Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I’m done. Won’t be going to another game while Piet is the owner.

Hope Kurz goes to an opposition club where he gets the respect and support he deserves.
Oh please his style of football is putrid. He has completely frozen Ilso out who looks to be our only creative influence. Our injury record can be attributed to his methods as well. The club made the right decision.

People seem to be ignoring how good of a coach Kurz is. The injuries aren't just his fault so the training and medical stuff can piss off with him.

Apostolos gone now too, saw that coming. Baba, ilso, Jordy, Kitto and Lia can all go too. Our four and only strikers will be leaving the club in one off-season, that's where the club is at. Appalling.

is our injury record worse than anyone elses or compounded by our thin squad?
We always seem to have a poor injury record, much like the Crows. I think this season it's a bit of both. The lack of CB cover has killed our season. Our third choice CB was Taylor Regan who is an average footballer. Elsey and Jakobsen have been way too comfortable this season and it has shown.

We always seem to have a poor injury record, much like the Crows. I think this season it's a bit of both. The lack of CB cover has killed our season. Our third choice CB was Taylor Regan who is an average footballer. Elsey and Jakobsen have been way too comfortable this season and it has shown.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adelaide-united/ausfallzeiten/verein/875

this is quite a good graph showing players we've had out for whatever reason, be it injury or not picked

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adelaide-united/ausfallzeiten/verein/875

this is quite a good graph showing players we've had out for whatever reason, be it injury or not picked
Only Izzo, Galloway, Goodwin and Isaias the only players to start every game in the entire squad. The graph also shows how Jakobsen and Elsey have basically only missed games through injury/suspension, not dropped once. If we had a better CB there is no way Elsey starts every game when fit. Strain has started more games than Marrone and he has had a terrible season.

People seem to be ignoring how good of a coach Kurz is. The injuries aren't just his fault so the training and medical stuff can piss off with him.

Apostolos gone now too, saw that coming. Baba, ilso, Jordy, Kitto and Lia can all go too. Our four and only strikers will be leaving the club in one off-season, that's where the club is at. Appalling.
He isn't that good of a coach, or we wouldn't sit here every week and moan about how boring we are to watch or how rubbish our home record is.

AP is leaving because Kurz didn't give him the time of day, the decision wasn't made today.

Why he or Ilso haven't started instead of Thomassen is beyond me. And no Ilso isn't dog s**t, he provides more than our summer signing in his 10 minute cameos.

Only Izzo, Galloway, Goodwin and Isaias the only players to start every game in the entire squad. The graph also shows how Jakobsen and Elsey have basically only missed games through injury/suspension, not dropped once. If we had a better CB there is no way Elsey starts every game when fit. Strain has started more games than Marrone and he has had a terrible season.
Your last 2 sentences are correct but here's the thing..... We HAD a better CB in Regan and we never played him so he left. Strain has worse crossing ability than I do and he starts at RB every week...... that's coaching.

So is picking Lia not konsta or Brook, as is picking Thomassen and not AP. Pacifique has been flying in the NPL and can't even make the bench.

We've ran Goody and Isa into the ground to the point where they are now liabilities.

He wasn't a bad coach as such, but he wasn't going to take us very far.

He isn't that good of a coach, or we wouldn't sit here every week and moan about how boring we are to watch or how rubbish our home record is.

AP is leaving because Kurz didn't give him the time of day, the decision wasn't made today.

Why he or Ilso haven't started instead of Thomassen is beyond me. And no Ilso isn't dog s**t, he provides more than our summer signing in his 10 minute cameos.

All our strikers suck or are always injured. I'm happy they will all be gone (besides AP). Every time Ilso started 1 or 2 games he never proved he deserved to start more. He has had no consistency in his game because he hasn't had continuous starts but that is partly his fault due to form.

AP started 3 of the first 5 games he played this season and then wasn't seen again. I don't think with 3 other experienced strikers in the squad he should be starting very often but we should have seen more of him off the bench.

There was a clear lack of trust in Kurz this season and it was blatantly obvious. Sure he has made mistakes but when the club isn't backing you I'm not sure what you expected from him.

Your last 2 sentences are correct but here's the thing..... We HAD a better CB in Regan and we never played him so he left. Strain has worse crossing ability than I do and he starts at RB every week...... that's coaching.

So is picking Lia not konsta or Brook, as is picking Thomassen and not AP. Pacifique has been flying in the NPL and can't even make the bench.

We've ran Goody and Isa into the ground to the point where they are now liabilities.

He wasn't a bad coach as such, but he wasn't going to take us very far.
Personally I don't think Regan is better than Elsey or Jakobsen, he has always been bang on average his whole career.

Playing Lia over Konsta so often I haven't agreed with.

Thomassen was brought to the club as a last resort in hope we can make top 4 is how I see it. It hasn't worked out.

Screenshot_20190320-200332_Samsung Internet.jpg

Make of this what you will.

