Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Ilso.

Danish striker who had a long career in Europe, with some Aussie teammates, and has recently been plying his trade in Asia. Can play as a #10 as well.

I know that’s part of it, but there are thousands of players out there and City, Victory and Sydney can only sign so many of them.
I agree, weve done well with Spaniards and Brazilians of that age range before so it seems odd we have gone this path.

Wonder if this means Baba is out

The last couple of leagues he has played in do not fill me with confidence.
I noticed that too, but he did dominate, which means he was too good for that level.

“currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in law” also doesn’t fill me with confidence. Not many professional footballers pursue a back up plan. At least we know he’s smart, lol.

The last couple of leagues he has played in do not fill me with confidence.
Totally dominated them mind you.

Maybe we should have pursued Guardiola again, he will be playing in La Liga next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that too, but he did dominate, which means he was too good for that level.

“currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in law” also doesn’t fill me with confidence. Not many professional footballers pursue a back up plan. At least we know he’s smart, lol.

How is that a back up plan when he's 30 years old? Have to do something after you retire from playing, and like 95% of professional footballers his career earnings won't have been enough to live on for very long.

I mean how hard is it to dominate in the Singapore league in-front of no fans.
And Malaysia.

People wanted Serg Van Dijk back a couple years ago and he had a lesser record than this bloke.

And Malaysia.

People wanted Serg Van Dijk back a couple years ago and he had a lesser record than this bloke.
Obviously pedigree and a well-known record doesn't always prove how good a player is/isn't (see Berisha) so I will happily be proven wrong if he's a star.

It's also worth noting the bloke considers himself a number 10, but can also play striker. We needed a 10 last year, let's hope he's the man.

Well hes contracted and hasn't asked for a release yet, but I reckon he will leave. No info just a hunch.

Which then leaves us without a gun striker again. Also, Isa looks like he's going to have to wait for his citizenship

Looks much the same to me. We have an import left to sign and another quality Aussie spot.

We were as good as anyone last year, we just didn't do it for long enough. No team looks as good as last season bar Perth who have signed some quality.

The league is waning and the powers that be dont seem to care.

The depth in defence is a bit of a worry, really need to sign another fullback imo. After Regan we have no CB so hopefully Jakobsen and Elsey stay fit all season.

Are we looking at anyone? Obviously Davidson rejected us and he would have been a nice signing.

Back