Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Needs to do what Mooy did that being go to a championship club. Perfect move for him at his age. He’s better than Luongo and that long haired dude who have been playing there a while.
Nah Irvine is a good player, the things he could to do teams in the HAL......

McGree though, he's a special talent. Bit of a big headed idiot off the field which could hurt him in the big time, but he's plenty good enough.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Higher I reckon. Always felt that we need to capitalise on years where one of Sydney or Melbourne are crap.
Victory always come good, let's not get carried away here, somehow they always find a way. They weren't even the best team in 2018 and won the title. I do believe we are good enough at the moment to be in the top 4 talk.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Needs to do what Mooy did that being go to a championship club. Perfect move for him at his age. He’s better than Luongo and that long haired dude who have been playing there a while.
McGree could definitely do well in the championship, has a way to go to be at Mooy level though obviously.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Victory always come good, let's not get carried away here, somehow they always find a way. They weren't even the best team in 2018 and won the title. I do believe we are good enough at the moment to be in the top 4 talk.
Kurz tends to have his team's finish strong, however they'll be coming from a way back.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United

Yeah, that's the crappy finals system for you though. Should be the original system, top 4 home and away legs 1v2, 3v4 and then a prelim and GF. Get into the 6 and you're only 3 games away now. Top 4 should be the bare minimum IMO.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah, that's the crappy finals system for you though. Should be the original system, top 4 home and away legs 1v2, 3v4 and then a prelim and GF. Get into the 6 and you're only 3 games away now. Top 4 should be the bare minimum IMO.
If we can finish top 2 I think we make the GF, coming to Hindmarsh in the finals is incredibly difficult.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
We played some wonderful stuff last night. Just kept attacking. I love Maria and D’Arrigo and I actually thought Blackwood was decent as well. Marriane good too though he is one that worries me at times.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
George had his moments, mostly with back towards goal and in midfield. But if we're going to use him as a winger he needs to start getting those crosses in early.

He and Nikola waited too long at times when they had clear space to hit.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Great win last night and to think it was without Elsey, Boland and Halloran.
Victory look lost, Toivonen was the only real threat, Nabbout offered stuff all. Great goal by Maria, reminded me of Tarek’s from a few years ago.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Great win last night and to think it was without Elsey, Boland and Halloran.
Victory look lost, Toivonen was the only real threat, Nabbout offered stuff all. Great goal by Maria, reminded me of Tarek’s from a few years ago.
I think without Elsey is not entirely accurate in the context of Marrone outpeforming him as a cb. Elsey is too error prone for mine. I would also argue that there’s no first XI position for Boland - can’t play the Isaias/d’arrigo position (to date hasn’t shown this capability) and won’t displace Troisi or Riley as an attacking mid.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I think without Elsey is not entirely accurate in the context of Marrone outpeforming him as a cb. Elsey is too error prone for mine. I would also argue that there’s no first XI position for Boland - can’t play the Isaias/d’arrigo position (to date hasn’t shown this capability) and won’t displace Troisi or Riley as an attacking mid.
My point is that both have been first pick players in the recent past, despite what you think about them now they still offer that or very strong back up as subs.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's weak

But we don't deserve to be in this game

Back