Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd back in Ajax Reserves to make a mess of most A League sides.

As I said though, this guy shouldn't be this bad. I mean yeah it would take a while to get used to the hard decks and heat but wow he looks every bit a park footballer.

The fact we can't cross doesn't help him but we did land a couple last night and he was pitiful.

I spoke to someone within the club during the week, and they said Baba is in a really bad way. Not to try and excuse him but this particular person said he's struggling mentally really badly, he's never been injured before he left Europe and just isn't dealing with it.

This bloke said it would be no surprise to see him retire. Hates that he's let fans down and the club.

I know we rip into the bloke and there's no chance he reads this forum but it's probably worth remembering.
the annoyance with baba isnt anything to do with him as a player or as a person. just frustration that he can't get out on the park, and a club like ours can't have that happen with the big marquee signing.

the annoyance with baba isnt anything to do with him as a player or as a person. just frustration that he can't get out on the park, and a club like ours can't have that happen with the big marquee signing.
Agreed, but a few people have been getting stuck into the bloke which isn't fair.

Adds to the is it Kurz training that's causing the injuries
It's taken 18 months for people to wise up, but this is definitely the case.

What's made it worse was we were completely the opposite under Amor so the players who remained were so underdone

Sounds like we have a new assistant coach if you believe the paper.

We absolutely owned that game too, had so many quality chances, Eugene on fire and they had 1 chance.
Sadly the (E)FFA effectively owned us that season, I remember we had to hand over the majority of the prize money earnt from the ACL & CWC (was disturbuted between the other clubs), yet I don’t think the wanderers had to share their prize money from their 2014 campaign?!?. That GF result was pretty much them saying ‘f*** you AUFC, you deserved nothing!!!’

Us missing out on hosting the WC was pretty much a bit of karma for the (E)FFA’s mismanagement

Yeah I don't buy that, it's very Sydney centric sure but Melbourne get done over just as much.

Marrone signed for another year and Kurz at the top of Brisbane’s list of wanted coaches.
Anyone got any update on Baba? I mate told me he was a chance of returning soon.

He is a slight chance, probably the last 2 games.

I like Marrone so that's good news.

Kurz gawn IMO

I understand his frustrations but having a whinge in the public domain isn't pretty.

We best get a good replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand his frustrations but having a whinge in the public domain isn't pretty.

We best get a good replacement.
Agree but if he’s being treated poorly and banging his head against a brick wall as suggested in the media then I don’t blame him. The next 6 months will be telling.

The club has put out a statement.

Gee this is messy

I doubt it, he's not going to get long enough to do so.

2 or 3 games isn't going to get you a new deal...... If he plays that many. I feel for the bloke actually, cops so much from the fans and for what ?? It's not like the bloke wants to be injured.

Back