Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tactics look clear to me, we just don't have depth.

Goody can't come home soon enough.
Tactics seem to counter and rely on pace. I like his passion but ffs Joe Caletti... what is the point? He’s playing 90... and the Toure brothers on together they seem to look for each other too often.

if you're going to put your foot out to block a goal, do it ******* properly, not that weak as piss dangle that does nothing but cause problems.

caletti being a first team player, taking the piss right? surely? castro and bruno treated him like a child, castro nead the end even hugged him and kissed him on the head after a tussle. how embarrassing.

Tactics seem to counter and rely on pace. I like his passion but ffs Joe Caletti... what is the point? He’s playing 90... and the Toure brothers on together they seem to look for each other too often.
Yeah Caletti is no good, need Lopez to come good or shift Mauk back.

if you're going to put your foot out to block a goal, do it ******* properly, not that weak as piss dangle that does nothing but cause problems.
Harsh

Gonna be a long season, dunno when our next win will come, the victory will no doubt be licking their lips in a few weeks 👿
You're a positive chap aren't you.

We'll be fine.

Yes but don’t agree on shifting Mauk back, he’s our best attacking mid. Goodwin offers something different from a wide area, the current options all play pretty similarly.
Goodwin is more than good enough to play 10 at this level, and plays inside left even as a wide player.

It's gotta be Lopez though.

he has played more than enough to know better. he sees it coming, has time to gauge it, and knowing that he has an inform keeper behind him, pokes a toe out. yeah cheers
Wrong footed, and he's hardly played in 18 months.

Ridiculously harsh.

The biggest issue I have with us isn't the fact we are playing youth, it's that we are playing youth at the expense of all else.

Smith does some good things but not enough, Dukuly similar and probably worse when you consider 2 Toures are on the pine and Pacifique can't get a look it, Abetew is good but very raw and we sure as hell can't have D'Arrigo AND Caletti at the base of a midfield.

We are apparently signing another import as well as an Aussie

That second half was nothing short of pathetic last night and I’m not going to lie, I was one of several that voiced our displeasure at the final whistle
The last 25 minutes were. The first 20 of the 2nd half weren't bad at all.

We lack serious depth, these 2 signings have to be absolute quality and if Goodwin is one of them that's a very good thing. The other is supposed to be an import and he needs to gel immediately.

Pressure starting to mount on Juric too, needs a goal badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, as much as I laughed at what Stef said and he did perform well, he can't be doing that as captain.

Yeah he looks pretty solid, bit like Jako was when he first turned up. I mean you don't get to the Bundesliga without talent.

And yes Goody crossing the ball = goals. As good as the Toure boys are they don't do that particularly well at this point.

A front 3 of Juric, Halloran and Goodwin should be tasty. If Tomi can't get a few goals from a Goodwin cross then he never will.

i think tactically there needs to be a change. juric does too much off the ball. leave all the running around for the toure's and the young quick guys. juric shouldnt be venturing out to the wing. we have more than enough guys to be doing that. plus the continual ball over the top in the hope that the toure's get it every time just wont work. put konsta in midfield with mauk and try to get some more possession in games.

it looks like goodwin's contract with the saudi club expires at the end of the season as well
It's a strange one, he was fantastic in his first year yet the coach sent him out on loan. The fans were furious.

lots of enthusiasm and small parts of good play, but lacking in class, experience and composure. our final ball in is genuinely appalling though.
Injuries every week means we can't get cohesion either, which is exactly what a young squad needs.

We need a real 10 as well, Mauk is needed elsewhere.

Back