It wasn't just AP, Armiento delivered the cross of the year against Brisbane and we've barely seen him since. D'Arrigo hardly sighted, Brook not at all.

As I said, I'm OK with the decision IF we get a decent structure and recruit well. This is their chance to stamp their mark on the club and they had better do it.

Personally I don't think Regan is better than Elsey or Jakobsen, he has always been bang on average his whole career.

Playing Lia over Konsta so often I haven't agreed with.

Thomassen was brought to the club as a last resort in hope we can make top 4 is how I see it. It hasn't worked out.
Anyone would have been better than Jordan early in the year. We dug ourselves into a hole with selections.

Let's throw out a scenario - From what we actually saw of Baba, he can definitely play. If we had him in full flight I STILL don't think our style was good enough to consistently match the top 3. Goody is the only bloke in the squad who can hit a cross and even he isn't consistent. Our plan is so predictable to set up against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 638034

It wasn't just AP, Armiento delivered the cross of the year against Brisbane and we've barely seen him since. D'Arrigo hardly sighted, Brook not at all.

As I said, I'm OK with the decision IF we get a decent structure and recruit well. This is their chance to stamp their mark on the club and they had better do it.

You go on about all these young guys but they're not even bench players if we have no injuries. You don't just play kids for the hell of it. Kurz wants to win so he's not going to blood kids, that's basically conceding the season and being like the Mariners.

We are still in the 6 and have been in the top 4 for like 3/4 of the season, I wouldn't expect to see so many kids blooded every week when a team is trying to make top 4.

Anyone would have been better than Jordan early in the year. We dug ourselves into a hole with selections.

Let's throw out a scenario - From what we actually saw of Baba, he can definitely play. If we had him in full flight I STILL don't think our style was good enough to consistently match the top 3. Goody is the only bloke in the squad who can hit a cross and even he isn't consistent. Our plan is so predictable to set up against.
Regan wouldn't have saved our season mate, he wouldn't even start every week at the Mariners.

I can't even be bothered with Baba, I was saying the same stuff this time last year and somehow he still plays for the club.

The thing is Victory and Sydney haven't even had great seasons. Perth are the best team by far, the other two are beatable.

He wouldn't have saved our season, but to say he wouldn't start at the Mariners is complete dribble..... you're better than that. If a player is out of form you usually drop them.... not Marco.

While not converting enough goals early in the season we were providing a lot of entries which was at least entertaining and provided hope, now there’s nothing, no goals, no entries and little hope of a win.
The victory game late in the season will be the lowest crowd for this clash ever.....by a very long way. And that’s sad.

While not converting enough goals early in the season we were providing a lot of entries which was at least entertaining and provided hope, now there’s nothing, no goals, no entries and little hope of a win.
The victory game late in the season will be the lowest crowd for this clash ever.....by a very long way. And that’s sad.
100%

I'll go, but it's hard work going to our games these days.

View attachment 638034

And Brook looked very, very good in the little I saw of him last season (as a 16 year old). I don’t think he’s going backwards but has been nowhere near the squad this season.

You go on about all these young guys but they're not even bench players if we have no injuries. You don't just play kids for the hell of it. Kurz wants to win so he's not going to blood kids, that's basically conceding the season and being like the Mariners.

We are still in the 6 and have been in the top 4 for like 3/4 of the season, I wouldn't expect to see so many kids blooded every week when a team is trying to make top 4.

How do you know they’re not bench players? Anyone who saw Brook last season saw what he is/was capable of and Pacifique is delivering and has earnt a chance. Particuarly considering the misfiring strikers.

How do you know they’re not bench players? Anyone who saw Brook last season saw what he is/was capable of and Pacifique is delivering and has earnt a chance. Particuarly considering the misfiring strikers.
Because realistically they wouldn't push out the likes of Mileusnic, Kitto, Blackwood from the squad, assuming those players would be on the bench if we had no injuries.

Players like them are still very young and raw, so I don't see much of an issue not playing them this season.

Because realistically they wouldn't push out the likes of Mileusnic, Kitto, Blackwood from the squad, assuming those players would be on the bench if we had no injuries.

Players like them are still very young and raw, so I don't see much of an issue not playing them this season.
Given how many injuries we've had and how they've performed when they have played, it makes no sense NOT to play them.

They barely featured in the Cup either, which was the perfect time.

They're not irreplaceable. Kitto and Mileusnic are good state league players, bang average A-League players. Why wouldn't the young blokes replace them? I'd be all for moving those 2 I mentioned on, we need to rebuild. We've seen what they can do, it isn't good enough contrary to what those wearing bias red glasses say, give the kids a shot.

They're not irreplaceable. Kitto and Mileusnic are good state league players, bang average A-League players. Why wouldn't the young blokes replace them? I'd be all for moving those 2 I mentioned on, we need to rebuild. We've seen what they can do, it isn't good enough contrary to what those wearing bias red glasses say, give the kids a shot.
We are always rebuilding, I'm over that s**t.

Back