside the rugby pitch markings. This happens a bit at the MCG and Etihad as well and it's probably for similar reasons, as well as it is probably better for the grass. The AFL logo at the MCG was outside the pitch itself on Wednesday night.
Clever by the SMA to help give the NRL a "clean" pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saves you about $450 a game :p
the $10 angus burgers they had there actually were reasonably priced and quality for what you'd expect.

The stall next to where they used to be has some kind of "gourmet" burgers but they're $15+.

Beyond India still in the area but just not great to eat at the footy IMO

the $10 angus burgers they had there actually were reasonably priced and quality for what you'd expect.

The stall next to where they used to be has some kind of "gourmet" burgers but they're $15+.

Beyond India still in the area but just not great to eat at the footy IMO

The Argentinian and Burger Theory burgers where fantastic, but now we have no choice but to pay $12.50 for a rubbish SMA burger and $5.70 for cold SMA chips with fake (non Mitani) chicken salt, freaking ridiculous from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Argentinian and Burger Theory burgers where fantastic, but now we have no choice but to pay $12.50 for a rubbish SMA burger and $5.70 for cold SMA chips with fake (non Mitani) chicken salt, freaking ridiculous from them.

Not quite - you also have the choice to BYO or not have anything.

I hate the use of "no choice" when it comes to food at stadiums, like it's mandatory that you buy lunch while you're there.

I hate the use of "no choice" when it comes to food at stadiums, like it's mandatory that you buy lunch while you're there.

That’s true, I should have said if you chose to eat there.
Having great choice in food at the ground has become part of the going to the footy at Adelaide Oval experience, it’s a shame they’re cutting back the choices.

I very rarely buy any food at AO.

Last weekend's Sunday night game did.nkt spend a cent there. Bkttle.kf water.going in then dinner after the game at T Chow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bring some potato chips and hot dogs in a thermos, there's always choice. I bring Hungry Jacks into Etihad when I go, there's always something around. If I'm watching a neutral game I'll even nick out at half time and pick up a Stunner meal. I've got no idea if there's a fast food place near AO since I'm from Melbourne, but I'm sure there's something around.

Hot dogs in thermos, reminds me of that one South Sydney supporter who did just that at ANZ Stadium a few years ago

I enjoy having something to eat at the game, like a few beers it's part of the experience for me. It's a shame the options are becoming fewer and fewer these days.

17-odd thousand last night for the League on a cold night with risk of getting wet. Not a bad atmosphere considering. And another tight contest!

Also, how good does the field look without all the sponsors' logos painted on? Love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back