Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Adlung officially gone, Baba apparently wants out.

We need to do our checks with these guys. Both of them were reluctant to sign in the first place and we promised to turn their minds around.

Adlung will be a huge loss, he is a great player

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
Adlung officially gone, Baba apparently wants out.

We need to do our checks with these guys. Both of them were reluctant to sign in the first place and we promised to turn their minds around.

Adlung will be a huge loss, he is a great player
Yeah, we shouldn’t have to beg players to come here. You want to play for us or you don’t. Have doubts? Move on to the next player.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Also, since the release of our memberships 10 days ago, we have already sold more than in the first 40 days of the last season.

Good signs.

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Is there a membership count or number anywhere to see?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The club said today that they sold 1000 memberships in the first 4 days of sale and that it took 3 and a half weeks to sell 1000 memberships last season. So it’s looking good.

diligaf473

Club Legend
Dec 11, 2013
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chargers, WHU, AUFC
Looks like we’ve missed Mauk for the second time, heading to the Roar according to Val.

Also reported Mabil heading back to Oz but not to us, WSW going for him. Which leads me to our new owners, they have been terribly underwhelming and I have as much faith in them as I did in Griffen and his cohorts. This year I’m going to hold out on renewing my membership until I see signs that they’re serious about giving us a squad that gives us a shot at the title.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Looks like we’ve missed Mauk for the second time, heading to the Roar according to Val.

Also reported Mabil heading back to Oz but not to us, WSW going for him. Which leads me to our new owners, they have been terribly underwhelming and I have as much faith in them as I did in Griffen and his cohorts. This year I’m going to hold out on renewing my membership until I see signs that they’re serious about giving us a squad that gives us a shot at the title.
Yep, I’m very much of the same thought. I’ll be wanting to see some aggressive recruiting until I renew especially chasing good players from other teams, sick of watching the flood of players being poached from United.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

The new owners have done a great job thus far, not sure what you're concerned about.

Mauk doesn't want to live in Adelaide, simple as that. He thinks he's too good for the city and the club, if you recall he was dragged back here kicking and screaming the first time.

Mabil..... meh.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Mauk is just another tosser like Troisi. Don't want either.
Except a less talented one.

Mabil is disappointing given he could be handy, if a touch overrated. I guess he wanted to play at the Wanderers with Tongyik and Kamau, they did grow up together after all.

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
With Adrian having some contract issues with Sydney FC, I wonder if we can put something under his nose.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Reckon it's a year or 2 late for him, but good luck to him.

I hated him, but if he wore our colours here we would have another title at least.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think he did, but played for Kosovo

Back