Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are always rebuilding, I'm over that s**t.
Fair call but those 2 players aren't very good. I'd be giving the youngsters a go instead

The 'rebuild' stuff is league wide. Do well? Players get poached and leave for better money. Perth will lose Ikon at seasons end. Nature of the league and the idiocy of the FFA...May as well get used to 50% turnover year on year

We are always rebuilding, I'm over that s**t.
The point in this case is that Brook and Pacifique (Brook in particularly) would arguably offer far more and be better financially for the club in the long run. Brook looks to be very technically gifted which we lack, Milusenic and Kitto are hopeless without space and even with it they’re wasteful and can’t finish/cross. Their only value is running fast into space. We are wasting our time with them.

And you're one of the more positive supporters! Honestly hiring the Aloisi's would be like Port appointing Sando or Pyke or the Crows appointing Hinkley. The fans would leave in droves.
Ross left our club in disgrace and John has disgraced himself most occasions he's been here.

Joe Mullen is probably the best local option.

If it was Dumb and Dumber even I wouldn't renew

Ross left our club in disgrace and John has disgraced himself most occasions he's been here.

Joe Mullen is probably the best local option.

If it was Dumb and Dumber even I wouldn't renew
I have nothing but utter contempt for both of them.

Ilso didn't get a fair crack IMO. Baba..... Well yeah that was not a happy story for club, player or fans.

I disagree with your view on Piet, but he does have his vision of what he wants from the club. I don't see the issue, he inherited a lot of contracts and gave them a chance, now he wants to put his own stamp on the club..... that he owns !!!

Again, if we just make a decision on a coach and no one else it'll leave me very disappointed.

I liked his interview though, and quite frankly it's about time he's done one.

If he and the club carry out the stuff he says then we will be better off for it. I also like his reasoning for the Australian players, I'd never really thought of it like that. If clubs buy foreign strikers then how do we develop Socceroo goal scorers ?? Sounds simple but it makes sense.

I'd like a local state league coach come in. Europeans come here and try to use tactics that our players just cannot play. Keep it simple! This is closer to the state league than the EPL after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t access that article due to the paywall but hearing Val on Wednesday’s Daily Football Show podcast doesn’t fill me with confidence in where we’re going.

Vals just annoyed we got rid of someone he liked, wouldn't put too much into what he says.

I'd like a local state league coach come in. Europeans come here and try to use tactics that our players just cannot play. Keep it simple! This is closer to the state league than the EPL after all.
Sounds like we want a European surrounded by local coaches

Sounds like we want a European surrounded by local coaches
Then that European will make the same decisions currently holding us back? Look at the successful coaches

Popa, Muscat (inherited a squad and huge budget but still), Arnie, Rudan at WP this year been great. Stay local, keep it simple. We do not have the ability for fifa19 like formations and european tactics that require lots of skill.

Then that European will make the same decisions currently holding us back? Look at the successful coaches

Popa, Muscat (inherited a squad and huge budget but still), Arnie, Rudan at WP this year been great. Stay local, keep it simple. We do not have the ability for fifa19 like formations and european tactics that require lots of skill.
Agreed.

I would suggest the opposite and have an Aussie coach with some overseas assistants. Let them learn the way of the A League, have them coach the development squads and build up their local knowledge. Issue with that is getting them to come here under that role.

Agreed.

I would suggest the opposite and have an Aussie coach with some overseas assistants. Let them learn the way of the A League, have them coach the development squads and build up their local knowledge. Issue with that is getting them to come here under that role.
Agree on all counts. Is a good idea in theory but yeah slim chance a German, Spaniard etc is moving here to be an assistant

I am in full support of a local coach. Really hope we go that way, doubt we do though. They must have someone in mind already to make the decision during the season Kurz is gone

Agree on all counts. Is a good idea in theory but yeah slim chance a German, Spaniard etc is moving here to be an assistant

I am in full support of a local coach. Really hope we go that way, doubt we do though. They must have someone in mind already to make the decision during the season Kurz is gone
Piet is meeting with someone next week, so yeah we had someone on the go. Won't be long before Kurz is announced as Roar coach IMO.

Even worse squad and worse owners.

The way I see it with Kurz Is that he is/was a motivational style of manager. That's not to say he's not an intelligent guy, but he's clearly very rigid with structures and players he likes.

Once you hear the same message over and over the players tire of it, and that appears to be what happens. Poppa was the same at the Wanderers too. It happens.

Vals just annoyed we got rid of someone he liked, wouldn't put too much into what he says.
That’s pretty dismissive Shorty, the stuff he mentions about the possibilities of signings was pretty damning.
Again, if they have a bigger plan that’s thorough then I’ll give them the benefit but I’m not confident and j think your confidence is waivering also.

That’s pretty dismissive Shorty, the stuff he mentions about the possibilities of signings was pretty damning.
Again, if they have a bigger plan that’s thorough then I’ll give them the benefit but I’m not confident and j think your confidence is waivering also.
He's Rooch in disguise mate and it's also worth noting we gave Rob Greenwood the exclusive and not Val. He's a very spiteful character.

But yep, they need to inspire me over the off season. Not much point flicking the coach if we don't make other changes.

Back