Mod. Notice 'Adelaide Posters Only' option - do you want it?

Would you like to see the Adelaide board include an 'Adelaide Posters Only' concept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a crows supporter. Don't let him kid you not. :p

And the fun part is - he can not deny it as he can not post. :eek::D
Ah watch your tongue there young fella as I have just been given the right of reply by Gibby almighty. :D

* PAF runs and hides under the only tree in Outer Mongolia *

Ah watch your tongue there yoing fella as I have been given reply rights by Gibby almighty.

Lucky you didn't have a typo and call him Gobby almighty.

That would be awkward.

Edit: stay on topic please. Damn port supporters, always going off topic. #shakesFistLikeBT.

I am pretty sure it doesn't. Go to the other boards - its pretty clear whats restricted and what isn't.

I have been on numerous other boards and had no problems because I stayed away from the threads that clearly said 'Team X supporters only'.
Your missing the point completely - it's the message it sends that we don't want opposition supporters when we choose.

Seriously theres no big secret. I just added the two options that say "Yes" and subtracted the port supporters from the option that says "No".

I'm confused that you're confused.
Oh, I just realised that you can click on the votes and see the names of everyone who voted. I stand corrected. Your maths is good enough for me.

Seriously theres no big secret. I just added the two options that say "Yes" and subtracted the port supporters from the option that says "No".

I'm confused that you're confused.

I couldn't be bothered checking myself, but thanks for the analysis. Just wondering if there are any zero posters/recently joined members amongst the "no " votes? It would be quite sad, but I'd bet there would one or two who would spoof an account to manipulate the voting.

I find it amusing that some are so worried that having a thread or two just for ourselves would rob us of the input and differing viewpoints from opposition supporters. It is like their entire BF existence is just on the AFC board and they never venture to any of the dozens of other boards out there. Talk about insular!

Then there are the posts about posters who rip into opposition posters who come here and how apparently they want a place to do that free from rebuttal - how can they attack the opposition posters in a thread without opposition posters? lol.

Why are we worried that having an AFC only thread would give us a reputation? I have come across several in my time on BF and I could say that Essendon has one, the rest I have no idea where they were, it was so unimportant a detail that I don't remember which boards I saw them in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't I could be bothered checking myself, but thanks for the analysis. Just wondering if there are any zero posters/recently joined members amongst the "no " votes? It would be quite sad, but I'd bet there would one or two who would spoof an account to manipulate the voting.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/members/nick78.152856/

A no vote that joined this week - 0 posts.

Also, a very unoriginal name...

Why are we worried that having an AFC only thread would give us a reputation? I have come across several in my time on BF and I could say that Essendon has one, the rest I have no idea where they were, it was so unimportant a detail that I don't remember which boards I saw them in...

We already have moderators who can ban members and delete posts. How much more of a nanny-state do you want? Are our feelings that precious we have to lock out dissenters altogether?

We already have moderators who can ban members and delete posts. How much more of a nanny-state do you want? Are our feelings that precious we have to lock out dissenters altogether?
How is a couple of threads altogether? Geeze, anyone would think we were planning to buy out Chief and convert the site to Big Crow.

It's a couple of threads, people...

I think I've almost switch to no on this. I voted yes, but the more I think about it the more I feel a bit silly for voting that way.

If an opposition poster provides nothing of worth, it'll be deleted anyway. If it's a valid post that generates healthy discussion, then that's good for the board.

If god help us we ever have a Tippett like scenario again, then I'd be open to having a Crows only thread on that. But I doubt we'll ever get to that level again.

I think I've almost switch to no on this. I voted yes, but the more I think about it the more I feel a bit silly for voting that way.

If an opposition poster provides nothing of worth, it'll be deleted anyway. If it's a valid post that generates healthy discussion, then that's good for the board.

If god help us we ever have a Tippett like scenario again, then I'd be open to having a Crows only thread on that. But I doubt we'll ever get to that level again.

Even in the Tippett case, we basically had a "if you're an opposition supporter and you post anything even leaning into the trolling side of things, you'll be banned" rule for the main run of that thread.

After we ban the opposition supporters can we then ban all those agitators too?! :D

BACCS and jenny61_99 might be the only ones which are left... although BACCS you did question team selections the other week so you are probably gone too. :p

P.S. I actually enjoy what you both bring to the forum, keep it up :thumbsu:

Back