Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we even afford it? I agree would be a great signing. Pretty sure Jurman and Jakobsen could play DM if needed, too.
We could afford it, but neither of those 2 strike me as great DMs, neither are super with the ball at feet

There needs to be pressure on Elsey and Jakobsen, last season there wasn't and they didn't perform to the standard they should have. Marrone is not pressure, he's a RB and signing an NPL CB is hardly pressure, either. I just don't like how we're in the same situation again like last season after Regan left. One of our CBs go down we're screwed...

Its a fine balance. 2 of our highest paid players are CBs and it would be 3 if Jurman came here, its not ideal.

I wouldnt mind if we signed him, Verbeek would know what to do

I just hope we move for SOMEONE in the next few weeks, because we need a backup. They're probably too busy with the Opseth situation at the moment.

I believe the PFA are dealing with that for us

Sergi Guardiola scored against Real on the weekend..... why couldn't we get that out of him.

Bloody hell that was a good team that took us from bottom to Champions, was one of the best seaaons of sport I've ever veen apart of. The grandfinal being in Adelaide was just incredibly epic, I partied so hard that night I had to call in sick the next day as I had no voice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell that was a good team that took us from bottom to Champions, was one of the best seaaons of sport I've ever veen apart of. The grandfinal being in Adelaide was just incredibly epic, I partied so hard that night I had to call in sick the next day as I had no voice.

Very special night. City went off after that - was brilliant.

Prelim was special as well. So tense.

I heard a rumour that one or our former Spaniards was, but that it would be Isa after his time in the Middle East was done.
I did hear that rumour - and saw Isa's name mentioned on the other forum. I have no doubt he will be back here when he's finished in the Middle East and I think his family is still here anyway?

But the Sanchez thing is just based on his last Instagram post which was quite random and some of the responses (ie; Dylan McGowan)

I did hear that rumour - and saw Isa's name mentioned on the other forum. I have no doubt he will be back here when he's finished in the Middle East and I think his family is still here anyway?

But the Sanchez thing is just based on his last Instagram post which was quite random and some of the responses (ie; Dylan McGowan)
Yeah his wife wasn't overly keen to move and wants the kids to go to school here. I'd be shocked if Isa finished his contract personally.

Pablo is a legend, would love him back here in any way possible.

Jakobsen gets the armband. Right choice IMO, couldn't see too many other candidates maybe aside from Marrone.

Also, Verbeek says our biggest priority is a Isa replacement.

Back