Adelaide United 2016/17 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League a bit of a mix with the tradition of Australia having finals series and with soccer traditionally being first past the post competitions in most places in the world.

I like the way they have defined the two - Premiers for finishing top - Champions for winning the Grand Final

Just to show that the FFA follow no logic whatsoever, apparently United's semi final will be at Coopers Stadium.

Either that or they've finally got the message that no one wants United playing at Adelaide Oval.

EDIT: No wonder they're having it at Coopers, it's on at the same time as the Hawthorn v Adelaide game. Could be in for a very lean crowd that night.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...schedule-confirmed/15s8c909mgnt91f2meo4hqbou6

Just to show that the FFA follow no logic whatsoever, apparently United's semi final will be at Coopers Stadium.

Either that or they've finally got the message that no one wants United playing at Adelaide Oval.

EDIT: No wonder they're having it at Coopers, it's on at the same time as the Hawthorn v Adelaide game. Could be in for a very lean crowd that night.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...schedule-confirmed/15s8c909mgnt91f2meo4hqbou6

Seems pretty dumb, could have played both semi finals on the Sunday and avoided AFL completely.

The game is pretty much a sell out. Personally I'd rather watch the Reds in a final than an away game against Hawthorn..... just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And while 2/3 of the board wants to burn Matthew Nicholls in effigy, the miracle run of Adelaide United continues.

Grand Final will be at Adelaide Oval next Sunday at 3:30pm.

United member pre-sale in on now.

Football Family/SACA Member/AO Football members pre-sale starts Sunday night at 8:30pm (I believe if you've pre-booked tickets for any FFA/AFC football event you get signed up for the Football Family)

If you want to go, prepare to be fleeced:

GA tickets are $59
B Reserve tickets are $95
A Reserve tickets are $135

Last edited:
And while 2/3 of the board wants to burn Matthew Nicholls in effigy, the miracle run of Adelaide United continues.

Football Family/SACA Member/AO Football members pre-sale starts Sunday night at 8:30pm (I believe if you've pre-booked tickets for any FFA/AFC football event you get signed up for the Football Family)
Tickets for the General Public go out on Tuesday at 11am. As I've calmed myself down, I am now ******* pumped for next Sunday! Bring it home! COYR

If you want to go, prepare to be fleeced:

GA tickets are $59
B Reserve tickets are $95
A Reserve tickets are $135
Noone would miss Nicholls

Wanderers win 5-4 in overtime.

Adelaide and Western Sydney have played 3 draws this season (2 of which have been 0-0). This could be one of the dullest, and longest, Grand Finals ever.

Who cares as long as we win. I think the 4-4 scoreline says more about WSW's defence rather than their attack. 2-0 Adelaide for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back