Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have been a lot in the western stand as the crowd didn't even look to be 3k on TV.

When are the league going to learn no one likes Sunday arvo kickoffs. Isn't like TV ratings are any good to dictate this either...Trial Thursday nights or something new, Sunday is arse, especially in the heat.

Whoever went yesterday is loyal, or stupid. I wouldn't be caught dead going to a Sunday arvo v Jets in the heat...
They were doing $10 ticket upgrades to the western stand.

Agree with what most have already mentioned, the heat wasn’t too bad but stuffed if I’d be sitting out in the sun on the eastern side. Some of our passing was the worst I’ve seen for some time and the total lack of effort, run and pressure should’ve cost us the game.

His passing is very average and he does make a lot of mistakes with the ball. I’ve reserved my judgment and yes he is young but at this point in time see him as a weakness in the side.
Can’t agree with you there. He had one average game, but for an 18 year old, he’s been fantastic.

Can’t agree with you there. He had one average game, but for an 18 year old, he’s been fantastic.
Has he though? Or has he been ‘fantastic’ because he’s 18. He has been poor the last two games as well.

Don’t think he has any notable attributes as a player, same with O’Doherty said the same thing about him when he was here.

I think people have gone way overboard on d’arrigo. The effort is there and so is the application but not sure the rest of it is.

Has he though? Or has he been ‘fantastic’ because he’s 18. He has been poor the last two games as well.

Don’t think he has any notable attributes as a player, same with O’Doherty said the same thing about him when he was here.

I think people have gone way overboard on d’arrigo. The effort is there and so is the application but not sure the rest of it is.
I never liked O’Doherty and definitely never praised him. Bad comparison.

For starters, D’Arrigo has outstanding vision all over the park, which is incredible for such a young and inexperienced player. He’s 18 and he will only get better with age. The club made a good move signing him up for the next few years. Being proactive for once.

I never liked O’Doherty and definitely never praised him. Bad comparison.

For starters, D’Arrigo has outstanding vision all over the park, which is incredible for such a young and inexperienced player. He’s 18 and he will only get better with age. The club made a good move signing him up for the next few years. Being proactive for once.
Anyway, agree to disagree at this point. I do see your point and obviously I hope I end up being proven wrong.

Read on the other forum there are rumours about Halloran and Strain.

In both cases I could handle it but the issue is our squad is too thin.

Halloran is too much like Milusenic. Halloran's work rate, speed and positioning is all excellent but technically he is very lacking and often too wasteful. His crossing/shooting is very average and most of his goals are tap-ins. I prefer Milusenic.

Strain used to be one of my favourites but this season he has been disappointing. Marrone may soon shift to the right with Strain on the bench. Trouble is what defensive back-up do we actually have?

Halloran and Milusenic are both great to have in tandem when teams leave space behind to attack and counter.
But when they're compact and sit deeper the two of them in tandem are not effective and that's when we've struggled.
Teams are starting to figure out how to play against us and the combination of those two are not working.

Read on the other forum there are rumours about Halloran and Strain.

In both cases I could handle it but the issue is our squad is too thin.

Halloran is too much like Milusenic. Halloran's work rate, speed and positioning is all excellent but technically he is very lacking and often too wasteful. His crossing/shooting is very average and most of his goals are tap-ins. I prefer Milusenic.

Strain used to be one of my favourites but this season he has been disappointing. Marrone may soon shift to the right with Strain on the bench. Trouble is what defensive back-up do we actually have?
Val is reporting we're close to signing George Timotheu, big CB.

Also I disagree that you can play both Nino and Halloran, particularly if they keep form up.theyve shown this year.

Agree on Strain though, plus we have a few kids coming through in that spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we have no one else who can win us the game? Or at least get a f*n draw.
he wasnt going to do anything continually giving the ball to the mariners. but lets not kid ourselves, we're a fair way off creating another chance, let alone scoring.

Back