Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Verbeek named as coach.

Looking at his style and record, he seems like a Dutch Marco Kurz. Passionate, bit crazy and has vast coaching experience.

Now let's see who he can bring in and whether we open up the wallet. Troisi's name being dropped by Val as well as Ryan McGowan and Bradden Inman.

Expect an announcement on our new goalkeeper coach pretty soon too.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think we should all be like that, and that falls to Ante and Co. He's already put a bit of heat on the club through the media too, which adds to what Kurz did.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good start for the new owners. Sack a coach the members/fans liked then lose your longest serving (?) player and captain. But hey, at least we still have Mileusnic /s

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not sure you can blame the club for Isa, was always a huge risk once he became an Aussie citizen

I suspect we haven't seen the last of him here either.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Goody is looking, as is his right. Far far too good for this league.

Isa going to Qatar could be a blessing.... like many I reckon he will come back within a year

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
how long did milligan last? 6 months?
Most of the Aussie do.

Probably more to do with the fact the wives have almost nothing to do, and youre surrounded by desert

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
wtf have we appointed Djite as director of football for?

btw - I see Guardiola is playing in La Liga - could always tell he was talented in his short spell here (surprising he came here really) even though he didn't click and the fans got on his back, you could see the ability there and when he was here the team was struggling big time which didn't help either. At the end of his spell with us he started to get more used to teammates etc and playing better but by then he was already on his way back.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
wtf have we appointed Djite as director of football for?

btw - I see Guardiola is playing in La Liga - could always tell he was talented in his short spell here (surprising he came here really) even though he didn't click and the fans got on his back, you could see the ability there and when he was here the team was struggling big time which didn't help either. At the end of his spell with us he started to get more used to teammates etc and playing better but by then he was already on his way back.
Yeah people ripped on him, but he was clearly talented. It's no shock to see him have a good career back home.

As for Djite, I'm not sure it's the best idea to have him as director straight off the bat but he's an intelligent bloke who knows the game and the political side of it.

Would welcome him back in some capacity

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Isa confirmed gone. Worst day as a United fan since he signed, devastating loss. It's not going to be the same without him. Mr. Reliable I like to call him, we could always rely on him for anything. It's a sad day :(

If Goodwin leaves as well we are in trouble for next season. It's easy to say we can replace them with equal or better quality but I doubt that will happen. Losing two players like that is going to hurt so much if it happens.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wouldn't give the captaincy to Goody in a million years, he doesn't need it. Don't think he stays either.

The owners have got their coach in, so let's see what they've got.

Back