Adelaide sacks Burton and Camporeale, Chapman and Ricciuto survive

Remove this Banner Ad

New position. Head of Leadership and Culture. Lol.

Agreed. Our current culture isn't worth pi**ing on. Too many apologists and lemmings who will blindly follow whatever the club says. Why the **** does our club need to remind its supporters to make some noise (19th man) You go to the footy to cheer, not watch an art exhibition, which many of our supporters seem to act like. It's high time our players and supporters developed a bit of mongrel in them, much like the Port of old.

Its just Port. Their jealous. They still have Ken.

Come on Bern, you know who Papa G is. He usually shows us respect and insightful comment, and I see no differently on this occasion. He's not like Smithy.

I love it how for months on end people call out Adelaide as being poorly administered, but then they complete a pretty significant review and move on several coaches and staff members, institute a new role, and everyone just continues to call them out as being s**t.

You would think half of big footy posters are management consultants privy to the goings on of Adelaide FC. They’ve made change, give them an opportunity to see if it works.

This is BF. It caters to the Victorians. They don't care about the AFL and the growth and development of the game and clubs outside the Melbourne bubble.

The new coach will have 12 months to make some sort of impact. If not Goodwin will be our new coach. I pray not though.
Well that's set up for failure

If it does happen, keep in mind that Burton was the main culprit behind dividing our playing group and destroying our culture. He's way worse than Campo in that regard.

Our main beef with Campo was that he was at the club for 9 years will nothing much to show for it which is too long imo. I don't think hiring him would kill Carlton's culture, you might even get a decent uptick in performance. In the long term though, he probably doesn't get you closer to a flag. In all his time as our midfield coach, he was never able to get our guys to defend and play accountable footy.

Yeah you've got to wonder what affect Burton had at the Lions in his 5 years with us, the Voss/Lepitsch years. Considering all the flak we drew for having "Kulcha" issues at the time ,and with what CEY said recently, it gets easier to connect the dots. Toxic environments seem to just follow him around.

Yeah you've got to wonder what affect Burton had at the Lions in his 5 years with us, the Voss/Lepitsch years. Considering all the flak we drew for having "Kulcha" issues at the time ,and with what CEY said recently, it gets easier to connect the dots. Toxic environments seem to just follow him around.
Fagan said he had 25 out of 37 guys in rehab when he got to the Lions. This was when bird brain was your head of fitness. He was destroying your list physically at the very least.

I literally said that he should be, but can't be. Try reading.

"Chapman is highly complicit too, but it's always hard to sack a chairman of the board, given their position."
Don't bother with Marty. He's a moron who will constantly move goal posts because he thinks it makes him look smart.

Mmm, I was more thinking about his support towards these culturally damning decisions. He didn't seem to care or acknowledge the damage it had done. Not sure I'd want a bloke like that around the club; no matter how many goals he kicks
With all due respect, you have no way of knowing if that's actually true.

In any case, Tex has stepped down as captain. You guys are going to need a new whipping boy.

Last edited:
Don't bother with Marty. He's a moron who will constantly move goal posts because he thinks it makes him look smart.

In any case, Tex has stepped down as captain. You guys are going to need a new whipping boy.

I honestly never minded him that much. It was his interview that he did in 2018 when Adelaide were faltering, and he was asked about the camp. Literally said 'nothing to see here and I enjoyed it.' Didn't seem to acknowledge just what was actually happening. Again, he is a bit of a whipping boy, but his tough guy attitude didn't help when dealing with something so delicate as the fallout from this camp.

I honestly never minded him that much. It was his interview that he did in 2018 when Adelaide were faltering, and he was asked about the camp. Literally said 'nothing to see here and I enjoyed it.' Didn't seem to acknowledge just what was actually happening. Again, he is a bit of a whipping boy, but his tough guy attitude didn't help when dealing with something so delicate as the fallout from this camp.
I wouldn't read too much into that. Sloane said exactly the same thing. They were just towing the company line. We won't know the real truth of it until players who have left the club start speaking out, or maybe even later when their playing careers are over.

Please explain how you can sack a board member

This should be interesting

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They can stand down after being told of their shortcomings . He may not get a dismissal notice but as board memeber if his position becomes unatenable they move on unless they are up for a full on fight with factions within the club. This is generally avoided as it is divisive so they walk.

Mmm, I was more thinking about his support towards these culturally damning decisions. He didn't seem to care or acknowledge the damage it had done. Not sure I'd want a bloke like that around the club; no matter how many goals he kicks
He was our clubs strongest leader during a very tough period and players do respect him. I don’t get the fascination with the continual bashing of him on this forum, he’s a good bloke that’s passionate about his club doing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was our clubs strongest leader during a very tough period and players do respect him. I don’t get the fascination with the continual bashing of him on this forum, he’s a good bloke that’s passionate about his club doing well.
1324596542030_7713053.png

Adelaide can start to heal now as a club. Will still take 2 or 3 years though before players are willing to trust them enough to be traded in to the club. I'd be retiring Tex as well, just to get rid of all the rot. I've always seen it as Burton, Pyke, Camporeale and Walker, as those that led the push and endorsed it after the fact. Chapman is highly complicit too, but it's always hard to sack a chairman of the board, given their position.

Excited though now to see how a young team of Milera, Jones, Fogarty, O'Brien, Himmelberg etc. can change the direction of the club. Sloane hopefully becomes captain, and they can just have a year to pay freely and not worry about all the drama and W/L ratio.

I kinda hope Talia is made captain, tbh -

Tex only ever spoke about his personal experience. Never really denied that others had issues from it. And that was 18 months ago.

One thing, Chapman is actually on the way out. His succession plan has started.

We just don’t know who’s replacing him, but this season coming is his last.
Lol. He was until the review landed today. Went on 5AA saying he will now hang around for another year. He’s harder to get rid of than Putin that prick. Our club will not improve until that cancer is finally cut out, but how do you rid yourself of a dictator?

remember, crows members have no voting rights so we can’t overthrow the board.

Potcallung the kettle

Are you still harping on how good our recruitment department is when we finish 15th this year that it's the best in the business

Wow didn't hear that.

Honestly it's all lip service till the 3 go. They oversaw it.
Roo and Chapman will see out their terms then it's up to the AFL to appoint the right people maybe we will get Kennett and Nixon appointed by them

As for Fagan he can be sacked today he was in charge of the entire club whilst this whole debacle unfolded

As a captain and a life long Crows fan he was probably trying to downplay it so it didn't badly effect his club and players.
A questionable decision perhaps but an understandable one imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back