Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s up there with the early straight red on Christiano in our GF against Victory only to be rescinded after the game.
My mind turned straight to that.

Talk to Cristiano, still hasn't gotten over that

To be expected, IMO was always going to try and finish his career back home. We saw his best, and his best was pretty damn good but that was a few years ago now and he would have only kept a kid like Strain out of the side.

Ripping bloke though, and his character around the boys will be missed.

He made a ton of last man, goal-saving tackles. Wouldn’t call that backing off.
That he did, but was caught napping more often than not. That said, he suited the Spanish style perfectly.

Anyone heard of Garuccio leaving?
Wouldn't be unlike Ben, he's been itching for a move for 18 months. These young Adelaide lads don't want to hang around our club.

Mabil, Kamau, Mauk, McGree, Tongyik and now Garuccio.

I think he is a better defender than Garuccio personally.
He's a natural attacking defender, Ben has had to learn how to defend and it's not something he does overly well really. His last 6 or so games this year were very good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m getting fed up with this league to be honest, shocking refereeing, farcical VAR and Match Review Panel, inept leadership, players being absolute mercenary grifters and now the FFA again considering giving a club $3m for the leagues “Marquee fund” like the Cahill deal.
F*** this s**t.
If our new owners don’t pull out some big signings early I doubt I’ll be getting another season pass.

I’m getting fed up with this league to be honest, shocking refereeing, farcical VAR and Match Review Panel, inept leadership, players being absolute mercenary grifters and now the FFA again considering giving a club $3m for the leagues “Marquee fund” like the Cahill deal.
F*** this s**t.
If our new owners don’t pull out some big signings early I doubt I’ll be getting another season pass.
Who are the considering giving 3 million to? For which player?

Big signing, and it paves the way for Gulum to go.

Good partner for Elsey

Pretty much did exactly what I've been asking for for weeks. Finally an experienced foreign CB to partner Elsey, it's exactly what we needed. He's a strong defender so I'm happy with the signing.

Back