Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cavusevic ACL.

Our hopes now rest on the very injury prone legs of Baba Diawara.

Being harshly judged here is George. Reckon he will benefit from Johan being in this sort of form.

I’ll be happy to be proven wrong
To be honest I don't know what people expected from a 21yo in his first full season.

He led the line of a largely malfunctioning midfield chock full of injuries, not many kids his age have been able to do it.

To be honest I don't know what people expected from a 21yo in his first full season.

He led the line of a largely malfunctioning midfield chock full of injuries, not many kids his age have been able to do it.
It’s not so much a knock on him personally, more so frustration regarding our forward prospects this year.
Just as we look to be getting things together we get red cards or injuries, that we result in having to rely on a 21 year old for most of the season who hardly scores just compounds the frustration.

It’s not so much a knock on him personally, more so frustration regarding our forward prospects this year.
Just as we look to be getting things together we get red cards or injuries, that we result in having to rely on a 21 year old for most of the season who hardly scores just compounds the frustration.
He's scored more than everyone bar Johan.

But we are relying on a very injury prone Baba and a slightly less injury prone Absalonsen for any success. If we get the Baba who arrived at the end of last season we can still challenge

Second to last round of the season and we're still starting George Blackwood in the XI. What a season.

Also I don't see how Baba can contribute anything useful from here on in. He's missed the majority of the season and as an international player can't exactly just come back into the team and have an instant impact. It's too late for him. It's all up to Georgie, lol.

Second to last round of the season and we're still starting George Blackwood in the XI. What a season.

Also I don't see how Baba can contribute anything useful from here on in. He's missed the majority of the season and as an international player can't exactly just come back into the team and have an instant impact. It's too late for him. It's all up to Georgie, lol.
In actual fact, Baba came in about this time last year give or take 2 weeks, and had an immediate impact after a long break.

He needs to run until he breaks, if he makes it through til say the 2nd week of finals before we bow out then perhaps he's worth keeping. I'm reliably informed his family have settled here too.

Would have liked to have played Sydney with our team and Cavusevic hitting their straps.

Alex Brosque was a ******* smart arse last time. Would love to put him in his place.

Such a shame. Hopefully the boys can still do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahahaha right on half time. Figures.

Well 5th it is and an away final against the Victory. Should be fun...

Well that was putrid.

Isa needs to be rested next week to avoid getting another yellow and a suspension. If they play him in basically a dead rubber it would be one of the dumbest moves of all time by this club.

Even though we’ve made the finals, I have ZERO intention on wasting my money & attending a very likely finals exit at the hands of our fierce rival, right now my AFL & SANFL sides are no.1 priority

We won't be playing a home final. Reality is we are the 4th best side with the Jets falling in a heap.

If Sydney play like that no one touches them.

They won't be playing the Victory though? If they finish 3rd on the table and win week 1 of the finals they'll go on to play Newcastle, and probably win.
They'll need to face them eventually I think.

Back