Adelaide Oval Review

Remove this Banner Ad

And we clearly know yours.

You have stated that you are happy with the new deal because the SANFL retain a large portion of money generated from AO. For a "supposed" Crows supporter I have not seen you say that you are also happy that the Crows will get additional revenue from the new deal....all your comments are about the SANFL.

Time to stop your charade......any way you have once again shown you are incapable of answering or even understanding a simple question posed by Mattrox, rather you choose to go on a completely irrelevant path to what was asked of you.

Yeah maybe the bigger issue is football and more importantly South Australian Football!

Yeah maybe the bigger issue is football and more importantly South Australian Football!

We know where your allegiances are Marty, no need to keep validating that point, however you have still failed, after being asked many times, to answer the question posed to you by Mattrox.

Are you able to provide figures or not?

Because you wouldn't get the volunteers to do it for a corporate entity SFL club, so it would cost greatly more, or be done by thr same people, but for a lot more.

Secondly, the net asset position of the SANFL has just increased greatly.

Why would all the volunteers stop volunteering if the SANFL got their funding from the AFL instead of the Crows and Port?

I used to be involved with the Goody saints when my lad was playing, we were all volunteers.

You volunteer to give something back to the sport you love or because your kids are involved not because you care where the peak body gets it's funding from. I don't understand this stance on volunteers that you and Marty have taken.

Why would all the volunteers stop volunteering if the SANFL got their funding from the AFL instead of the Crows and Port?

I used to be involved with the Goody saints when my lad was playing, we were all volunteers.

You volunteer to give something back to the sport you love or because your kids are involved not because you care where the peak body gets it's funding from. I don't understand this stance on volunteers that you and Marty have taken.

If the SANFL and its clubs are cut out of the equation of running SA footy and new body would need to be appointed. Who would that be? Who would be capable and at what cost, more than probable at a greater cost of the SANFL and its hundreds of volunteers that its clubs have.

The AFL havent volunteered to fund the SANFL have they or have I missed something?

No noone can, can they? So why ask a ridiculous question like that?

Why ask a question.....seriously you are deluded!!

You have been on about the SANFL getting dollars from the AO deal. One point you have made time and time and time again is the funding of grass roots footy and yet here you are unable to supply any proof that money from the SANFL actually gets allocated to the grass roots league.

So in other words you have been arguing a point that you're unable to validate and you've now fessed up that even you don't know, if that isn't the height of stupidity I don't know what is.

Time to stop posting on this matter marty because even you have no idea what the hell you are posting.

Why ask a question.....seriously you are deluded!!

You have been on about the SANFL getting dollars from the AO deal. One point you have made time and time and time again is the funding of grass roots footy and yet here you are unable to supply any proof that money from the SANFL actually gets allocated to the grass roots league.

So in other words you have been arguing a point that you're unable to validate and you've now fessed up that even you don't know, if that isn't the height of stupidity I don't know what is.

Time to stop posting on this matter marty because even you have no idea what the hell you are posting.

But no one knows so how are you arguing it isnt? Or have you just left that small part out. We know for a FACT that the SANFL control football here in SA so are funding it and controlling it succesfully, with funds being generated from the Asset of the South Australian people. Please suggest another body that has the supporters and volunteers that could possibly remotely do it. Having played at two amatuer clubs I am fully aware they dont get the supporters or more importantly the volunteers to sustain the control of footy here in SA even with the funds the SANFL are receiving. As the volunteers is the importanmt part.

Having played in a metro league and at an SANFL club I know which clubs have the most support and the volunteers are the most vital part of SA footy.

Maybe you vould suggest the Baroosa League can maintain it, come on mate you talk about not knowing what the hell I am talking about maybe have a look at yourself!

If the SANFL and its clubs are cut out of the equation of running SA footy and new body would need to be appointed. Who would that be? Who would be capable and at what cost, more than probable at a greater cost of the SANFL and its hundreds of volunteers that its clubs have.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the SANFL are cut out of running footy in SA, a rebadging, streamlined AFLSA would be the go with funding from the AFL not Crows and Port - no need to reinvent the wheel.

Its just the funding model I would like to see changed not dismantling the entire SANFL system.

When I say the AFL funds the SANFL instead of the Crows and Port you take that as shutting down the entire SANFL system.

When I say the AFL funds the SANFL instead of the Crows and Port you take that as shutting down the entire SANFL system.
At the end of the day it has been happening all along.
If it wasn't for the annual distribution of funds from the AFL to the clubs, TV deal etc, the SANFL wouldn't have been able to keep as much of the income generated by the SA based AFL teams as they have.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the SANFL are cut out of running footy in SA, a rebadging, streamlined AFLSA would be the go with funding from the AFL not Crows and Port - no need to reinvent the wheel.

