Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
We were 3-1 up and bottled it basically.

Words can't describe how proud I am of this team but we had that man.
we did, we really did.

surprised an obviously injured konsta took a pen, but full credit to him having the balls to do it. someone should've stepped up and taken it off him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
we did, we really did.

surprised an obviously injured konsta took a pen, but full credit to him having the balls to do it. someone should've stepped up and taken it off him.
I really don't know why he took one, anyone else would have been better besides Izzo.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
“Somewhat telegraphed penalty” - Andy Harper

hey shorty that’s about your boy Mileusnic, lol.

On a serious note, this sucks balls. Proud of the team though.
Captain missed one too champ.

Can't say much more than how proud of the side I am. Poor penalties ?? Yeah there were a few, but to put it in perspective you had Konsta on 1 leg, you had the captain absolutely gassed and he isn't a penalty taker, Baba played more minutes in 5 days than he did in 18 months and Izzo was crippled. Kitto maybe but we've all commented on his finishing.

To fight back not once but twice against Perth away from home says a lot. When the club decided to move Kurz on we could just as easily said "**** it we are done", we didn't.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think you are being quite kind to Milusenic though. He is a terrible footaballer. Certainly not hal standard but like it or not we are stuck with him next season.
I don't believe I am, but each to their own.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Nikola wasn't very good last night honestly, he needs to learn how to dribble. When he ran at defenders last night he just turned it over.

Woke up today and I'm still mad we didn't re-sign Kurz.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm not, the new guy seems cut from a very similar cloth. Passionate, loves hard workers and is slightly crazy.

Most of our squad have re-signed and we have 3 visa spots available. We showed enough last night to tell me the foundation is there.

As for Nikola, would have to agree he wasn't good last night. The gap between his best and worst is far too great. I just find the criticism of anyone last night a bit rich.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I saw that, and a few of our players have mentioned it on Twitter.

Made little difference to the result but once again the FFA manufacture a rule.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Nikola wasn't very good last night honestly, he needs to learn how to dribble. When he ran at defenders last night he just turned it over.

Woke up today and I'm still mad we didn't re-sign Kurz.
He is never going to learn. His first touch is the worst in the aleague. Nothing against him but he’s crap. And certainly no blame attached to last night. He’s trying.

Back