Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kitto has been serviceable but I hope he's gone at the end of the season, just not good enough for mine.
He's one of those guys who generally gives everything he's got, just doesn't have the talent to start and certainly not at full back.

You're the only person in the state constantly defending Blackwood, who wouldn't be a walk up starter at Metro Stars
He's a walk up starter here though isn't he ?? For better or worse.

Based on his last 6 weeks I'd be more than inclined to agree though.

FWIW he's scored as many goals as Toure too.

Not that it's a good thing

Reality is in the last 6 weeks only Jako and to a lesser extent Izzo and Riley can hold their heads up.

Every one else, especially in the front half.... have been deplorable.

He's a walk up starter here though isn't he ?? For better or worse.

Based on his last 6 weeks I'd be more than inclined to agree though.
He shouldn't be. This is what everyone has been saying but you keep defending him. He is not A-League quality. He is very, very ordinary

Should have kept Stamapolous or however it was spelt, he's better than Blackwood. Playing Halloren up front again is better than Blackwood, or playing fat Dave from div 6 futsal at Ingle Farm is better than Blackwood. He's shite

Not sure I've seen a team fall away after a decent start so quickly. Has to be problems behind the scenes? At least the administrators can sleep easy knowing they used the international spots well. Nothing else they could have done for this squad...

He shouldn't be. This is what everyone has been saying but you keep defending him. He is not A-League quality. He is very, very ordinary

Should have kept Stamapolous or however it was spelt, he's better than Blackwood. Playing Halloren up front again is better than Blackwood, or playing fat Dave from div 6 futsal at Ingle Farm is better than Blackwood. He's shite

Not sure I've seen a team fall away after a decent start so quickly. Has to be problems behind the scenes? At least the administrators can sleep easy knowing they used the international spots well. Nothing else they could have done for this squad...
I reckon their might be issues behind the scenes yeah.

And keeping AP wouldn't have been any better than George, has he even played yet ?? George has talent, there is no question about it.... he scores goals for the Olyroos. His issue is between the ears.

I reckon their might be issues behind the scenes yeah.

And keeping AP wouldn't have been any better than George, has he even played yet ?? George has talent, there is no question about it.... he scores goals for the Olyroos. His issue is between the ears.
Stama showed a lot more ticker when he played for us than George ever did/does.

Aren't the Olyroos playing now? If this was true he'd be with them, not us

Stama showed a lot more ticker when he played for us than George ever did/does.

Aren't the Olyroos playing now? If this was true he'd be with them, not us
Too old.

I'll give that to Stama and there's a lot to be said for it. I'd have kept him too and we did try.... Western United offered him a lot to sit on the pine.

By that I mean he can't play in the Olympics unless he's an overager which we wouldn't and shouldn't do.

Anyways, I'm certainly losing faith in him. As I said, he has talent but you need more than that at this level.

By that I mean he can't play in the Olympics unless he's an overager which we wouldn't and shouldn't do.

Anyways, I'm certainly losing faith in him. As I said, he has talent but you need more than that at this level.
The A-League has become such a standard that I think even someone with little heart but actual talent would thrive tbh. It doesn't take a star to be above your peers when Mileuseless is thieving a salary

To say the league has plateaued the last 4 years would be an understatement. I genuinely think it's worse. Could chuck a local Sunday div 1 player among most teams and only the most astute fan would know who the amateur was amongst them. This is why Blackwood still gets games and will probably continue to after this year sadly

The A-League has become such a standard that I think even someone with little heart but actual talent would thrive tbh. It doesn't take a star to be above your peers when Mileuseless is thieving a salary

To say the league has plateaued the last 4 years would be an understatement. I genuinely think it's worse. Could chuck a local Sunday div 1 player among most teams and only the most astute fan would know who the amateur was amongst them. This is why Blackwood still gets games and will probably continue to after this year sadly
The league is in real trouble. 3 teams have all the best Aussie talent in what is meant to be a capped league.

The league is in real trouble. 3 teams have all the best Aussie talent in what is meant to be a capped league.
Been thinking of ways to help this for a while. Not fool proof but worth investigating IMO

Tiered salary cap so the biggest clubs get less room than the minnows who lose players every single year

If the cap is $3.2M now. Sydney, MV, City get that
WSW, WHU get slightly more but not much, say $3.5M
Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth get $4M
CCM, Newcastle, Wellington who get nothing but other clubs scraps $4.75M

This would help them retain players and even the league out a bit. Obviously not perfect but better than what we do now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours that Triosi is close to moving in the next transfer period, any more whispers on anyone that may come to us?
Gee he hung around didn't he.

Wonder how Val will paint that in his next article. With that said, I'd be slightly surprised.

there would be players who would kill for blackwood's size and athleticism. for his size he's good on the ball. but then comes the next part. decision making and executing. and that's the difference between the blackwood's and the fornaroli's.
It seems like he will never go to the next level, he's had how many years now???

Back