Its just the funding model I would like to see changed not dismantling the entire SANFL system.

The AFL havent volunteered these funds, this is nice you are prepared to do that for them!!!!!

At the end of the day it has been happening all along.
If it wasn't for the annual distribution of funds from the AFL to the clubs, TV deal etc, the SANFL wouldn't have been able to keep as much of the income generated by the SA based AFL teams as they have.

Problem there is, its the Asset thats actually generating the inome firstly, what comes first the chicken or the egg. Who owns the asset and who has been granted this asset and for what reasons. The two AFL clubs could have chosen to play at another ground if they were prepared to buy one or speak to a group that may build them one and rent it off them.

Problem there is, its the Asset thats actually generating the inome firstly, what comes first the chicken or the egg. Who owns the asset and who has been granted this asset and for what reasons. The two AFL clubs could have chosen to play at another ground if they were prepared to buy one or speak to a group that may build them one and rent it off them.
What has that got to do with what I posted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much income would be generated without the AFL teams?

Nothing, but the Asset generates the income. Maybe BHP could build an oval and rent it back to the Crows and Power at $30 million per annum a little more but arghh who cares they will get away from the SANFL. If you cant see you need a place to play there is no point in discussing this is ?

But no one knows so how are you arguing it isnt? Or have you just left that small part out. We know for a FACT that the SANFL control football here in SA so are funding it and controlling it succesfully, with funds being generated from the Asset of the South Australian people. Please suggest another body that has the supporters and volunteers that could possibly remotely do it. Having played at two amatuer clubs I am fully aware they dont get the supporters or more importantly the volunteers to sustain the control of footy here in SA even with the funds the SANFL are receiving. As the volunteers is the importanmt part.

Having played in a metro league and at an SANFL club I know which clubs have the most support and the volunteers are the most vital part of SA footy.

Maybe you vould suggest the Baroosa League can maintain it, come on mate you talk about not knowing what the hell I am talking about maybe have a look at yourself!

I'm only relying to let you know I haven't bothered to read your post.

I'd be comfortable in saying it's probably the same dribble you've been posting on this thread as you have done most of the time. I'd even bet you probably don't know what you've posted and nor would you understand your own posts either.

I'd be comfortable in saying it's probably the same dribble you've been posting on this thread as you have done most of the time. I'd even bet you probably don't know what you've posted and nor would you understand your own posts either.

To be fair, no one else understands his posts.

How much income would be generated without the AFL teams?
Or the AFL itself.
The AFL would have distributed around $20 mil to the two clubs before prize money and any other special distribution.

Without the $20 mil neither club could operate and in turn no "self generated" money to any sort of footy in SA.

Like it or not all footy in Australia is now dependant in the AFL the only difference between states is how the AFL generated money gets to the various "governing" bodies.

Directly from the AFL or some sort of stadium or whatever deal with locally based AFL teams, and when/where that isn't enough the AFL will make up the difference. But no state league or whatever will get the maximum of both income streams.

Im confused on why you believe the teams generate the income and not the asset(ps who owns the asset)?

Or the AFL itself.
The AFL would have distributed around $20 mil to the two clubs before prize money and any other special distribution.

Without the $20 mil neither club could operate and in turn no "self generated" money to any sort of footy in SA.

Like it or not all footy in Australia is now dependant in the AFL the only difference between states is how the AFL generated money gets to the various "governing" bodies.

Directly from the AFL or some sort of stadium or whatever deal with locally based AFL teams, and when/where that isn't enough the AFL will make up the difference. But no state league or whatever will get the maximum of both income streams.

Same with yourself the Oval generates the Income not the clubs! Fairly simple concept that people with blinkers on fail to see!

Same with yourself the Oval generates the Income not the clubs! Fairly simple concept that people with blinkers on fail to see!
What is easy to see is that only the AFL generates income from footy.
The question is how some of that income finds its way to the SANFL and other State leagues.

What is easy to see is that only the AFL generates income from footy.
The question is how some of that income finds its way to the SANFL and other State leagues.

Yes but what income does the asset(oval) generate? And in the State Governments wisdon they have handed this over to Football in SA to control after all it is their asset. Football is generating income but needs to pay to use the asset that figure has been signed off on to my approval, not the PAPS board they are still spitting, but tough the deal is done!

The AFL or the clubs could bypass this if they wished to invest ? billions in their own asset (oval), but I think we both know the eastern states would be well in front of a state with 8% of Australias population!

I actually think the clubs got a better deal than what I thought they would get, but that is an opinion whereas my previous posts were not opinion based as such.
I also never stated in any of those posts if I thought being totally reliant on the AFL is a good or bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back