Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Injuries every week means we can't get cohesion either, which is exactly what a young squad needs.

We need a real 10 as well, Mauk is needed elsewhere.
goodwin pretty much has to play there for mine. but this has been a genuine outclassing from a stacked lineup. it's been horrible to watch but sometimes you come up against guys like benat and susaeta and it's like well what do you do? they're above this league.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
goodwin pretty much has to play there for mine. but this has been a genuine outclassing from a stacked lineup. it's been horrible to watch but sometimes you come up against guys like benat and susaeta and it's like well what do you do? they're above this league.
Goodwin is probably needed out wide so we have someone who can cross.....

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Caletti is so bad.
i dont know what his role is meant to be and i dont think veart does either. he just kind of runs around. if you're that small you have to have something about you, like a good tackler or a good pass. he's just there.

Goodwin is probably needed out wide so we have someone who can cross.....
dukuly put in some good crosses i thought

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
George hasn't done much wrong but he was right there......

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
konsta has ruptured his left acl at training. it's a cruel game sometimes.
If there was a positive, it’s that we’ve conceded most of our goals when he’s on the pitch. Still hope he recovers & returns a better player. As for tonight, we’d better be competitive after last weeks shocker

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Veart and Ross look out of their depth, who'd have thought.

That's not a penalty lol

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could the commentators be any more down on aufc this game? Obviously we are garbage but gee the commentary is negative...

Even that penalty, you always see them given but that should be overturned?

On another note. Players are over it apparently, owners have given instruction to play all kids just to try and sell for profit. Reconsider membership in future years, pathetic ownership shouldnt get your money. I like playing youth but playing so much at once is just detrimental to development. Many unhappy players i hear

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah youth for the sake of it isn't what we want.

Goodwin and an attacking midfielder import will make a difference but someone like Caletti and even Dukuly have no business out there.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They get given often enough? I havent watched much soccer of late but not the definition of "howler" or even worth getting upset about. They're often given in that situation.
Oh it's not a howler, but it shouldn't have been given

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
the problem with selling for youth is they need to show something consistently and that comes from confidence. not having any experience or leadership out there isn't going to give either. there needs to be a balance. who is going to buy guys like caletti?

thought it was telling when in between ross' shouting at one point he just screams DO SOMETHING. top stuff ross.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
the problem with selling for youth is they need to show something consistently and that comes from confidence. not having any experience or leadership out there isn't going to give either. there needs to be a balance. who is going to buy guys like caletti?

thought it was telling when in between ross' shouting at one point he just screams DO SOMETHING. top stuff ross.
That's all he's got Rossco

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
How Marrone can't get a game is beyond me.

Like the commentators said, play him on the right and Lopez instead of Caletti.

I've heard similar rumbling of discontent, you're a star or you're a kid. Much like the Craigy days at the Crows.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Another African Aussie looking so very good.

Back