Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not quite match fit yet, will play the next trial.

Toure looked very good in his time on the pitch.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Are we signing another CB? Really don't like the idea of Marrone being the backup and Elsey/Jakobsen being too comfortable again this season.
I think so but I think an attacking mid is first on the list. I reckon it's likely we sign an NPL defender as cover.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Eh.

Last season we were lacking at CB and looks like it'll be the same this season.
I guess it's hard to sign experience when you know you'll be playing 3rd fiddle all season. Much like KPDs in the AFL system, there's plenty of solid CBs around.

Unlike our previous coaching staff it sounds like these guys actually watch NPL games.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Semi would be good, and with Opsal gaining fitness and 2 more first 11 players still to come in, that would be the aim.

Felt we looked a little scratchy in defence at times, but we did try and push much harder than we did under Kurz.

Can't take a whole heap from the game though

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
What's the situation with Opseth? Still not available to play because his former club want more money?
basically he left his turkish club for nothing because they didnt pay him. the turkish club deny this and want us to pay a million dollar transfer fee, which obviously we cannot do.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
basically he left his turkish club for nothing because they didnt pay him. the turkish club deny this and want us to pay a million dollar transfer fee, which obviously we cannot do.
So we might not even be getting him unless we pay them? Or will this turn into a legal battle?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So we might not even be getting him unless we pay them? Or will this turn into a legal battle?
As long as he can prove they didn't pay him it'll be fine, Turkish clubs have a habit of it.

Should be ready by the next round if we win tomorrow.

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
So we are signing a Chinese player. We then must sign 1 more player in total, and another U21 player on a proper contract. Whether that will just be the one other than the Chinese is yet to be known.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Toure has been signed, and we are looking for a quality Aussie player to complete the roster.

Back