Adelaide United 2016/17 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm referring to your recent history of posting in this thread. I'm not offended but you were quick to go on the attack on Shorty's reply. I'm just calling it as I see it and you don't seem to like answering pointed questions.

Neither do you by the sound of it.

You failed to answer the previous question for starters.

At the end of the day I'm just making some observations. The fact people get so touchy about it really shows the insular culture that plagues soccer in this country.

At the end of the day I'm just making some observations. The fact people get so touchy about it really shows the insular culture that plagues soccer in this country.
I disagree with the last statement. If the Crows go 7 without a win next season I expect there will be some very touchy people here.

Jeez, I answered it directly by saying that the troll remark wasn't pointed at your "3 points" comment but was directed at your general posting on here. Got it?

You mention an insular culture, have you listened to the whines from AFL supporters when Adelaide Oval is going to be used for another sport or event leading up to a game? Or when their free public transport has a hiccup? Mate, it's some of the best insular navel gazing thinking you'd come across. Why do you think it's the reserve of soccer fans? What do you base this on? Too many questions to evade?
So, again. Have you ever been to a United game?

Jeez, I answered it directly by saying that the troll remark wasn't pointed at your "3 points" comment but was directed at your general posting on here. Got it?

You mention an insular culture, have you listened to the whines from AFL supporters when Adelaide Oval is going to be used for another sport or event leading up to a game? Or when their free public transport has a hiccup? Mate, it's some of the best insular navel gazing thinking you'd come across. Why do you think it's the reserve of soccer fans? What do you base this on? Too many questions to evade?
So, again. Have you ever been to a United game?

So you still failed to answer the question then?

I'll be the bigger person and answer your questions then:

- It's nothing compared to the '* off back to the AFL' whenever someone without a European accent turns up to Coopers Stadium. Heck, it's basically the response outsiders get posting on here.
- Been to enough games.

Your turn now.

Last edited:
So you still failed to answer the question then?

I'll be the bigger person and answer your questions then:

- It's nothing compared to the '**** off back to the AFL' whenever someone without a European accent turns up to Coopers Stadium. Heck, it's basically the response outsiders get posting on here.
- Been to enough games.

Your turn now.
I've never experienced that at a Reds game and my accent is very 'Aussie'

Adelaide City games on the other hand......

Last night the refereeing was bloody horrible.

The second goal where Eugene has the ball smashed out of his hands was a woeful decision. Should have been 1 - 1 result.

From memory, thats 3 or 4 games when the referee has a hand in the decision this season.

Last night the refereeing was bloody horrible.

The second goal where Eugene has the ball smashed out of his hands was a woeful decision. Should have been 1 - 1 result.

From memory, thats 3 or 4 games when the referee has a hand in the decision this season.
The decision against Eugene was fair IMO. The issue for mine is you wont see another one go that way all season. Goalkeepers get looked after way too much, so in isolation its fine but that decision came from nowhere.

Absolutely ridiculous. The weekly garbage guys like Popovic, Lowe, Muscat etc get away with and Gui gets a week AT BEST for that.

Yep, and whats more we bossed them for large parts.

Season starts next Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably our best result this season, Sydney kept scoreless for the first time this season, our defence and midfield looked solid. Our final touch and finishing is still poor. When Marrone comes back push Garruccio up to left wing, Milusevic to the bench. Obviously when Cirio is back he goes to the left wing. Kitto tries hard and works well in open play, however, he doesn't look capable of playing the full 90 minutes and his final touch and crossing is poor. I'm not sure what Gui does with Kitto, can Milusevic replace him on the right side or can Garruccio play there when Cirrio comes back? Finally some of our dilemmas are aren't bad dilemmas to have.

And why is Gui having to face the FFA Disciplinary Board this week after already serving his side line ban last night? If he gets anymore sanctions imposed this League is corrupt.

I've never experienced that at a Reds game and my accent is very 'Aussie'

Adelaide City games on the other hand......
Yep, I'm the last person that would look Greek or Italian and never ever have had that said to me at a game.....or even intimidated. In fact I've never had a problem at a game.

He got another week. You'd hope the club comes out with a pretty strong response to that.
Absolute joke! The crap that Muscat, Popovic, Lowe, Arnold give the fourth official every match will now require the FFA to act, if it's consistent.

We need to make a stand on Sunday. Turn our backs to the play at the 68th minute, walk out at the 68th minute?

Absolute joke! The crap that Muscat, Popovic, Lowe, Arnold give the fourth official every match will now require the FFA to act, if it's consistent.

We need to make a stand on Sunday. Turn our backs to the play at the 68th minute, walk out at the 68th minute?

Walkouts seemed to work during the active supporter group crisis last season may as well give it a crack with this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back