Adelaide United 2016/17 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to the 8K who turned up tonight, and the 4 sets of players who played (including the W League). Lady Reds finish off their season unbeaten in their last 5 games and have beaten 1st and 2nd. Not bad for a team who's coach left 3 weeks before the season.

Considering the 38 degree heat, surprised the FFA didn't push back the start times a couple of hours.

Considering the 38 degree heat, surprised the FFA didn't push back the start times a couple of hours.
They've done this a few times here now been to some fiercely hot games there that should have been moved.

Especially for the ladies - a 2:00 start in January is always asking for trouble.
I know it's a TV thing and Fox are pretty much funding the comp along with Westfield, but surely you have to think of the safety. The women in particular who are part timers in majority, shouldn't be asked to play in that.

Staggering really, the hottest sporting event I've ever been to.
Yeh I was expecting they'd make an announcement in the morning. There was a poor kid in the NW corner who was violently vomiting presumably on the way to the toilet with his mum, it seemed pretty obvious it was heat related.

And a European with an Asian passport, which would make him a +1 during Champions League. 3 imports are allowed plus a player from an Asian country.

At this stage I'd say Cirio, Isaias and these 2 newbies should they eventuate. Carrusca and La Rocca would miss, the latter's citizenship didn't arrive in time I believe to classify him as a 'local'

None announced, although Val did say we had signed a Senegalese striker. Free agent signings are allowed for 2 more weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who hasn't scored many goals?
This guy has scored over 70 goals in the top Spanish league, so if he's capable of that he'll be fine here.

If he's signed.

Pretty dire season. Once again we dominated large portions of the game and lost.

Will be only the 2nd side in A LEAGUE history to go from top to bottom, although others have gone close.

Could be almost a record low crowd tonight. Match delayed by an hour due to the heat, but only decided at 5.30 which is pathetic.

Now the suns gone down and the humidity is up. Couple that with a team who has well and truly fallen off the cliff and you don't get bums on seats.

3rd week in a row and 4th out of 5 that we've played in stupid conditions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back