Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Championship is a fair step up. Roughly $2m for us.
He signed for Charlotte FC in the MLS but he's loaned to Birmingham as they don't debut until next season. It'd be great if he can get minutes there and show that he's up to that standard instead of wasting away in the MLS.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Championship is a fair step up. Roughly $2m for us.
He signed for Charlotte FC in the MLS but he's loaned to Birmingham as they don't debut until next season. It'd be great if he can get minutes there and show that he's up to that standard instead of wasting away in the MLS.
This, if he was a straight up Birmingham player all good, but he gets a season and then back to the MLS.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
AUFC will be very lucky to have 2000 members next season

All clubs will struggle anyway but you can't have an exodus of players, sign Aloisi who is disliked by many and expect people to pay.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
AUFC will be very lucky to have 2000 members next season

All clubs will struggle anyway but you can't have an exodus of players, sign Aloisi who is disliked by many and expect people to pay.
The exodus I'm not terribly worried about. We've got replacements for all bar McGree already there.

Got a sneaky suspicion Margus will come back to fill the keeper spot.

But yes, Rossco.....

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The exodus I'm not terribly worried about. We've got replacements for all bar McGree already there.

Got a sneaky suspicion Margus will come back to fill the keeper spot.

But yes, Rossco.....
We might have some potential quality BUT that doesn't put bums in seats. McGree out for a player equally as good but not as known isn't bringing punters in...

Hopefully he plays attacking football (looks like he will) so that's good to watch at least but this is going to be a very grim season for the league. I'm not sure it'll survive much longer TBH

Can't have players leaving to play in India and Greek 2nd division. Awful look

The club Izzo has moved to is owned by an Aussie now with Popovic in charge
It's still a terrible move. In terms of quality, the Greek Second League is probably even a step down from the A-League.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Could be the end of the A League this year IMO.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They filling the corners in? Love Hindmarsh away, done it a few times. Gotta love how there is a church joining onto the ground.
No they aren't sadly. Roof goes on the eastern side which is well overdue and I think just a bit upgrade on existing stands.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Didn't take him long

Val is defending him on Twitter.... What a flog. Adelaide was never big enough for him.

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Typical troisi snake, I wish him zero luck, especially when we play wsw.

Now who to replace him with, I hear Amini is returning to Australia, but he’ll probably go back to the marinaras despite said team being largely irrelevant these days.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Didn't take him long

Val is defending him on Twitter.... What a flog. Adelaide was never big enough for him.

Now who to replace him with, I hear Amini is returning to Australia, but he’ll probably go back to the marinaras despite said team being largely irrelevant these days.

Was always a matter of time, thing is it's not even a decent overseas move why bother!

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Jackson Irvine is looking for a club, we could do worse.

Back