Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
As a defender less so I guess, but definetly a risk. Nice to have Baba to come off the pine if we need

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Team needs time to gel. No one stood out today or had any real powerful impact on the game. We have some really talented imports and they need to be creating more. Hopefully they get it together in the next few weeks.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Felt Adlung was good actually, Matmour had his moments too. Travelling down there r1 is a tough ask but happy with a point.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
They were 2 of our better players. Hopefully we can win at Suncorp next week, we like a win there.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
laughable that baba didn't come on. Blackwood has scored one competitive goal for us in 4 games now starting as the striker and that was a penalty....
Yeah not sure what's going on there but Blackwood can't be our main striker, he just won't score enough goals. Hopefully it's nothing serious between Baba and Kurz because we need him playing and more importantly starting every week.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Regan coming off probably put the spanner in the works, I reckon Baba would have come on.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Regan coming off probably put the spanner in the works, I reckon Baba would have come on.
We need a goal and most of our chances are coming aerially.... kitto came on and did alright, forget who else came on near the end which probably explains it.

Reality is though Blackwood looks limited and no better than Marino. We need Baba and Blackwood doesn't have the form to keep anyone out of tbe aide.

Aside from that and all things considered i was reasonably happy with yesterday. Limited their chances and had three very good chances to win it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I agree, but again Baba is very much out of shape and we had 2 other guys out on their feet.

I'm a bit disappointed but at the same time we have a 5 day turn around from a trip to Wellington so I'd expect Kurz to throw the team around a bit. We've also got a cup game soon, we need to find out if we have some depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really should have won the game and had enough chances, but it was frustrating seeing the players make the wrong decision more often than not, either taking too many touches and trying to be cute when a shot would have done, or else shooting from a tight angle when a better option in the centre was available. Hopefully just getting the rust out and starting to figure out the best way to play with each other.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Adlung looks like a player who is keen to pull the strings in midfield, it'll be interesting to see how he fits in with Isa

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Regan out for 10-12 weeks with syndesmosis to the ankle.

Enter round 1 with only Elrich injured, lose another defender for 3 months.

So it begins!

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Elsey steps straight in, Warland to the bench

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Different isn't a bad thing though, Reegs and Gulum are very similar.

Agree we will miss him but good thing being Elsey played all pre season and was impressive

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Elsey really needs to step up now. It's not like Regan is one of the best CB's in the league but he has done a good job since coming here. Elsey has a great opportunity now so hopefully he and Gulum can stay fit (asking a lot) because we need them badly.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Elsey was good when he first started for us a few years ago but then had that shocking season when our defence was a shambles and then injured.
Hopefully he can regain that initial form.

Back