Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He is never going to learn. His first touch is the worst in the aleague. Nothing against him but he’s crap. And certainly no blame attached to last night. He’s trying.
Worst in the A League ?? C'mon

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
I'm not going to be hard on anyone because I've never seen a more resilient effort from the club, just a few minor things like Nikola, why Kitto didn't take a pen over Konsta, stuff like that.

I will wait and see on the new coach. I'm hoping he can keep the passion and resilience within the entire squad because if we get luck with injuries next season, sign some good imports, we can go one further.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm not going to be hard on anyone because I've never seen a more resilient effort from the club, just a few minor things like Nikola, why Kitto didn't take a pen over Konsta, stuff like that.

I will wait and see on the new coach. I'm hoping he can keep the passion and resilience within the entire squad because if we get luck with injuries next season, sign some good imports, we can go one further.
The Kitto thing is a bit puzzling, it's almost like they had the order picked before seeing the game.

Game probably should have been over before then though, ah well.

I rate that performance almost as good as I've ever seen from our club. No one, including us gave us any hope and to fight back the way we did was huge.

It was the right decision to give Baba the flick, by my god we saw in the last 2 weeks why he played at the level he did.

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
I'm a lot more calm since last night. The old AUFC probably would've allowed the hosts to run all over the top, but they certainly showed massive heart.

I hope the board's decision to not offer Kurz a contract does not come back to bite us on-field next season & beyond, certainly not the worst coach we've had.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
What a game, still amazed at what I watched last night. Incredibly proud of Kurz and the players to almost pull off the impossible despite the best efforts of the owners to totally f*** up the season, what a roller coaster ride.
The contrasts in how we’re refereed compared to our opponents in the last two games is stark.
All the best to Perth, hope they do the double and embarrass their opponent.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
So gutted but gee that was a monumental effort we took it right up them. Izzo keeping during the match was a little off but he saved 3 penalties and normally that's enough.

I know Isasis will be shattered but that man has led our club beautifully has played every minute of every game.

I'll miss Marco, hope the new guy is good

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
What's up with Galloway leaving for City? Money? It can't be opportunity because we're the first club to give him an opportunity to play every week so I'd feel pretty deflated if he's left for money.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's up with Galloway leaving for City? Money? It can't be opportunity because we're the first club to give him an opportunity to play every week so I'd feel pretty deflated if he's left for money.
Delusion. If he's at City he's closer to Europe through the ties the club has

What he fails to realise is he wasn't even A-League standard 12 months ago (if he was he wouldn't have been recycled through the league to get to us), let alone European standard...

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
presume it's money. delusional if he thinks he's good enough for europe. he's a wa boy too, so isnt going back home.

or maybe everyone who plays for us is now contractually obligated to go play for city.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Delusion. If he's at City he's closer to Europe through the ties the club has

What he fails to realise is he wasn't even A-League standard 12 months ago (if he was he wouldn't have been recycled through the league to get to us), let alone European standard...

presume it's money. delusional if he thinks he's good enough for europe. he's a wa boy too, so isnt going back home.

or maybe everyone who plays for us is now contractually obligated to go play for city.

No way is he good enough for Europe the bloke was barely A-League standard before this season. We give him the best opportunity he's ever had this season and he pisses off to City of all clubs? Ridiculous and disappointing to say the least if it's just about money.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I know I’ve been sceptical about the direction of the club but now that I know our prospective new coach is impressed by our zoo and botanic gardens all my concerns are eased.

A1DBAB7C-5330-4840-8150-BDCD4AAD170B.jpeg

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It’s Troisi, Ryan MacGowan, and Inman. All free agents. Troisi keen to return according to the report.
Troisi keen to return... that’s nice. The *head has been ignoring us for 10 years and has signed for the Victory about 40 times... good SA boy. Now he’s obviously unwanted... thanks James. * off James.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anyone see Val’s player ratings in the paper over the weekend? Haha

The guy is a poor journalist, we all know that but this just takes it to another level. Pretty much gave the whole squad at least 7’s.. the only players he didnt give that score to were Ilso (no longer in the country) and Tomassen (also assume no longer in the country and just terrible). He is such a pathetic suck up, a cheerleader,l and worst of all he is a terrible journalist/writer. Rob Greenwood is 100x better and his articles are actually insightful.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why ?? We haven't even seen what the new coach brings.

We do have a new goalkeeping coach though, Val tweeted a pic that looks suspiciously like Eugene.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Nope, all back home.

I'd be shocked if he stayed here.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Why ?? We haven't even seen what the new coach brings.

We do have a new goalkeeping coach though, Val tweeted a pic that looks suspiciously like Eugene.

Because we saw what the team can do with him in charge. We were inches away from a GF even after a rubbish first half of the season. The new coach could lead us to a bottom 6 finish, who knows. Obviously I wanted Kurz to stay and seeing how much better the team became leading up to the finals really annoys me that we told him during the season he wasn't wanted.

Back