Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Good family, and Riley wanted to come back earlier however Brugge blocked the loan back.

I wonder what the setup is here.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's a big deal, and perhaps a signal of intent.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Find it staggering that is the first time the club has paid a transfer fee. They’ve only been around 15 years..
We've never had the money.

Very very few A League clubs have paid a fee

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Ecstatic to get Riley back. I was very disappointed when he left and then to see him used sporadically at City hurt my soul last season, the bloke was better than most players at the club.

Our new number 8 :hearts:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Huge money, not all that unexpected.

Lose your 2 best players in 1 off season, not great. Replaced Isa with McGree so let's see what we can come up with here. Suspect it'll be Troisi.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
McGree is more talented than Goodwin. Has much more to his game than Goody. I know they play different positions but McGree will be a socceroos regular in the future (injury being kind). As much of a flog Troisi is I would take him right now. At least he is an SA boy.
McGree also has a better attitude than Grumpy Goody.

If we recruit right we will be fine, and I have more faith than I did this time last year.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
McGree also has a better attitude than Grumpy Goody.

If we recruit right we will be fine, and I have more faith than I did this time last year.
Really? We're still in desperate need of a goal scorer before I'm remotely happy. McGree is a great addition but we took 2 steps backwards to get there (losing Isa and Goody).

I heard Keogh may be on the move from Perth. Is that a viable option? We wouldn't be smart enough to pay him but we'd finally have a 10+ goal a year player who doesn't get injured every week...

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Really? We're still in desperate need of a goal scorer before I'm remotely happy. McGree is a great addition but we took 2 steps backwards to get there (losing Isa and Goody).

I heard Keogh may be on the move from Perth. Is that a viable option? We wouldn't be smart enough to pay him but we'd finally have a 10+ goal a year player who doesn't get injured every week...
McGree will be enormous for us, make no mistake.

We do need a goalscorer though that's for sure, plenty of time for that of course. I don't get the money remark, I mean we've just paid a transfer fee for the first time in club history and you've got the Head of Football telling everyone we will spend more than ever.

I'd say that's positive signs.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
McGree will be enormous for us, make no mistake.

We do need a goalscorer though that's for sure, plenty of time for that of course. I don't get the money remark, I mean we've just paid a transfer fee for the first time in club history and you've got the Head of Football telling everyone we will spend more than ever.

I'd say that's positive signs.
We aren't exactly known for bringing in the expensive players. Hopefully that changes of course but anyone who's followed this club a long time has a right to be pessimistic when it comes to our signings...

I'd be a bit disappointed if we brought in Troisi after he's rejected us a number of times but he would be a decent in admittedly. Whatever we do, whatever we spend, just get the striker decision right for once.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If he's here for the right reasons, Troisi will be fine...... If.

First trial against MetroStars tonight.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Pretty dissapointed at Goodwin to say I want to be captain of the club and then pisses off to the middle east a month later... that only benefits his bank balance it wont help him get a socceroos gig, or develop into a better player.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Pretty dissapointed at Goodwin to say I want to be captain of the club and then pisses off to the middle east a month later... that only benefits his bank balance it wont help him get a socceroos gig, or develop into a better player.
Pretty much exactly why I never wanted him as captain.

Back